The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Less snow which means less skiing. Which is bad because I don't do well in the heat it sends me loopy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Need2Study4Exam
everybody was happy today. girls wearing less clothes, i was getting my guns out (pm for pics), the sun felt so good.

whenever i think of the winter, i just can't go back to it.
winter:

so what, the earth gets a few degrees warmer?

coz u get more deserts bro
Original post by TheSeal
coz u get more deserts bro

deserts are cool. i like deserts. they make you think.
Cos we wont get anymore snow days off school
Reply 5
deserts are cool. i like deserts. they make you think.

yeah think about water bro
Original post by TheSeal
yeah think about water bro

we'll have to have a smaller population to sustain less amounts of drinking water
They don't complain so much up in Scotland
Reply 8
(edited 8 years ago)
climate change it's called now, not global warming

and i don't care about it because the damage is done and will continually to be done
Climate change is what you should be calling global warming, as it involves both a warming and cooling of certain places around the Earth. That is not to mention that an increase in sea level threatens an endless amount of global systems like the Gulf Stream, and will result in the flooding of low lying land, particularly the Netherlands and many Pacific Islands. Pretty much everything that I'm sure you've been spoon feed at school is supposed to come true if we continue to emit carbon at unsustainable levels. Having said that, NASA have reported that global temperatures have remained constant over the past 15 years, adding uncertainly as to the legitimacy of climate change.
Read the Stern Report

Posted from TSR Mobile
So uneducated makes me sad.

You may be enjoying it now but when enough fresh water from melting ice causes shifts the Gulf Stream you will be crying about how the UK will have conditions similar to Moscow. Glasgow and Moscow share the same latitude.

Thousands of islands in the Pacific will be submerged so you can also enjoy even more environmental refugees taking your uneducated job space.
Reply 13
Original post by bittr n swt
climate change it's called now, not global warming
and i don't care about it because the damage is done and will continually to be done

"Global warming is the term used to describe the current increase in the Earth's average temperature. Climate change refers not only to global changes in temperature but also to changes in wind, precipitation, the length of seasons as well as the strength and frequency of extreme weather events like droughts and floods"
lol at everyone moaning about the heat, it's only going to get worse in the future
Original post by kkboyk
"Global warming is the term used to describe the current increase in the Earth's average temperature. Climate change refers not only to global changes in temperature but also to changes in wind, precipitation, the length of seasons as well as the strength and frequency of extreme weather events like droughts and floods"

If you write global warming in a geography exam they won't be pleased.
everybody was happy today. girls wearing less clothes, i was getting my guns out (pm for pics), the sun felt so good.

winter:

If the earth becomes just a few degrees warmer, the oceans will boil, there will be no crops, everywhere will be inhabitable and we will all die.
Reply 17
Original post by Strawberry68
If you write global warming in a geography exam they won't be pleased.

I had in fact done A-level Geography, and was surprised to see how many of my classmates lost marks for this confusion.
Global warming has a lot more impacts than that. You have the environmental impacts caused by the change in vegetation zones (e.g. certain zones shifting north) which could cause some species to become extinct. You could have increased spread of disease due to better conditions for certain insects. You have desertification in parts of Africa. etc. These concerns far outweigh the stupid "its niser wevver innit" argument.

And whether or not it's nicer is purely subjective. Personally I hate it when it's this hot.

winter:

:laugh: in the same vein, greece looks good for a holiday atm

assume you're joking but nevertheless

[video="youtube;AbyqIZ7Ozqw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbyqIZ7Ozqw[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest