The Student Room Group

AEA Prep Thread - 25th June 2015 (Edexcel)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gome44
Lol are you working in a cave or something :tongue:

Lel. No clue why the flash ****ed up the brightness; it's still pretty bright out. Pic is without the flash... Isn't really working as it should tbh

IMG_20150624_202824901[1].jpg
Reply 261
Original post by fatart123
Yeah. What I wrote was a bit rough (not in as much detail as I'd do in exam) but the question was fine. Do you have any more of these graph ones? Kinda fun

I posted some modulus sketch,,,,

I have curve sketching file.

This has no graph but it is about constants (calculator is needed)
Original post by TeeEm
I posted some modulus sketch,,,,

I have curve sketching file.

This has no graph but it is about constants (calculator is needed)

Needed a calc for the first, yeah. Second one I started to need one but instead just factorised f(b) - f(a), which was a lot easier.
Reply 263
Needed a calc for the first, yeah. Second one I started to need one but instead just factorised f(b) - f(a), which was a lot easier.

second one does not need calculator
Original post by TeeEm
second one does not need calculator

Yeah, realised.
Original post by 11234
How did you do it. Any tips and where should I do further reading at
f

I used the CGP OCR MEI book for C3+C4 and the OCR MEI books for all other modules. STEP I preparation helped when I (I did STEP I last year) as did the olympiad training I did over time (e.g. art of problem solving books).
Lel. No clue why the flash ****ed up the brightness; it's still pretty bright out. Pic is without the flash... Isn't really working as it should tbh

IMG_20150624_202824901[1].jpg

Lucozade do cans?????

I don't go out enough :tongue:
Original post by Gome44
Lucozade do cans?????

I don't go out enough :tongue:

Heh. Bought a few dozen from Costco, probably do them in normal shops tho
Original post by TeeEm
I did not want to say ...
I copied the file
Pasted the picture into powerpoint...
Increased the brightness and the contrast so I could read it ...

Surely you should be used to the dark as I see posts from you at like 1:00 in the morning :tongue:
Original post by physicsmaths
well done!An excellent score nonetheless! Have you checked the MS ? You can probably remember where you might have gone wrong? I am hoping for a score of 80+ aswell. Which is hopefully a distiction unless the paper is like a C4 paper hehe. Your not taking it again are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup I checked the MS, still can't see where I went wrong. I answered all the questions and my proofs were fairly legible. (edit: just some crossing outs, the usual stuff) No parts were left out. I think it must've been a couple of hidden silly mistakes such as computation errors or misreading part of a question. 80+ would definitely be distinction. Yeah no point taking it again + finished exams last week. :-]
Heh. Bought a few dozen from Costco, probably do them in normal shops tho

Have you ever had those maple twist things from Costco? They are the bomb :smile:
Reply 271
Original post by Gome44
Surely you should be used to the dark as I see posts from you at like 1:00 in the morning :tongue:

I have not inherited my cats' night vision unfortunately
Original post by Gome44
Have you ever had those maple twist things from Costco? They are the bomb :smile:

Nope, I'll have to check them out next time I'm there lol. Usually walk out with this:

best.jpg
Original post by TeeEm
I have not inherited my cats' night vision unfortunately

Mate, upgrade your calc to a casio fx-991es plus. Also, what do you feed your cats, they look drunk :smile:
Nope, I'll have to check them out next time I'm there lol. Usually walk out with this:

best.jpg

The coffee one makes me cringe every time .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gome44

They be in my kitchen atm.
Original post by physicsmaths
The coffee one makes me cringe every time .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Liquorice, coconut, chocolate... All the black and white ones are pretty disgusting. Sizzling Cinnamon >> everything else btw
Original post by Jai Sandhu
They be in my kitchen atm.

They don't make it to my kitchen, normally eat them in the car on the way back home :tongue:
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1435177669.804217.jpg
Were is my rogue minus sign? Been doing this for 30 minutes and can't see where.m Y minus sign is missing. 2014 Q7.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gome44
They don't make it to my kitchen, normally eat them in the car on the way back home :tongue:

Rofl, my sisters tend to devour them very quickly, I get like 1/2 max if a box is brought over.

This is so on topic, its like the amount of revision ive done for this exam...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending