The Student Room Group

AEA Prep Thread - 25th June 2015 (Edexcel)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by physicsmaths
You should as teachers had access to my mark on gcse maths at the end of AS levels as that also isnt on the results sheet. They went on results plus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, that's confusing because this exams officer has been in the business for years. It beggars belief that they had no idea about this resultsplus thing.

Do you remember what mark your friend got (even roughly) by any chance? I'm still a bit dubious about the exams officer not knowing about resultsplus. As I recall I kept nagging them for my mark for about a week and they kept saying they'll check again, and each time they weren't able to find anything.
Original post by PotterPhysics
Thanks, that's confusing because this exams officer has been in the business for years. It beggars belief that they had no idea about this resultsplus thing.

Do you remember what mark your friend got (even roughly) by any chance? I'm still a bit dubious about the exams officer not knowing about resultsplus. As I recall I kept nagging them for my mark for about a week and they kept saying they'll check again, and each time they weren't able to find anything.

He got one off distinction I think. Also do you remember what formulae you get? Do you get the pink edexcel book?

Posted from TSR Mobile
He got one off distinction I think. Also do you remember what formulae you get? Do you get the pink edexcel book?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a lot. I'm really sorry I don't remember the formulae at all but I think it was pink yes (note: this was my only exam with edexcel)
Original post by PotterPhysics
Thanks a lot. I'm really sorry I don't remember the formulae at all but I think it was pink yes (note: this was my only exam with edexcel)

Ah fair enough that's the standard edexcel booklet. Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah fair enough that's the standard edexcel booklet. Cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Np. AEA should be a doddle for you, good luck mate
Screen Shot 2015-06-23 at 20.30.23.png HI can someone please help me with the last part of this question. Thanks
The RHS is a geometric series ; the LHS an arithmetic if that helps
Reply 147
Ca anyone, kindly post any of those weird geometry and integration problems they normally have
Original post by 11234
Ca anyone, kindly post any of those weird geometry and integration problems they normally have

Ending's kinda important since they usually make you do stuff like that for trig problems.
Reply 149
are we the last year to do this
Reply 150
Original post by 11234
are we the last year to do this

I was thinking myself the very same question ...
I will miss AEA when it is gone
Reply 151
Original post by TeeEm

sorry to bother you Mr teem, but could you compile some of your hardest problems
Reply 152
Original post by 11234
sorry to bother you Mr teem, but could you compile some of your hardest problems

I will start writing some hard papers (IYGB, Special papers) in around 2 weeks time. I hope to produce them at the rate of 1 paper per week.

http://madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_practice_papers_sp_practice_papers.html
Reply 153
What's a convex and concave curve
Original post by mmms95
for asymptotes do you always equate the denominator to zero?

also, i think i need to brush up on my a level knowledge, seem to forgotten a few things, does anyone knw where i can find notes (summarised)?

also the "7 marks" for presenation or whether is it just for explaining your working step by step and writing nicely ? :P

Read up on oblique asymtotes aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
could anyone please explain how to do q4 on the 2014 paper please?

nm. found an explanation on page 2 :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TeeEm

AEA is in Edexcel's provisional timetable for 2016.
Reply 157
Original post by ludmila
AEA is in Edexcel's provisional timetable for 2016.

well another year then
Original post by TeeEm
x

What I dont really understand is why people think AEA is significantly easier than STEP. I honestly think if you gave me any STEP 1 paper I am 100% sure I would get a high 2 and really I should get a 1 (would be disappointing if I didnt), whilst if you gave me an AEA paper I would be getting a low merit each time, no way is a 2 equivalent to a Distinction in AEA, a 2 is much easier. I guess they are both different styles of mathematics but still.
Taking this for fun so no pressure! :tongue: Anyone know how exactly style, clarity and presentation marks are awarded?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending