The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by Nlonsdale
I have accepted my offer for the two years at Magee and I was wondering if anyone is living down there?

Because I'm from Belfast I'll have to and hope they can give me a placement at home which would mean only being there until Xmas
Original post by annad93
Because I'm from Belfast I'll have to and hope they can give me a placement at home which would mean only being there until Xmas

Thats the same as me except im from Banbridge but yes our placements wil b around r home town if we request that an normally they can accommodate apparently alrite.
I'm from newtownabbey, I know there is a thing called shac housing were you only pay for the weeks your living down there. Are you able to pay for one semester in halls?
I'm from newtownabbey, I know there is a thing called shac housing were you only pay for the weeks your living down there. Are you able to pay for one semester in halls?

Oo i haven't heard of that shac housing. But that would be good. No i asked about halls wen i rang the accommodation services at uni one day an we wont get halls as oversea students an undergraduate students get preference. Plus id say halls wuld b noisy for us getn wrk done lol bt who nos x
i rang halls myself and they told me it would be very unlikely that i would get halls for one semester, has anyone got accommodation yet
i rang halls myself and they told me it would be very unlikely that i would get halls for one semester, has anyone got accommodation yet

no i have looked and there are a few nice enough apartment's available but have to look in detail again soon. i have spoken to people who have completed the two yr course and some travelled an some stayed up there from Oct to Dec. There is a b&b available near magee that people used coming up to assignment deadlines so they culd stay late in library but I'd imagine it would b very tiring travelling every day 2hrs each way an coming home to try getting work done. I dunno what do any of you guys on here think?
i rang shac housing and its around £53 a week which includes your own room, heating and electricity plus you only pay for the weeks your living down there. its 0.5 miles away from the campus. although they advised me that i would be much better organising a group of around 3/5 people to share a house with as you can be living with anyone and its much safer to live with people around your age or people on your course. if anyonewould be interested. i knew two girls who lived there last year and they highly recommended it.
Definitely agree with it being better to organise with someone or people from ur course for yhethe safety aspect. So can we view houses before we take one or how does it work? Would it normally b jus students that would be doing the like of shac housing?
I'm not sure if you can view the houses as they normally will just place you in one but the Shac housing accommodation I was talking about is underneath in the link below. I was speaking to two social work student who said they paid a year rent first year and were never there and in final year they found out about shac housing and they organized 5 of them to live together and they said it was perfect as you just pay from the end of September until December week by week and it was central and the house was very warm unlike other student accommodation

http://www.shac.org.uk/housing/item/7/claremont-house-1-richmond-avenue-derry
Soooo where did everyone end up accepting
QUB RGR :smile:. I think they uploaded the course dates somewhere, but can't find it. Anyone any ideas?
Original post by cfearon149
QUB RGR :smile:. I think they uploaded the course dates somewhere, but can't find it. Anyone any ideas?

I accepted UU ! When does queens start ?
Original post by Derrygirl
I accepted UU ! When does queens start ?

i accepted queens rgr to welcone week is the 21st september classes start 28th september
hi cfearon they emailed us the timetable st the information evening we are in mindays tuesday thursday and friday and start placement in january
Do you still have the list of dates that we'll be in class/out on placement by any chance? Can't seem to find it myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
go to the qub website and it comes up for last year but its the same
if you cant get it give me your email and il forward it on for you x
Original post by Derrygirl
Soooo where did everyone end up accepting

I accepted uu rgr. Anyone else on here except uu rgr?
Has anyone accepted SWC?
Has anyone received anything from uu yet about bursary or niscc registration?

Quick Reply

Latest