The Student Room Group

Why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly
To make myself feel better I like to think this is the reason I have been turned down as I tend to erm... target.... people who are somewhat shy. Maybe they just don't want a boyfriend and nothing is wrong with me :smile:

This positivity (or delusion) doesn't last very long though :erm:

I'm not sure I can last that long :wink:

:tongue:

Im sure there is nothing wrong with you :hugs:
I know people can be harsh, but you'll find someone :h:
I just seriously don't want one, I'm perfectly happy at the moment and have a lot of crap to deal with, it would be unfair to pin that on someone :tongue:
It's very nosy. But it's not strange.

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the women worth dating are in relationships. Even some in relationships are not worthy LOL.

This is how I feel about the rest of them.

Reply 183
Cause Being a good girl doesn't seem to cut it now a days
Original post by Vikki1805
You're cheeky.

You love it!
Reply 185
Original post by thirdcultureteen
I think most people ask this as a sort of compliment (at least in my experience), or because it can be an interesting conversation starter if your answer is yes?

Depending on who's asking, I have different reactions (ranging from comfortable answers to awkward uh....s), but I usually just say the truth: that I don't see a point in dating just yet when I've got a lot of other stuff going on that I'd prefer to spend time on

That's why I kind of feel bad for getting defensive about it when maybe it was meant as a compliment.
Reply 186
I've never been asked that question unless its a joke :frown:
Original post by OU Student
I'm single because I'm not really interested in anyone atm. The last person I was interested in, doesn't want a relationship and the last person who was interested in me, well, I wouldn't date if he was the last person earth. It was obvious just how desparate he was for a relationship.

Your last sentence made me laugh I can almost relate 😆
dick too big, could kill someone
Reply 189
I have 4 big brothers who have scared away my ex's other than that still free and single 😄
Original post by SassKing13
I'm sure that's not true :smile:

it really is true unfortunately :frown:
Original post by shawn_o1
Sorry to hear that. You don't need plastic surgery, you need confidence

i really do need surgery on most places bar my nose which is the only good thing about me its perfect (in my opinion)
Original post by pencil_case
Rubbish! One day, someone will consider themselves the luckiest person in the world to have you. You don't need plastic surgery either, by all means do it if you want to, but don't let anyone pressure you into believing that you're not beautiful just as you are.

they wont im sure bc im just not good enough, skinny enough or pretty enough for anyone to deal with. i mostly need lipo tbh and braces for my teeth. i get told all the time that im worthless by my friends boyfriend and she backs him up :frown: the only time i am accepted is at the stables and when i am watching criminal minds (the actors seem really accepting both in the series and in real life)
havent found a woman who deserves me
i am single because don't own a phone
how so
girl i'm interested in- here's my number can i have yours
me- i don't have one
girl-oh well then goodbye
Reply 195
Original post by Papi El Jalanito
havent found a woman who deserves me

I second this.
This question is mostly a reflection of the asker's insecurity than it is of anything to do with you.

A lot of people will enter into sub par relationships just to not be alone, convincing themselves that they like someone who they have nothing in common with.

I cannot do that, I have to feel a strong resonance with someone to want to be in anything more than a casual relationship with them.

The freedom of being single is also very much underrated. Relationships require a lot of time, effort and compromise, and I feel I'm far too young to be compromising with another person on that level.
Holding out 4 da 1 :moon:
I'm single, because I've dated some men in the past who eventually behave like dicks, emotionally abuse and that's where I leave the relationship as they have seem to give up.

I do too much for a person who doesn't give me the same effort.

I just need to focus on myself and the things that are truly important.

i deserve somebody better.
Original post by Antifazian
This question is mostly a reflection of the asker's insecurity than it is of anything to do with you.

A lot of people will enter into sub par relationships just to not be alone, convincing themselves that they like someone who they have nothing in common with.

I cannot do that, I have to feel a strong resonance with someone to want to be in anything more than a casual relationship with them.

The freedom of being single is also very much underrated. Relationships require a lot of time, effort and compromise, and I feel I'm far too young to be compromising with another person on that level.

I tried this. It does not work at all. I decided after a week I didn't want to be with him. He was just so dull. (and quite clearly desparate)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending