The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Wow, I didn't even know that there was a deadline!!
So now we only have the option of getting a private flat? I don't know anyone in UK, and everybody told me to stay in the halls to get to know pople more easily. Do you guys recommend any nearby neighbourhood that is "student-friendly" ?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Farida213
Wow, I didn't even know that there was a deadline!!
So now we only have the option of getting a private flat? I don't know anyone in UK, and everybody told me to stay in the halls to get to know pople more easily. Do you guys recommend any nearby neighbourhood that is "student-friendly" ?

You should consider private accommodation and University of London accomodation, for which there is only a one day period in which you can apply. Put yourself on the waiting list for UCL and UoL on the 1st of September, iirc. You're almost guaranteed a place if you put yourself on the waiting list but it could take from a week to months. So, consider private accomodation. I'd say don't go further north than Camden, stick to areas near Bloomsbury and Kingsway is a last resort, really urge you not to live in Kingsway. And don't go beyond Zone 2.
Original post by ExMus
You should consider private accommodation and University of London accomodation, for which there is only a one day period in which you can apply. Put yourself on the waiting list for UCL and UoL on the 1st of September, iirc. You're almost guaranteed a place if you put yourself on the waiting list but it could take from a week to months. So, consider private accomodation. I'd say don't go further north than Camden, stick to areas near Bloomsbury and Kingsway is a last resort, really urge you not to live in Kingsway. And don't go beyond Zone 2.

Thank you, I will definitely look into the areas you recommended.
Did anyone receive the CAS number? I still haven't and I need to apply for Tier 4 visa!
Any offer holders who already have their results and have uploaded them onto portico, have your results been verified? I uploaded them two weeks ago and have heard nothing!
Original post by Farida213
Did anyone receive the CAS number? I still haven't and I need to apply for Tier 4 visa!

Is your offer unconditional?

If not they'll only give it to you when it's ocnditional (AKA when you get your results)
Original post by peanutbuttermnms
Any offer holders who already have their results and have uploaded them onto portico, have your results been verified? I uploaded them two weeks ago and have heard nothing!

How did you upload your results I can't find the option anywhere on portico? Thanks
Original post by jamiep151
How did you upload your results I can't find the option anywhere on portico? Thanks

Its a tab at the top labelled 'verification'.
Its a tab at the top labelled 'verification'.

When i go to verification it gives me break down of course and talks about verifying qualifications but no options to upload anything.
Original post by MickeyL0912

If not they'll only give it to you when it's ocnditional (AKA when you get your results)

Yes my offer is unconditional and I still haven't received it..
I just got my results and I was wondering if I can send them to UCL or someone from my school should?
Original post by Alexandra0904
I just got my results and I was wondering if I can send them to UCL or someone from my school should?

No point.
Any Muslimssssss?😍😍😍😍
When i go to verification it gives me break down of course and talks about verifying qualifications but no options to upload anything.

Yes

Edit: There was an error on my portico they updated it after I emailed them and I now have the upload option.
(edited 8 years ago)

Just been scrolling through this thread and not sure if this has been answered or not, but yh I got an email last weekish I think saying my certificates were fine. But it also said that 'when a final decision is made on my application, it'll be posted on the homepage' in a bit confused by this cos I have an unconditional, did your email say this aswell?? What do they mean by final decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beansontoast92
Just been scrolling through this thread and not sure if this has been answered or not, but yh I got an email last weekish I think saying my certificates were fine. But it also said that 'when a final decision is made on my application, it'll be posted on the homepage' in a bit confused by this cos I have an unconditional, did your email say this aswell?? What do they mean by final decision?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How odd, mine have still not been verified. I did call last week and they said that it depended on department; some departments have started verification, some have not. Perhaps send them an email or call them? What degree are you looking to study? I am quite anxious
Yes

Edit: There was an error on my portico they updated it after I emailed them and I now have the upload option.

Have they been verified?
Have they been verified?

Not yet but was only able to upload them yesterday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending