The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Computing CG3 - Tuesday 23rd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
How many marks do you reckon I can loose and still get an A* or A ?
Reply 401
Original post by wb25
How many marks do you reckon I can loose and still get an A* or A ?

It depends what you got overall last year and in your coursework this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
It said two ways of describing them but I put the three I knew of along with a definition. Didn't feel like 4 marks worth though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh i see, no i know what you mean!!
Reply 403
I got 90% UMS last year, and I think my coursework this year was 94%. How many marks do you reckon I have to get in the exam to get an A/A* ?
Original post by wb25
I got 90% UMS last year, and I think my coursework this year was 94%. How many marks do you reckon I have to get in the exam to get an A/A* ?

how many UMS did you get last year?
Reply 405
Original post by jamietopp21
how many UMS did you get last year?

90% UMS equates to 180 I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
90% UMS equates to 180 I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

okay i thought so - our teacher gave us an excel spreadsheet where you can input last years marks and this years coursework marks and see what grades you can achieve with different exam marks

With 180 from last year and 94 on the coursework you need 58 marks to get an A overall, and 89 for an A* - however i would take these with a pinch of salt because 1) i image the grade boundaries will be higher 2) i might be totally wrong, as may the spreadsheet!
If anyone is interested here is the spreadsheet - its a bit fiddly but input your CG1 and CG2 UMS (there is a limit of 100 on each for some reason, so just input 100 in one and the remainder in the other) then input your CG4 raw mark and then you can enter different marks in "CG3 mock raw"

I don't know how accurate it is, i did not make it, so don't blame me if your expectations and your actual result are not the same but its a fair guide!
Reply 408
If anyone is interested here is the spreadsheet - its a bit fiddly but input your CG1 and CG2 UMS (there is a limit of 100 on each for some reason, so just input 100 in one and the remainder in the other) then input your CG4 raw mark and then you can enter different marks in "CG3 mock raw"

I don't know how accurate it is, i did not make it, so don't blame me if your expectations and your actual result are not the same but its a fair guide!

Thanks for sharing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 409
Does anyone want me to make an unofficial mark scheme based on previous year's answers to very similar questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 410
okay i thought so - our teacher gave us an excel spreadsheet where you can input last years marks and this years coursework marks and see what grades you can achieve with different exam marks

With 180 from last year and 94 on the coursework you need 58 marks to get an A overall, and 89 for an A* - however i would take these with a pinch of salt because 1) i image the grade boundaries will be higher 2) i might be totally wrong, as may the spreadsheet!

Thanks! That's a huge gap between A and A* isn't it!
Original post by wb25
Thanks! That's a huge gap between A and A* isn't it!

Yeah it is huge! D: but i believe you can only get an A* if you get an average of 90% or above in your A2 units so you need to be in high 80's or above in order to get it
Original post by CD223
Does anyone want me to make an unofficial mark scheme based on previous year's answers to very similar questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be so amazing! It's a shame we don't have a copy of the paper to look at, it would be good to look at the questions with fresh eyes if you see what i mean, but any kind of "mark scheme" would be great!
Reply 413
Yeah it is huge! D: but i believe you can only get an A* if you get an average of 90% or above in your A2 units so you need to be in high 80's or above in order to get it

That's true. I need 45 for an A and something like 80-85 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That's true. I need 45 for an A and something like 80-85 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

45? thats good! i need about 68!
Reply 415
45? thats good! i need about 68!

It's good if my coursework doesn't get moderated down! :biggrin:

Need an A for uni but after today I'm praying for an A* just for personal pride haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
It's good if my coursework doesn't get moderated down! :biggrin:

Need an A for uni but after today I'm praying for an A* just for personal pride haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm lucky enough to only need a B, so i only need 42 for uni! :P
Reply 417
(Sorry if I've already asked)

What do you hope to study and where?

I'm lucky enough to only need a B, so i only need 42 for uni! :P
Original post by CD223
(Sorry if I've already asked)

What do you hope to study and where?

you haven't i don't think, I'm hoping to study Music Technology at University of Sussex :smile: and yourself?
Reply 419
you haven't i don't think, I'm hoping to study Music Technology at University of Sussex :smile: and yourself?

Nice!
Computer Science at University of Bath :smile:

Making a MS now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending