The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Cambridge needs to receive the top papers from each centre by this Thursday I think.

But results and grade boundaries will be published 29th!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by palp
do you think 51 is enough for roenteginuium in the past it has been but i fear this paper was much easier than previous years; very little maths :frown:

Yes, very much so. Maths makes it easier for people good at maths, of which there are probably more compared to those good at chemistry.
Original post by Renzhi10122
Yes, very much so. Maths makes it easier for people good at maths, of which there are probably more compared to those good at chemistry.

Exactly ! so many people are good at maths!

what do you think the boundary will be for bronze?
Reply 3683
Original post by SubwayLover1

10ish 12 would be a safe bronze

No idea, have you got your score back?
My paper (35) has been sent off to Cambridge, is it possible that it could go down at all? Also, what do you guys think the gold boundary will be?
Original post by Whizbox
My paper (35) has been sent off to Cambridge, is it possible that it could go down at all? Also, what do you guys think the gold boundary will be?

That's very likely to be a gold. It won't go down if your teachers have marked it properly.
That's very likely to be a gold. It won't go down if your teachers have marked it properly.

I hope he has then, just sceptical because whilst I'm good at chemistry I'm not that good and after that paper I'm surprised that I got 35, which was second in my school out of 13. Let's hope it stays as is
Original post by Whizbox
I hope he has then, just sceptical because whilst I'm good at chemistry I'm not that good and after that paper I'm surprised that I got 35, which was second in my school out of 13. Let's hope it stays as is

Or maybe your mark will move up... who knows :smile:
Original post by Ambre
oh come on, that's obviously a gold. Just look at the boundaries for past papers, the highest one for gold was 31-ish. :wink:

It's a silver in 2011, I didn't do any past papers for this, anyone know if this paper was harder than usual or easier or whatever?
Original post by Whizbox
It's a silver in 2011, I didn't do any past papers for this, anyone know if this paper was harder than usual or easier or whatever?

in 2011, it was out of more marks i think.
Reply 3691
Original post by Whizbox

that was before a lot of schools entered so colleges only entered there best students, getting gold is easier now.
Very happy with my mark, 32, only expected about ten based in previous papers, do you think 32 would be a gold????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bitofageek
Very happy with my mark, 32, only expected about ten based in previous papers, do you think 32 would be a gold????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boundaries are out, and unfortunately no :frown: But pray for an extra mark after moderation.
What are the boundaries ?:0
What are the boundaries ?:0

Rg-46
Au-33
Ag-26
Cu-17
Boundaries are out, and unfortunately no :frown: But pray for an extra mark after moderation.

SO ANNOYED!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gold!
Always believe in your soul...
Got the Roentgenium Award! though I'm unable to go to the camp, as I booked a holiday as I really didn't expect this, would it be seen as disrespectful to turn down the invitation?

Quick Reply

Latest