The Student Room Group

AQA A2 COMP 3 Computing 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlecRobertson
Can somebody concisely explain public key encryption to me please?

Thank you! :smile:

It's basically what people above have been talking about, the wikibook explains it quite well.
Thanks all, I think I've got it now! :smile:

So in short, you let the hackers have the public key but they can't do anything with it as you need the private key to decrypt the data at the other end? :smile:
Thanks all, I think I've got it now! :smile:

So in short, you let the hackers have the public key but they can't do anything with it as you need the private key to decrypt the data at the other end? :smile:

Basically, but of course it's not just hackers who can have it, anyone wanting to send data to you needs your public key as well to encrypt the data that they're going to send you, which you can then decrypt using your private key.
Thanks a lot :smile:

I also watched a computerphile video on it which helped too :biggrin:

Good luck everyone!
Oh one more thing: I can never remember the third normal form requirements. Help? :smile:
Oh one more thing: I can never remember the third normal form requirements. Help? :smile:

The two I go for are:

All data is atomic

No data that is not dependent in the primary key

Reply 446
i've done 2 hours revision wish me luck

any stuff worth actually knowing that is like 100% coming up and will be bulk marks?
Original post by fml2015

any stuff worth actually knowing that is like 100% coming up and will be bulk marks?

Don't worry mate. I've done just about as much as you. WJEC ICT and AQA Comp3 clash really messed me over.
Original post by fml2015

your name is this year for me
Original post by Joe1000000
The two I go for are:

All data is atomic

No data that is not dependent in the primary key

Write the following:
All data is dependent on the primary key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. Two marks.

Atomic data might work better for 1NF.
But what if they ask for two points split up?
AQA can go suck a big fat one!! That trace table was complete BS, I barely have the patience for a little, never mind that one! And also, just curious, but are trace tables actually used in the industry?
we should offer ani juice to AQA. Hopefully they'll accept and give us good marks....

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was a fairly nice exam, nothing too abstract or out of the ordinary in there :smile:
That exam was so nice for me, going to write up all the answers I was able to program into my calculator in a sec
Ok, did it. Bear in mind there's a good chance a couple of these are wrong. Any ones left blank were longer answer questions that I didn't have time to put into my calculator.

Spoiler

Reply 456
I thought that was a really easy paper - nothing too extraordinary, and we were even allowed to leave early at the end :-)

The operating system was awesome, but in hindsight I probably should have given some examples of how a real-time system works.
Original post by Drakton15
Ok, did it. Bear in mind there's a good chance a couple of these are wrong. Any ones left blank were longer answer questions that I didn't have time to put into my calculator.

Spoiler

For question 4B I'm pretty sure the answers was 13.25 not 13.625
Original post by aelahi23
For question 4B I'm pretty sure the answers was 13.25 not 13.625

Yeah, it was 13.25
Everything went real nice. Not sure about the ER diagram (i got many to many appointments and patients, and one to many from the others to appointments)
Or the normalisation of the database (cant remember) though
Original post by JamGrip
Yeah, it was 13.25
Everything went real nice. Not sure about the ER diagram (i got many to many appointments and patients, and one to many from the others to appointments)
Or the normalisation of the database (cant remember) though

It was many-to-one for appointments to patients. it was 1 appointment has only one patient, but patients could have multiple appointments.

Quick Reply

Latest