The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah it is, but I'm the same height as you and I don't really care about my height - just find a girl that's short than you
Reply 21
Ouch, I'm about 5'4 or 5'5.
Original post by henchboy
I'm 5'6.5 but around 5'7-5'8 with shoes on, yeah its short in general but height isnt that big of a deal unless you're like 5'3 and under.

I've never had any problems in real life due to my height. face, body and confidence play a much bigger role in pulling girls imo.

Is that what you're compensating for with the bicep pic, eh?
Reply 23
I'm 5ft5 and it is short. The upside is, in the land outside the internet, it's just a mild inconvenience.
It isn't really short, I know quite a few boys and men who are shorter.
Reply 25
Original post by TheKian
Ouch, I'm about 5'4 or 5'5.

how does that work out for you? I mean do people treat you different
I get dismissed as a kid most of the time :colonhash:
Original post by Chiefe
maybe I got a little growing to do since I'm 18 but is 5'6'' short for a guy (in general)?

thanks.

Well I hate to get you down but yeah. I'm 6ft 3 and a year younger :frown:
Original post by callum_law
Is that what you're compensating for with the bicep pic, eh?

Lmao no, I've really never been insecure about my height tbh and I'm generally a self concious person not gonna lie.

I use to be pretty overweight but since I've improved my appearance I get much more attention from girls and more respect from people in general.
Reply 28
Original post by cbreef
Well I hate to get you down but yeah. I'm 6ft 3 and a year younger :frown:

even a German shepherd puppy is taller than me :frown:
Being shorter has its advantages too. You're faster and more agile than a taller guy. Its not like youre 5ft dead, youre a bit taller than your average girl so if its appearance youre worried about. its not too bad.
Original post by cbreef
Being shorter has its advantages too. You're faster and more agile than a taller guy. Its not like youre 5ft dead, youre a bit taller than your average girl so if its appearance youre worried about. its not too bad.

Its really no big deal, variation is good, would be **** if everyone was the same height
That doesn't seem "really short" - how many standard deviations below the UK male average is it? I can only find a median (5'9")
I think it's fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbreef

An average 5 ft 6 guy is not faster than an average 6 ft guy. Faster acceleration maybe, but not top speed.

Thinking of the positives, I guess you're less likely to suffer from joint problems as you get older :P. And don't have to spend as much on food .
Original post by InternetGangster
An average 5 ft 6 guy is not faster than an average 6 ft guy. Faster acceleration maybe, but not top speed.

Thinking of the positives, I guess you're less likely to suffer from joint problems as you get older :P. And don't have to spend as much on food .

Yeah I meant to specify acceleration and yeah you're almost definitely lighter than me, which is always good
under average but not "really short". Really short would be 5ft 4 or less IMO
Get your scooba gear on it's muff diving time :biggrin:
Original post by Chiefe
maybe I got a little growing to do since I'm 18 but is 5'6'' short for a guy (in general)?

thanks.

If the girls short than maybe yes
Personally I'm 5ft and don't mind 5'6

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chiefe

thanks.

Relative to the population? Not really; few inches either side of 5'8 is generally people's idea of average for UK guys.

Relative to the media (eg athletes) and showbiz? Yeah you're short. So is most the country.. Most the world too.

Relative to real short people? You're not short.

Don't let it bother you. I'm 5'1 and perfectly fine (apart from when it's inconvenient). :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest