The Student Room Group

London Academy of Excellence 2015 Applicants.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by irfan_blue
Nah I had a good perception of LAE. It's just that it's new and it's a free school and it ain't particularly established. Where you going anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's between staying at my current school or moving to either Seven Kings or Beal. I know, sounds stupid to leave a grammar school but you'd understand if you knew the reasons. I've also applied for KEGS but I wont be going there, too far & too much effort~
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Deal with it
Well it's between staying at Woodford or moving to either Seven Kings or Beal. I know, sounds stupid to leave a grammar school but you'd understand if you knew the reasons. I've also applied for KEGS but I wont be going there, too far & too much effort~

Yeah
I got into Woodford too but I heard it wasn't very good
I recommend you move
What other options do you have?

Edit: I thougt you were boy lool!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah
I got into Woodford too but I heard it wasn't very good
I recommend you move
What other options do you have?

Edit: I thougt you were boy lool!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha no im a girl:colondollar:
Seven Kings and Beal are really my best choices - where are you going?
Reply 103
Original post by irfan_blue
Lolol no I know what you mean but i just mean a place to hang out? Like you still want space with your friends it sounds inconvenient! Besides think I'm going Seven Kings anyway it's much more established than LAE is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well we have an Agora where we mostly chill and relax at break and lunch. And trust me it is quite fun because the year 12s mix with year 13s etc .. also a TV there so when football highlights come up.. you know wht that means :biggrin:
Reply 104
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Would you recommend it? Do you feel many are 'snobbish' there? When does a typicals school day start and finish?

Tbh I would recommend it but its upto you, you cannot be forced. Nope, there is no one snobby and no fights etc considering we are in Newham... everyone gets along very well.. and year 12s and 13s mix freely

typical day starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:20 but a lot of people say till around 4:30 or even 6:00 to work and get extra help from the teachers.
Original post by Bloom77
Yeah
A lot of my friends either said: it's really good because it's very focused and they have smaller classrooms but most of them left the school because they prepare you up for the hardest exam boards for every subject (I'm not sure if they're still doing this) and also, the environment is friendly (so I've heard)
I can't really judge simply because I haven't experienced any of this, but this is what I got from it.
If you do want to study at a 'good' sixth form in newham, this is probably a better choice than seven kings, Newvic and chobham.

I don't think it's snobbish but the teachers are coz most are from Oxford and Cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hardest exam board? Ooh. Thanks a lot for the info :biggrin: and good luck in your own exams! :smile: :wink:
Original post by Altab
Tbh I would recommend it but its upto you, you cannot be forced. Nope, there is no one snobby and no fights etc considering we are in Newham... everyone gets along very well.. and year 12s and 13s mix freely

typical day starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:20 but a lot of people say till around 4:30 or even 6:00 to work and get extra help from the teachers.

Thanks! Hope you do well in your exams :smile: How is Maths taught there?
Reply 107
Thanks! Hope you do well in your exams :smile: How is Maths taught there?

Thank you! and good luck to you too!

Maths is the largest department at LAE with over 6 teachers. I think it is really good and one of the best. When I said I stay late at LAE after school, I am mostly in the maths department doing past papers :P They are very friendly and supportive!
Original post by Altab
Thank you! and good luck to you too!

Maths is the largest department at LAE with over 6 teachers. I think it is really good and one of the best. When I said I stay late at LAE after school, I am mostly in the maths department doing past papers :P They are very friendly and supportive!

That's great to hear considering I'll be doing Double Maths :biggrin:
Reply 109
That's great to hear considering I'll be doing Double Maths :biggrin:

Good luck!
What would you say is the worst thing about LAE?
Original post by Altab
Good luck!
Reply 111
Original post by multieman
What would you say is the worst thing about LAE?

The worst thing probably are:

No study leave during exams for year 12s - but most just dont come in anyway
Compulsory lectures on Thursdays - Most of the time ( mostly HSBC lectures)
Original post by Altab
The worst thing probably are:

No study leave during exams for year 12s - but most just dont come in anyway
Compulsory lectures on Thursdays - Most of the time ( mostly HSBC lectures)

Are most people in LAE from around east london. I'm from the north and it would take me quite a while to get there.
Reply 113
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Are most people in LAE from around east london. I'm from the north and it would take me quite a while to get there.

Most are - some from Newham, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge etc but some do come from further places
Has anyone went to the taster day yet for LAE?
Original post by Planet55
Has anyone went to the taster day yet for LAE?

Yeah, did you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im quite impressed by LAE. On tuesdays is it compulsory sport or can we do the other extra curricular? Im quite confused on that point. And I hope theyre not bringing in a PE kit -_- but rowing will be interesting
Original post by whaaaaat
Im quite impressed by LAE. On tuesdays is it compulsory sport or can we do the other extra curricular? Im quite confused on that point. And I hope theyre not bringing in a PE kit -_- but rowing will be interesting

I'm impressed too! But I have seven kings induction for the next 3 days so I still have to decide. And yes I hope so too with p.e. kit! What day did you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I went on Wednesday I also had seven kings but I forgot yesterday so I figured I wouldnt go today... :/ oops
Original post by whaaaaat
I went on Wednesday I also had seven kings but I forgot yesterday so I figured I wouldnt go today... :/ oops

Seven Kings was amazinggg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending