The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Scenes when fans think a Frenchman who's been at the club for 5 years is a real gooner
Original post by difeo
#Scenes when United sign Ramos and Real sign Koscielny to replace him

Scenes when Ramos signs a new contract after every other decent defender has moved clubs. I ****ing hate Edwards hard on for "marquee signings" Otamendi should have been done a month ago ffs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So Ramos has a buyout clause of 200mil yet they've offered us 20mil for kosc if reports are believed. Does that mean they think ramos is 10 times the player kosc is? They can **** right off but if they want him realistically they'll get him :frown:
Original post by leinad2012
So Ramos has a buyout clause of 200mil yet they've offered us 20mil for kosc if reports are believed. Does that mean they think ramos is 10 times the player kosc is? They can **** right off but if they want him realistically they'll get him :frown:

Should value kosc at 50m
Original post by shawn_o1
Should value kosc at 50m

No we should simply just not sell, be has 2 years on his contact left and we don't need the money
20mil? what do RM plan to do with Kosc's shinpads?
Reply 2546
Think its bull**** tbh. Don't even see Madrid selling Ramos to United.
I don't understand the stick that Ospina is getting here. For his very few mistakes does anyone remember the amount of mistakes szcz made this season? Southampton anyone?

Guaranteed if we played with szc in goal we would have finished 4th. The stats back Ospina up too and so does our position. It's no wonder that the team and defence felt more comfortable with Ospina in goal. The guy is **** according to you lot but it's funny that he's still 10x the keeper than the shower of **** saint szcz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786
I don't understand the stick that Ospina is getting here.

Where?
Original post by e aí rapaz
Where?

Go back some pages. Everyone here was slating Ospina as if he didnt solve a crisis at the back for us.
Szczesny is just Wenger's love child and still very young so Ospina gets the boot.

I would not be surprised to see Szczesny pushing for a move next summer when he's not getting any game time.
Original post by SA-1
Think its bull**** tbh. Don't even see Madrid selling Ramos to United.

Go back some pages. Everyone here was slating Ospina as if he didnt solve a crisis at the back for us.

Not everyone, I still rate Ospina as mentioned pages back.

I went back the last 5 pages. Literally nobody slated him.
lol Arsenal refusing to print Ospina and Podolski names on the back of shirts, those two are gone.
Original post by angelfox
lol Arsenal refusing to print Ospina and Podolski names on the back of shirts, those two are gone.

Probably just someone in the clubshop putting 2+2 together and trying to help people avoid disappointment if one of them is sold. Quite clear that Ospina is off anyway.

Bad enough to get a replica shirt to begin with, but to buy a goalkeepers shirt and to get Ospina printed on the back is hinting heavily of some kind of autism tbh
lol generally at the grown men buying these replica shirts though tbh, it's such a ridiculous phenomenon.
Original post by Zerforax
Szczesny is just Wenger's love child and still very young so Ospina gets the boot.

I would not be surprised to see Szczesny pushing for a move next summer when he's not getting any game time.

I'd like to hang onto him for a while yet. Guy has the talent to succeed Cech if he learnt professionalism.

Then again it's perfectly doable for Cech to still be at Arsenal in 5 seasons time so might be the beginning of the end for Szcz. Only got himself to blame if so, had 3 clear seasons at the no.1 spot and actually regressed.

Having said that, Szcz seems like the kind of wasteman who could amuse himself around the squad for the next half decade taking selfies and just enjoying being at a big club so he might just make a career as a back up at AFC
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I'd like to hang onto him for a while yet. Guy has the talent to succeed Cech if he learnt professionalism.

Then again it's perfectly doable for Cech to still be at Arsenal in 5 seasons time so might be the beginning of the end for Szcz. Only got himself to blame if so, had 3 clear seasons at the no.1 spot and actually regressed.

Having said that, Szcz seems like the kind of wasteman who could amuse himself around the squad for the next half decade taking selfies and just enjoying being at a big club so he might just make a career as a back up at AFC

I think once you have a taste for first team football as a GK, it's hard to step away from it? Not like you get any sort of rotation. Though I imagine Wenger will give him domestic cup games
Original post by Zerforax
I think once you have a taste for first team football as a GK, it's hard to step away from it? Not like you get any sort of rotation. Though I imagine Wenger will give him domestic cup games

I'm not sure if Wenger will continue with that. Only started when Fabianski/Szczesny were very close in terms of quality but generally when the no.1 is very far ahead he sticks with him in all games. Lehmann for instance played every game basically. But given Szcz has been around for a while he might get cup games still I guess.

It's a bit of a nonsense policy in truth to leave Cech on the bench for say a Cup final vs City/Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool to play a significantly weaker Szczesny. If he was to have a nightmare then people would be right to be furious imo.

Szczesny can have League Cup games tbh :laugh:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest