The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
The Vidal rumour is odd tbh. Ramsey/Wilshere both play B2B so why would be go for a 3rd?

Schneiderlin at £150k is a joke as well, would need to be getting Javi Martinez for that kind of dough

That could be the disagreement between Arsenal and Schneiderlin's reps Philippe Auclair was talking about

https://twitter.com/PhilippeAuclair/status/614454474292207617
Lol @ 150k when matic is on 100k. No point entering into a bidding war with united tbh. They'd blow us out of the water and there's no reason for him to choose us over them.
Original post by swirly
x

Original post by leinad2012
x

Think we might be able to snatch Lars tbh, Sven is just as unlikely as usual. Vidal is pretty versatile regardless, has played all across the midfield, he played DM for most of his Leverkusen season too I think, don't think we'll go for him and he wont leave tbh. Kramer, Krychchowiak and Carvalho off the top of my head.

We only need someone around Coqs level imo, assuming he keeps up the form of last season, his defensive qualities are pretty much perfect, we just need to make sure he's fit for our big games in reality.
Original post by atom y humber
Lol @ 150k when matic is on 100k. No point entering into a bidding war with united tbh. They'd blow us out of the water and there's no reason for him to choose us over them.

The fact that you're better currently and all your French players, and working with the goat French manager?
£150k isn't a lot for a player who will improve the team instantly, is classed as HG and who could potentially have 8 years in our first team. I highly doubt that'll be his actual wage anyway, has it been reported by anywhere credible or is just Twitter BS? Probably the same idiots who claimed Shaw was on £130k when he's on half that.
Original post by sr90
£150k isn't a lot for a player who will improve the team instantly, is classed as HG and who could potentially have 8 years in our first team. I highly doubt that'll be his actual wage anyway, has it been reported by anywhere credible or is just Twitter BS? Probably the same idiots who claimed Shaw was on £130k when he's on half that.

Arsenal have absolutely no worries wrt HG players, most of our squad qualifies.

It's almost as if Wenger saw this coming and planned ahead.
Assuming you lot have seen this before?

Bloody brilliant :lol:

https://twitter.com/mitch5clarke/status/615123965942571008

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Think we might be able to snatch Lars tbh, Sven is just as unlikely as usual. Vidal is pretty versatile regardless, has played all across the midfield, he played DM for most of his Leverkusen season too I think, don't think we'll go for him and he wont leave tbh. Kramer, Krychchowiak and Carvalho off the top of my head.

We only need someone around Coqs level imo, assuming he keeps up the form of last season, his defensive qualities are pretty much perfect, we just need to make sure he's fit for our big games in reality.

Neither of the Bender brothers will join, it simply won't happen. As for Vidal, he isn't really a complete DM, although neither is Sneiderlain really.

Carvalho is talked about a lot but it seems like one of those which will be talked about every window and never happen. Kramer and Krychchowiak I can't say I've heard much about so can't really comment.

Have to say I think Sneiderlain would have been the best option, but he's more likely to get playing time at United than Arsenal tbh, can't see him starting over Coq as a complete DM and would face stiff competition from Wilshere Rambo and Cazorla for the DLP role tbh
Schneiderlin is the only option really, I'll be very disappointed if we don't get him which is looking likely. He'd displace Coq easily from the DM position. He's technical ability is far greater than Coq, MS can add that range of passing Coq lacks plus MS has a consistent defensive track record along with more experience of English football and the Premier league.

I don't see the need for Vidal massive waste of money imo
Original post by Zürich
Arsenal have absolutely no worries wrt HG players, most of our squad qualifies.

It's almost as if Wenger saw this coming and planned ahead.

We have no worries either but it's a bonus when HG players are actual starting XI quality and not just squad fillers. Arsenal have what... 2 or 3 in their best XI? (Ramsey, Coquelin and possibly Walcott). Whereas we have Smalling, Shaw, Carrick, Rooney and Morgan if he joins.
Original post by swirly
http://i.imgur.com/3jV9pGM.gifv

Oxlade Chamberlain career highlights FULL

Just need him to replicate that form and he'll turn into an amazing player. Problem is he's English and I don't see his intelligence in games improving

Original post by leinad2012
Really? Who else is available bar Vidal?

Wish Cech would just be confirmed, he should be a top top signing, but people are going to expect A LOT from him, a couple of bad performances or no highlight reel saves in his first 10 games and I could see a lot our ****tier fans/ twitter mob turning on him quickly :redface:

It's the weekend, I'd give it a few days and it should be announced sooner or later
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AR_95

It's the weekend, I'd give it a few days and it should be announced sooner or later

rumours are that both our club photographers are at glastonbury so they have no one to take his welcoming pics :rofl: only at arsenal.
Swear Arsenal are a bit weird with the palava we make with transfers, official hashtags and all that *******s.

Just thrown the **** a jersey and put some kodak of him shaking hands with Wenger up and that's fine.

Cech has signed anyway so no big deal. Really hope we dont have some cringe interview where we start trying to put words in his mouth about why he joined though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hayles101
Assuming you lot have seen this before?

Bloody brilliant :lol:

https://twitter.com/mitch5clarke/status/615123965942571008

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is absolutely brilliant.
I hear Ibrahimovich wants to play in England before he retires. What do you guys think? I still think he's levels above Giroud and would improve us immensely. The type of player to take the game by the scruff of its neck and win us games by himself. We would win the league IMO if we sign him.
Who is better ? Ozil or Iniesta? I'm asking because alot of arsenal fans keep saying Ozil is better and I'm trying to work out if they're trolling or just delusional.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Numan786
I hear Ibrahimovich wants to play in England before he retires. What do you guys think? I still think he's levels above Giroud and would improve us immensely. The type of player to take the game by the scruff of its neck and win us games by himself. We would win the league IMO if we sign him.

Where have you heard that? Zlatan hates England and he's admitted numerous times he won't play in the Premier League.

I'd love to see him here but I just can't see it happening.
Original post by Numan786
Whos is better ? Ozil or Iniesta? I'm asking because alot of arsenal fans keep saying Ozil is better and I'm trying to work out if they're trolling or just delusional.

Iniesta, they're delusional
Original post by AR_95
Just need him to replicate that form and he'll turn into an amazing player. Problem is he's English and I don't see his intelligence in games improving

strong racism
Original post by sr90
Where have you heard that? Zlatan hates England and he's admitted numerous times he won't play in the Premier League.

I'd love to see him here but I just can't see it happening.

I read rumours on the papers eg Guardian and Independent. I was a bit cynical because of his history with AW. I heard he has alot of respect and like for Arsenal though mind.

Latest