The Student Room Group

To wear drynites (nappies) on a school trip because of bedwetting?

Hi I still wet my bed and I'm 14! I have a place on a school trip this week and it means I will be sharing a room with two other people (I'm not sure who yet). Do you think I should ask my mum to buy me some drynites pull ups. It's as a last resort to keep anyone from finding out. I'm worried my room mates may notice I am wearing nappies which could be worse than just wetting the bed. Is this a good idea? What would you do?

Scroll to see replies

It would be better than wetting the bed imo.
You can't even buy them yourself!?
TBH I would prefer to be caught wearing drynights and put aside my pride over my roommate finding me in a pool of wee anyday :smile:. I wet the bed on a school trip and I will never live it down :redface:
Reply 4
Original post by TheIndecent
TBH I would prefer to be caught wearing drynights and put aside my pride over my roommate finding me in a pool of wee anyday :smile:. I wet the bed on a school trip and I will never live it down :redface:

That was my thought at first. But now I think if they catch me wearing drynights it looks like I regularly wear them. If I just wet the bed I can say it doesn't normally happen.
Original post by Anonymous
That was my thought at first. But now I think if they catch me wearing drynights it looks like I regularly wear them. If I just wet the bed I can say it doesn't normally happen.

maybe try lady products. I know that this is bad advice but sanitary towels can be really discrete :smile:
I think you'd honestly feel more comfortable wearing drynights, or else you wouldn't have asked the question haha
If I were in your situation then I'd wear them, the anxiety of not wearing them and thinking you may wet the bed might only make you more likely to do it. No one will know you're wearing them providing you're discrete so you'll be fine! :h:
Reply 7
maybe try lady products. I know that this is bad advice but sanitary towels can be really discrete :smile:

Thanks. Its worth a thought but they wont hold as much as a nappy.
I have been in this position before and can tell you that its better to wear drynights. I was younger than you (12) on my school ski trip which was for a week. I would slip them on after everyone was in bed and the teacher would wake me up early to take it off. I wore them for a whole week without anyone knowing.
I wet the bed on a school trip and I will never live it down :redface:

Haha, more details of this pleas? :tongue:
Haha, more details of this pleas? :tongue:

Well it goes like this. I was about 15 and we went on a school trip to Coventry, someone bought 2 massive bottles of cheap vodka and I decided to drink a whole cup full of vodka for the first time. Long story short I woke up in a bed full of wee that was soo wet that it was leaking down the side :colondollar:
Made the 'alcohol and no toilet trip before bed' mistake a couple of times..
Its far better to consider and implement all precautions necessary, trust me :P.

If they ask why you're wearing them just say its for a kidney problem or something..
Well it goes like this. I was about 15 and we went on a school trip to Coventry, someone bought 2 massive bottles of cheap vodka and I decided to drink a whole cup full of vodka for the first time. Long story short I woke up in a bed full of wee that was soo wet that it was leaking down the side :colondollar:

Hahaha, how long was it before you drank again?
Hahaha, how long was it before you drank again?

I only started drinking again when I turned 18 so three years:smile:
Reply 14
Have you seen a doctor? They might be able to help as this must be pretty inconvenient.
I only started drinking again when I turned 18 so three years:smile:

If it makes you feel better my friend actually got drunk at 15 and poo'd his pants.
I think that I have issues because I am actually crying with laughter right now.:biggrin:
Hi I still wet my bed and I'm 14! I have a place on a school trip this week and it means I will be sharing a room with two other people (I'm not sure who yet). Do you think I should ask my mum to buy me some drynites pull ups. It's as a last resort to keep anyone from finding out. I'm worried my room mates may notice I am wearing nappies which could be worse than just wetting the bed. Is this a good idea? What would you do?

definitely buy it if that will make you feel comfortable. Also why should your friends notice?! just act normal and it will be fine. Are you sure they may fit you though?
definitely buy it if that will make you feel comfortable. Also why should your friends notice?! just act normal and it will be fine. Are you sure they may fit you though?

Thanks, I have brought some and will probably wear them. I'm worried my friends will notice because they are nappies and can bulge threw my pjs or stick out over the top. I also will have to dispose of the wet ones in the morning without anyone knowing. They go up to age 15 and I have worn them before and seemed fine, so they should fit.
If it makes you feel better my friend actually got drunk at 15 and poo'd his pants.

I think that I have issues because I am actually crying with laughter right now.:biggrin:

I think if teenagers are going to drink they should wear nappies.

Quick Reply

Latest