The Student Room Group

Asurat's road to 4 As at AS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asurat
I just did my ACTUAL C1 EXAM PAPER and I finished in 60 minutes and left out two questions, sat down hyperventilating watching my future dissolve and then... I got the right solutions after I regained my composure.

I didn't get to check my algebra, so the max mark I can get is 74/75 as I didn't simplify root 2*root 5. I reckon that I got an A aside from the hiccup, hopefully 100 UMS
:smile:

If you got 74/75 that won't be 100 ums sorry, only fill marks is 100

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 121
Original post by Devran22
If you got 74/75 that won't be 100 ums sorry, only fill marks is 100

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed though, the lowest boundary ever was 55 so hoping TSR's year 12s are a representative sample of the entire country :wink:
Original post by Asurat
Fingers crossed though, the lowest boundary ever was 55 so hoping TSR's year 12s are a representative sample of the entire country :wink:

Good luck man, and honestly don't worry about it now, move onto the next exam. C2 next week right for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Good luck man, and honestly don't worry about it now, move onto the next exam. C2 next week right for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it is, and I'm not worrying I'm really pleased with how I did! I sort of give off the impression that I'm a total perfectionist on this blog but I'm happy not making a lot of mistakes :smile:
When do your exams start, June?
Original post by Asurat
Yeah it is, and I'm not worrying I'm really pleased with how I did! I sort of give off the impression that I'm a total perfectionist on this blog but I'm happy not making a lot of mistakes :smile:
When do your exams start, June?

Yer as I'm not retaking anything, June 9 to 19 for me! Good luck for the rest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 125
Yer as I'm not retaking anything, June 9 to 19 for me! Good luck for the rest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, good luck to you too!
Reply 126
I got dunked on by FP1. I think I got more than 60/75 and at most 68/75, probably 65/75 looking at Arsey's model answers.
Reply 127
Looking at an unofficial mark scheme my mechanics went okay?? I don't seem to remember getting much different to what the other user posted, but I did drop a 1 marker and a 2 marker almost for sure, and probably marks for significant figures in places?
Reply 128
The C2 exam was **** and I did **** because I didn't prepare enough. the 2014 paper made this one look like AS level got a foundation tier and I messed up, but that's entirely my fault, the only way from here is forward. I probably got somewhere around 65 but every single mark in the paper was a gimme.
Reply 129
Made mistakes on chemistry but it was okay because a lot of the questions are generic. I'd say first half of exams would have went a lot better if I revised more for C2 and didn't quake in FP1 (by deciding to take 5 minutes out of the exam to write name and candidate number on additional paper), I think I did okay and I hope I'm not being too optimistic.

Anyway I'm going to make sure that I do at least a school day for the next 9 days and really give it my best after half-term!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 130
I think I survived the week after half term sort of, my A levels are up in the air but I know that I got at least half marks on all of my papers.
During half term I did do pretty well for the first few days and then sort of crashed and then picked it up again later. I think I managed to get away with G482 and stats having only done 2 past papers for each (half of which with the mark scheme), I can't make any accurate comments about my grades for either but I think most of my theory in G482 was correct, I don't know about the calcs as I can't remember any to compare against others.
Anyway it's gonna be bants when I post my results and see how much worse I actually do but idm.
(edited 8 years ago)
I had this goal until I sat my exams :frown:
Reply 132
Original post by Lularose83
I had this goal until I sat my exams :frown:

I think I'd have to get pretty lucky to get 4As, I've done physics and chemistry and that can go either way depending on the boundaries. I'll just have to see how it goes, how've you found it??
Original post by Asurat
I think I'd have to get pretty lucky to get 4As, I've done physics and chemistry and that can go either way depending on the boundaries. I'll just have to see how it goes, how've you found it??

Yes! At this minute I can't see it happening, none of the exams went awful, but history is really unpredictable and I think I wrote a bunch of waffle :frown: chemistry and biology were ok, but I've avoided the unofficial markschemes so far!
Reply 134
I'm finally done.
Original post by Asurat
I'm finally done.

You've come a long way since January

CONGRATS!
Reply 136
Original post by Mathsqueen
You've come a long way since January

CONGRATS!

Thanks! I can finally do nothing without feeling guilty :biggrin:

We'll see how far I've come (or haven't) on results day, thanks for reading my blog :smile:
Reply 137
Your boy got AAAB at AS!!! (Considering maths and further maths as individual AS levels and not part of the A2, of course). The B was AS physics, I dropped 2 UMS and am gonna try get a remark but I digress. Verification soon come :biggrin:
Original post by Asurat
Your boy got AAAB at AS!!! (Considering maths and further maths as individual AS levels and not part of the A2, of course). The B was AS physics, I dropped 2 UMS and am gonna try get a remark but I digress. Verification soon come :biggrin:

Well done that's amazing!!! Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 139
Well done that's amazing!!! Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks!! Now ai can chill :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending