The Student Room Group

How OCD are you with your notes?

I tend to make my notes into an organized clutter of information. They have to be organized and neat otherwise I can't study without tension at the back of my mind lol. How about you? How organized/neat are you with your notes?
I have sections, then subsections, then sub subsections, then sub sub subsections, then sub sub sub subsections. Everything's bullet pointed, colour coded, and highlighted. There are so many pages that I have to number and letter each one and paperclip each section so the individual subsections don't run away from me. I was recently introduced to OneNote which stole my heart. :love: If my organisation style was turned into software that would be it, but there would be more sections in my one.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
I never find my notes when i need them. Very unorganized.
Original post by Vixen47
I have sections, then subsections, then sub subsections, then sub sub subsections, then sub sub sub subsections. Everything's bullet pointed, colour coded, and highlighted. There are so many pages that I have to number and letter each one and paperclip each section so the individual subsections don't run away from me. I was recently introduced to OneNote which stole my heart. :love:

I sometimes do that with my law notes (I section and subsection only though haha). Since I've started uni I have started writing all of my notes on refill paper and I write pages and pages of information without leaving any lines empty so the entire page has to be filled. Where I section things off I have to highlight the headings otherwise it doesn't seem organized to me. I usually staple each section together so it feels complete :awesome:
Your method though seems very cool and organized, ahhh OneNote... I've heard of its wonderful ways.
Reply 4
I'm amazed people like you exist
Original post by willoven
I'm amazed people like you exist

I am as well. That's why I posed the question :grin:
It's nice to know there are other people like me out there.
Ah I used to be too OCD with my notes, t'was horrible
I still like them very neat and organised with colours and all :colone:
Original post by pagorai
I never find my notes when i need them. Very unorganized.

Just like me and when you find them you are like i dont need it lol
I have my past few months of notes all piled into my A4 paper pad thing, and they're all just scribbles

I'm really unorganised haha
OCD is NOT a adjective It is a SERIOUS mental disorder! You're trivializing people wo suffer from OCD... =(
Original post by MylittlePlusle
OCD is NOT a adjective It is a SERIOUS mental disorder! You're trivializing people wo suffer from OCD... =(

Is there a mental disorder that you don't have?
Original post by MylittlePlusle

I am not trivializing people who suffer from OCD. I actually suffer from it myself... and there are different levels of OCD as well. OCD is a part of my life hence why I like to keep my notes as organized as possible in my own way.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CatCatherine
I am not trivializing people who suffer from OCD. I actually suffer from it myself... and there are different levels of OCD as well.

I'e m sorry that you have OCD.. that still doesn't allow you to use it as an adjective. You could be offending other people who suffer from it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Just like me and when you find them you are like i dont need it lol

lol true. I usually find it after the exams. Fml

Quick Reply

Latest