The Student Room Group

Do men like women who dress very revealingly, or who dress "classily"/conservatively?

It depends on the guy, but I'd like to gather male opinions.

"Revealing" items would be the usual - see through tops, very short hotpants, or things like obviously not wearing a bra. I guess a lot of summer stuff would be "revealing" too.

"Conservative" wouldn't be nun type things but more classic, like blazers, trench coats etc. Just not a huge amount of skin on show.

Girls can comment too :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Conservative.
Personally I don't really care haha, I don't think most men pay as much attention as other women when it comes to clothes but I'd be interested to see what others think. In terms of what I like...idk?

Overly 'revealing' clothes will make me think they are the female equivalent of guys who take their tops off or walk around in muscle vests, not a fan I'm afraid. But really I don't think about it too much :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by TheBBQ
Conservative.

Any reason why? :smile:

Wahrheit
Personally I don't really care haha, I don't think most men pay as much attention as other women when it comes to clothes but I'd be interested to see what others think. In terms of what I like...idk?

Overly 'revealing' clothes will make me think they are the female equivalent of guys who take their tops off or walk around in muscle vests, not a fan I'm afraid. But really I don't think about it too much

I notice most guys tend to judge women on what they wear, even though "hot is hot" to some extent :smile: For example, some middle-class guys I know who work in the City said they wouldn't date women who seem very punky or dress in an alternative/hipster way, even if they're quite attractive.

What do you think is overly revealing?
I like the way women dressed in the 1700's.
Reply 5
Classy women all the way. Trashy girls are a turn off.
Reply 8
Either, depending on the circumstances.
Reply 9
Original post by driftawaay
Classy women all the way. Trashy girls are a turn off.

Thanks - why is trashy a turn off?

Swanbow
Either, depending on the circumstances.

How do you mean? Most girls I know who dress revealingly tend to dress a bit like that even in the daytime, and vice versa :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

How do you mean? Most girls I know who dress revealingly tend to dress a bit like that even in the daytime, and vice versa :smile:

Well sometimes dressing revealingly looks alright, but other times it doesn't. Depends on the person, the outfit and the context. A woman can look good in a long skirt or a mini-skirt as far as I'm concerned.
Reply 11
Dress and skirt suit. :sogood:
Original post by Josb
Dress and skirt suit. :sogood:

Do you mean a blazer? You can't wear a skirt over a dress :lol:
Pretty sure a woman wearing a trench coat isn't conservative
Original post by scrotgrot
Pretty sure a woman wearing a trench coat isn't conservative

Depends with what. Obviously if you only have underwear underneath well...

Most women pair one with jeans or a dress and tights though. :h:
Depends what for.
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
Do you mean a blazer? You can't wear a skirt over a dress :lol:

I know, it was meant to be two separate things: dress, or skirt suit.
depends on the place.
if we're clubbing or at a rave or party and she's conservative like she's standing for election or a primary school teacher or a minister at a church, no. :colonhash:
if we're at church or school/Uni class and she's dressed like it's a party, no.
Get me? :yy:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Depends what for.

Just in general I guess.

I don't know many girls who dress conservatively in the daytime but then go all out on see through tops etc. at night (or vice versa :dontknow:)
Original post by Man.bear.pig
depends on the place.
if we're clubbing or at a rave or party and she's conservative like she's standing for election or a primary school teacher or a minister at a church, no. :colonhash:
if we're at church or school/Uni class and she's dressed like it's a party, no.
Get me? :yy:

I haven't seen many girls dressed like it's a party in the daytime (you mean bandage dresses and stuff?)

A lot of people wear stuff like crop tops and hotpants though.

Latest

Trending

Trending