The Student Room Group

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Historyfrenchfan
What's everyone gonna do tonight to celebrate?

Break my fast lol
Original post by adam1233
Budget, purchasing of new software and hardware, training, technical direction of the department and finally recruitment of staff.
I'm not entirely sure about your points but they might get marks.

yeah hopefully
Reply 502
testing harness, is to test automated processes under different conditions right?
I AM OFFICIALLY DOME WITH A2 FML! Thank god for ZigZag education though !

Paper was actually okay except that data warehouse question BULLCRAPPED my way along!

But yeah everyone have a great summer and goodluck for results day :smile:
Original post by Sarah5152
I AM OFFICIALLY DOME WITH A2 FML! Thank god for ZigZag education though !

Paper was actually okay except that data warehouse question BULLCRAPPED my way along!

But yeah everyone have a great summer and goodluck for results day :smile:

Shut up u beg
Reply 505
Original post by ICT Geek
Thar paper was ****. How fuk can man answering half the question When my ****ing can't even ****ing teach. All year ain't learnt ****. Failed exam lucky to get 20 marks

Teach it to yourself that's what I did my ICT teacher was Scottish and in it for the money not once did he say how he enjoyed his job, he was only there for the coin he could make, the to**er
I'm just praying that no one else has to go through the same **** teaching I had to to through. Hopefully all my class fails making the school reliaze she can't teach to save her life and she gets sacked and lives of the dole for the rest of her life.

Bruv chill the fk out b4 I reck you mofo no one be caring that man getting a U okay G?
Original post by tofaeal
Bruv chill the fk out b4 I reck you mofo no one be caring that man getting a U okay G?

Bruv shut up man just cuz ur mum was presented with a U when she gave birth to u
Bruv shut up man just cuz ur mum was presented with a U when she gave birth to u

What a sideman I presented your mum the D okay bruv? behave.
Original post by tofaeal
What a sideman I presented your mum the D okay bruv? behave.

Stfu now before I make u disappear like madeline mccan
Stfu now before I make u disappear like madeline mccan

Holy ****.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
What did people say for the asset management and help desk question :s
What did you say for the assets management and help desk question ?:smile:
Original post by Taplin97
What did you say for the assets management and help desk question ?:smile:

Well, it said integrated help desk but I treated it as just a normal desk and explained about employing staff with expertise and knowledge so they can provide answers/support to users. They may be available 24/7 and can be easily reached, as well as being able to outsource it so it can cost less to manage than in house.

For the assets register system, I guessed it was a system to do with equipment and items, and registering/making note of what is used in the business etc. Therefore the business can use the system to order in stock they have always used and no need to change (no training required which reduces cost as employees know how to use current assets) etc. Yeah I wasn't too sure for this part of the question. :biggrin:
Is it just me or did that 20 mark essay feel more like question rather than an essay? I structured each point by saying the name of a system and how it works then I said how the system is efficent and effective and how it allows a businesses functions to be improved. Anybody else structure theirs like that?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Code101
Is it just me or did that 20 mark essay feel more like question rather than an essay? I structured each point by saying the name of a system and how it works then I said how the system is efficent and effective and how it allows a businesses functions to be improved. Anybody else structure theirs like that?
yeah and then i gave an example of how it can be used in a business
Since I have a good memory I will post the questions as I remember them 😅

Section A

Q1. What is the difference between an internet service and an extranet service?

Q1b. Fill in the gantt chart for UCDM's project plan

Q2. Why is it important for UCDM to use a formal project methodology when creating the new system?

Q3. How would a risk analysis help UCDM prepare for a security breach/loss of service? (something like that)

Q4. What investigation and recording techniques should UCDM use?

Q5. How can the data warehouse be shown as one system? (something like that)

Section B

Q1. Match the letter to the type of testing (D, C, B, A btw haha)

Q2. What is a test harness?

Q3. Cant remember loool

Q4. How will an integrated help desk/asset manager system benefit an organisation?

Q5. What is the responsibility of the Chief Information Officer?

20 Mark Essay: How ICT systems can improve the business processes of an organisation, include efficency and effectiveness

You're welcome b**tches 😂😂 i kid i kid
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ilovebombay
yeah and then i gave an example of how it can be used in a business

Ah yeah i forgot to add I did that aswell. Phew I thought i structured mine to 'question' like if you know what I mean but its good to know I wasn't the only one 😅
Original post by Code101
Ah yeah i forgot to add I did that aswell. Phew I thought i structured mine to 'question' like if you know what I mean but its good to know I wasn't the only one 😅

It just makes it easier for the examiner to give you good marks 😉
Original post by Code101
Since I have a good memory I will post the questions as I remember them 😅

Q1. What is the difference between an internet service and an extranet service?

Q1b. Fill in the gantt chart for UCDM's project plan

Q2. Why is it important for UCDM to use a formal project methodology when creating the new system?

Q3. How would a risk analysis help UCDM prepare for a security breach/loss of service? (something like that)

Q4. What investigation and recording techniques should UCDM use?

Q5. How can the data warehouse be shown as one system? (something like that)

Section B

Q1. Match the letter to the type of testing (D,C,B,A btw haha)

Q2. What is a test harness?

Q3. Cant remember loool

Q4. How will a integrated help desk/asset manager system benefit an organisation?

Q5. What is the responsibility of the Chief Information Officer?

20 Mark Essay: How ICT systems can improve the business processes of an organisation, include efficency and effectiveness

You're welcome b**tches 😂😂 i kid i kid

Oi u dickhead it was an asset register system

Quick Reply