The Student Room Group

How to stop everything falling off my shoulder

Hello!

This is a bit of an odd question but it's a bit irritating really. ALL my clothes seem to fall off on my left shoulder, which makes it really wonky. When I'm wearing cardigans especially the cardigan falls off my arm

Probably best to show in this (Very corny, sorry) pic - this happens with ALL my cardigans. I try and roll them up to my elbow but it still falls off my shoulder!

10341550_257902981059940_7304827936599547173_n.jpg

I would ask if I were buying the wrong size but when I button the cardigans up they fit fine although I keep noticing so many of my clothes are falling off my shoulder.

Could it be something to do with my posture?! Or my height? (5"3)

Any suggestions very welcome!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get them fitted? Or maybe use fashionable clips to hold them up? Sorry cant think of any more other than that :smile:
Sellotape and glue :smile:
Small frame usually. I have this problem too because I have very narrow shoulders
You can use pins to manage them. :smile: its the best option i guess.
Reply 5
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Small frame usually. I have this problem too because I have very narrow shoulders

This. My mum and I both have the same problem due to our narrow shoulders. I can't suggest a solution though sorry OP :frown:
Reply 6
Ask a tailors for their professoal suggestion will be a good choice,they have solved similar promble for me ,though i also can;t konw how
Reply 7
Original post by TheAdventuresOf?
Sellotape and glue :smile:

Haha useful :dry:
Reply 8
Original post by gemmam
This. My mum and I both have the same problem due to our narrow shoulders. I can't suggest a solution though sorry OP :frown:

Thanks! (sorry for late reply). I don't think I'm the same though as I'm pretty broad and not thin. I still have this problem, it's SO annoying!
Original post by SiaSiaSia
Hello!

This is a bit of an odd question but it's a bit irritating really. ALL my clothes seem to fall off on my left shoulder, which makes it really wonky. When I'm wearing cardigans especially the cardigan falls off my arm

Probably best to show in this (Very corny, sorry) pic - this happens with ALL my cardigans. I try and roll them up to my elbow but it still falls off my shoulder!

10341550_257902981059940_7304827936599547173_n.jpg

I would ask if I were buying the wrong size but when I button the cardigans up they fit fine although I keep noticing so many of my clothes are falling off my shoulder.

Could it be something to do with my posture?! Or my height? (5"3)

Any suggestions very welcome!

yea your shoulders are looking a bit round and not very broad. you could do some lifting and posture exercises for some differences, albeit minor. or you can get them tailored to you specifically which could take time and money so you're probably just gonna have to do an extra bit of shopping but I got broad dude shoulders so actually why am I even in here omg.
(sorry for late reply)

lol
Reply 11
Original post by Man.bear.pig
yea your shoulders are looking a bit round and not very broad. you could do some lifting and posture exercises for some differences, albeit minor. or you can get them tailored to you specifically which could take time and money so you're probably just gonna have to do an extra bit of shopping but I got broad dude shoulders so actually why am I even in here omg.

I don't know what possessed me to put a photo on a public forum, I was obviously feeling very stressed about it a year ago, ahhaha! Hmm, maybe I should when I'm out of insanely crippling student debt :cry:
Reply 12
Original post by + polarity -
lol

Shut it you, this is my yearly log in!
I don't know what possessed me to put a photo on a public forum, I was obviously feeling very stressed about it a year ago, ahhaha! Hmm, maybe I should when I'm out of insanely crippling student debt :cry:

oh a yr ago.
oh ****.

:getmecoat:
Reply 14
Original post by Man.bear.pig
oh a yr ago.
oh ****.

:getmecoat:

It's still a valid problem that I struggle with!
It's still a valid problem that I struggle with!

Oh alright, so get to Mr. Singh then. There's gotta be a tailor nearby you called Mr. Singh :holmes: lol
Perhaps work on developing your posture if you have rounded shoulders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by myblueheaven339
Perhaps work on developing your posture if you have rounded shoulders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ok? But they fall down on that one shoulder no matter how I stand?
Sew in silicone straps from bras allong shoulder seams.
Ah now that is a good idea! I too have the same problem and it drives me insane. I will try this silicone idea and let you know!

Quick Reply

Latest