Is this classed as cheating? Watch

Ahmed2012
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Our teacher told us we could print off past exam papers & mark schemes. I printed off all past papers. Now, on Tuesday we had a science exam and it was one of the past papers I had revised. I knew all the answers and therefore flew through it. I got an A* but my teacher assumes I had cheated. Have I or not? My teacher said we could.
Novascope
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How can you be given a past paper for an actual exam? The exams change each year so it's not possible to be given a past paper in the real exam, which is why most teachers say it's fine to revise from past papers...
Ed's Balls
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The only one at fault is the teacher for being silly enough to issue a past paper that they said you could use.
Naomi 2709
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ahmed2012)
Our teacher told us we could print off past exam papers & mark schemes. I printed off all past papers. Now, on Tuesday we had a science exam and it was one of the past papers I had revised. I knew all the answers and therefore flew through it. I got an A* but my teacher assumes I had cheated. Have I or not? My teacher said we could.
No you haven't cheated as past papers and mark schemes are made to be used as a revision resource. It's the teachers fault for choosing a past paper for an exam
Ahmed2012
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Aha, I'm sorry. I should've explained better. I'm in Year 9 and this was like a end of year exams.
Blackstarr
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
At my school, we don't do mock exams based on the recent past papers so, those taking mock exams would not be doing the 2014/15 paper for any subject.

I can relate though as a similar thing happened to me but with German because in year 10 we did a mock and in year 11 we had the same mock and I just seemed to know the answers from remembering them previously.

Since you have said that your teacher allowed you to print all of the past papers? you should not be at fault unless you deliberately looked at the mar scheme beforehand?
HuggleyDuck
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, that's not cheating, though you should explain the situation to your teacher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (42)
13.73%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (26)
8.5%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (61)
19.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (44)
14.38%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (36)
11.76%
How can I be the best version of myself? (97)
31.7%

Watched Threads