The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stefano93
Chambers,Welbeck,Debuchy all panic buys that are kind of redundant now. Looking forward to Gabriel replacing BFG in time tho

In what way was chambers a panic buy?
So, I was just doing my daily search of Arsenal into google on the news section and found 2 articles;

6 hours ago from daily star, "Arsenal's Vidal deal DONE"

3 hours ago from daily star, "Vidal to Arsenal OFF".

What the **** could have happened in those 3 hours (between 3am and 6am) to make the star go from deal done to deal off?! :biggrin:

They ask just talk absolute **** 24/7 :u:

Oh and get the feeling sr is right on this, Vidals agent must be one of those dickjockeys who " leaks" bs to the press
Original post by Zürich
Debuchy and Welbeck were panic buys. Chambers is just a long term CB project

Welbeck was only bought cos Giroud got injured. He'll be sold to someone like Swansea or Southampton next year, dexent enough player but not top four quality and never will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vidal would be a really weird signing for Arsenal I can't see it happening. If he does sign then who do you reckon is leaving?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Welbeck was only bought cos Giroud got injured. He'll be sold to someone like Swansea or Southampton next year, dexent enough player but not top four quality and never will be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

With those physical attributes the guy should be bullying defences in the league. But his end product is non existent. 4 goals last season is just lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah how was Debuchy a panick buy too?
Original post by Jamiesonn
Vidal would be a really weird signing for Arsenal I can't see it happening. If he does sign then who do you reckon is leaving?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Flamini or Arteta.
Original post by jam277
Flamini or Arteta.

No chance it'll be Arteta, defo Flamini.

Think Wenger will want to keep Arteta till he's 34/35 like Rosicky, just for the experience.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I think it will be a good signing for Arsenal
Just imagine Vidal, Sanchez and Benzema partnership if we buy him as well
But i dont think it will happen :frown:

I think we we will get Vidal as well as Cech of course.
Reply 2769
Why the hell are we even being linked to vidal? He's a B2B & we don't need that with Jack and Aaron. Would much rather prefer it if we add 4/5m more to the reported 21m & go for Lacazette.
Original post by SA-1
Why the hell are we even being linked to vidal? He's a B2B & we don't need that with Jack and Aaron. Would much rather prefer it if we add 4/5m more to the reported 21m & go for Lacazette.

He's better than all our midfielders. You want to win the league, you have to be ruthless.
Original post by De Chirico
He's better than all our midfielders. You want to win the league, you have to be ruthless.

At the age of 28 with no PL experience, chronic knee and muscular problems. There's no guarantee he'd take to the league instantly.

We just don't need another B2B player. Not sure what Vidal could add we don't already have in Ramsey, Santi and Wilshere.
Original post by sevchenko
At the age of 28 with no PL experience, chronic knee and muscular problems. There's no guarantee he'd take to the league instantly.

We just don't need another B2B player. Not sure what Vidal could add we don't already have in Ramsey, Santi and Wilshere.

I agree that we are stacked in midfield but for the price being discussed it would be an absolute steal. Plus what does Coquelin really offer us against teams we have to break down? No harm in playing a more attack minded cm combo. Vidal has the same win at all costs mentality as Sanchez and they compliment each other on the pitch.

Frankly I think you're over exaggerating Vidals injury issues. Ramsey and wilshere are bigger crocks.

Anyway I don't believe there is any truth in the Vidal rumours tbh.
Original post by De Chirico
I agree that we are stacked in midfield but for the price being discussed it would be an absolute steal. Plus what does Coquelin really offer us against teams we have to break down? No harm in playing a more attack minded cm combo. Vidal has the same win at all costs mentality as Sanchez and they compliment each other on the pitch.

Frankly I think you're over exaggerating Vidals injury issues. Ramsey and wilshere are bigger crocks.

Anyway I don't believe there is any truth in the Vidal rumours tbh.

It's not Coq job to break down teams. His role sit in front of the back 4 preventing counter attacks with tackles and interceptions giving us better control of the midfield. The current midfield formula works well. We had a attack minded CM paring with Song and he was a great attacking player but suspect defensively. There's enough attacking quality to break down teams without the DM helping out.

I don't think you'll player at this level doesn't have a strong winning mentality tbh and strong workrate everybody at Arsenal works hard.

Ramsey and Wilshere have age on their side when it come to injuries, They can recover quite well. However the older you get the body become more worn out and that make much more difficult to recover from injuries and maintain a consistent level of performance afterwards.

Struggling to believe Arsenal is the only club interested for that price if the rumours are true.
Original post by Will Of Fire
I think we we will get Vidal as well as Cech of course.

Ok lets hope so
Do you think benzena will be a good signing for us?
Original post by sevchenko
It's not Coq job to break down teams. His role sit in front of the back 4 preventing counter attacks with tackles and interceptions giving us better control of the midfield. The current midfield formula works well. We had a attack minded CM paring with Song and he was a great attacking player but suspect defensively. There's enough attacking quality to break down teams without the DM helping out.

I don't think you'll player at this level doesn't have a strong winning mentality tbh and strong workrate everybody at Arsenal works hard.

Ramsey and Wilshere have age on their side when it come to injuries, They can recover quite well. However the older you get the body become more worn out and that make much more difficult to recover from injuries and maintain a consistent level of performance afterwards.

Struggling to believe Arsenal is the only club interested for that price if the rumours are true.

The problem is that the DM can often be the one who sees the most of the ball when you're trying to break teams down. Great against other top sides where he won't get that luxury and there's too much going on.
The Emirates looks smaller irl
Tears in my eye fam

Original post by Zürich
Tears in my eye fam

How do you feel about a rentboy joining you?
I didn't think Wenger had it in him to bin Ospina after one season. This is the ruthlessness I wanted to see.

Latest