Original post by ICT Geek
LAE

Stratty boy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

How much u paying at Eton
How much u paying at Eton

I was chatting **** btw. Im sure you caught on the eton college doesnt have an east london branch, atleast i hope you caught on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was chatting **** btw. Im sure you caught on the eton college doesnt have an east london branch, atleast i hope you caught on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't thinking straight all this fasting getting to my head it seems. So where go
Wasn't thinking straight all this fasting getting to my head it seems. So where go

BA

Posted from TSR Mobile

Full name if that's not too much trouble for you.
Full name if that's not too much trouble for you.

I aint gona tel some stranger.
In primary school they taught me about stranger danger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I aint gona tel some stranger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not
that's quite funny
true though, I wouldn't either
Stranger danger lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\
J'adore ça! En effet, cet été je vais assister à une université d'été à Oxford je vais étudier la russe, l'italien et le portugais et il faut que j'admette que je peux pa attendre! :ahee:

Je suis pas sur j'ai compris

Oxford summer school? And you have to admit? If so, admit = avouer

So you're going to apply and then not go? :lolwut: or apply and then go, and then say I'm doing Cambridge maths?

That'd be ****ing amazing though, I'd love that
Original post by MathMeister
that's quite funny
true though, I wouldn't either
Stranger danger lol
Posted from TSR Mobile

Init stranger danger. How did you as maths go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Je suis pas sur j'ai compris

Oxford summer school? And you have to admit? If so, admit = avouer

So you're going to apply and then not go? :lolwut: or apply and then go, and then say I'm doing Cambridge maths?

That'd be ****ing amazing though, I'd love that

admettre also means to admit/confess, as well as avouer, and is more of a 'showy' way to say it when using 'il faut que', especially when speaking, as the subjective 'sounds', whereas the subj of avouer would just be 'il faut que j'avoue', which in an exam oral situation doesn't show off that you know that the subjunctive must be there! & assister means attend and attendre means wait if that's confused you?

I've already got my place on UNIQ to do Beginners Languages. I'm applying for Maths but that's not to say I can't enjoy languages either!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Learn characters at the same time it makes so much more sense that way, obviously in the short run progress is slower but in the long run much quicker
It's difficult to try and pick up characters afterwards imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are Chinese, aren't you?

Okay, I trust your opinion.
Natural sciences at Christs wbu my n1gga

@L'Evil Fish you're in good company :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Jordan\
admettre also means to admit/confess, as well as avouer, and is more of a 'showy' way to say it when using 'il faut que', especially when speaking, as the subjective 'sounds', whereas the subj of avouer would just be 'il faut que j'avoue', which in an exam oral situation doesn't show off that you know that the subjunctive must be there! & assister means attend and attendre means wait if that's confused you?

I've already got my place on UNIQ to do Beginners Languages. I'm applying for Maths but that's not to say I can't enjoy languages either!

Oooh lol I remember trying to think of words to make it obvious I knew it was subjunctive but now I just let the most natural way come out. Aah, you can't wait. The way to say that is 'Je meurs d'impatience', makes sense now

Indeed! I once considered AMES! (Along with numerous other degrees but)

Original post by cerlohee
@L'Evil Fish you're in good company :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I read and was hoping troll
Oooh lol I remember trying to think of words to make it obvious I knew it was subjunctive but now I just let the most natural way come out. Aah, you can't wait. The way to say that is 'Je meurs d'impatience', makes sense now

Ah yeah, I would usually do that too but after two months of exams and a three hour long French writing exam where I can't just get away with that I've had to get some 'nicer' more sophisticated phrases which just kind of stick with me for a while~ unfortunately exams are more like a game to please the examiner and not just seem 'natural' :frown:

I would use J'attends.. avec impatience but it translates more to 'I am looking forward to..' and all my French friends say je peux pas attendre so it just kind of stuck.
Original post by Jordan\
Ah yeah, I would usually do that too but after two months of exams and a three hour long French writing exam where I can't just get away with that I've had to get some 'nicer' more sophisticated phrases which just kind of stick with me for a while~ unfortunately exams are more like a game to please the examiner and not just seem 'natural' :frown:

I would use J'attends.. avec impatience but it translates more to 'I am looking forward to..' and all my French friends say je peux pas attendre so it just kind of stuck.

Indeed they are! 'jouez le jeu' is what I was told, which is silly.

Ah fair enough, I thought it didn't translate literally, guess I'm wrong!
Indeed they are! 'jouez le jeu' is what I was told, which is silly.

Ah fair enough, I thought it didn't translate literally, guess I'm wrong!

I wish exams weren't like that though, but oh well haha If I were to do it at Uni I'm sure it wouldn't be any different tbh.. only when you learn the language as a language would you never have to think of things like if the subjunctive 'sounds' or if the opening phrase of that paragraph is 'showy' enough 😂
Original post by Jordan\
I wish exams weren't like that though, but oh well haha If I were to do it at Uni I'm sure it wouldn't be any different tbh.. only when you learn the language as a language would you never have to think of things like if the subjunctive 'sounds' or if the opening phrase of that paragraph is 'showy' enough 😂

I remember I wanted to just writr

Bien que je pense...

But then I had to be like,

Je pense que c'est un... Bien que ce soit...

To get it in :colonhash:
I'm such a noob lol

1435090748232.jpg

You learnt all of that from one app? I'm getting that app today, sweet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending