The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam 2015 Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a1my
I'm currently on a gap year and will be studying Geography at Sheffield Hallam in September. Unsure on what accommodation to apply for though :frown: thinking about Victoria Halls - I find the website very unhelpful though!

I'm doing BSc Geography next year and applied for Victoria Halls and Trigon. Have you applied for any accommodation yet?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
I've only just applied to Hallam and will need to pick accommodation should they give me an offer. Pretty sure I will stand no chance of Victoria Halls, so probably won't bother there. Quite like the idea of the convenience of being in that area though as it's in a really good location, so will be putting both Devonshire Courtyard and Opal 1 as my choices(if I can!)

Which one is better, for those who know what they're like?

Also, how does the whole accommodation allocation system work, do they try to give everyone their first choice in order of application, or will they look to give an earlier applicants their first or second choice before considering the late applicants first choices?

Cheers in advance for any help!
Reply 22
Get joining the FB pages guys! & Good luck :biggrin:

facebook.com/groups/HallamFreshers & facebook.com/sheffhallamfreshers2015
Reply 23
Original post by WalkyTalky
I've only just applied to Hallam and will need to pick accommodation should they give me an offer. Pretty sure I will stand no chance of Victoria Halls, so probably won't bother there. Quite like the idea of the convenience of being in that area though as it's in a really good location, so will be putting both Devonshire Courtyard and Opal 1 as my choices(if I can!)

Also, how does the whole accommodation allocation system work, do they try to give everyone their first choice in order of application, or will they look to give an earlier applicants their first or second choice before considering the late applicants first choices?

Hey there! Not too sure which is the best out of the two, I visited opal 1 and it's pretty nice! But I hear Devonshire courtyard is cool too! And cheaper! So you may wanna pick there and get the cheaper option?

Also they won't give people accommodation until results are out (not sure about those with unconditionals though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanyhelina
Oh I see! I just rushed into making my decisions and my family that live in Sheffield say that trigon is in a bad area or something, so kinda really want my first choice >.<

The area around Trigon is a bit run down but I wouldn't say it's rough or dangerous. Probably one of the best when it comes to convenience - you're really close to city campus as well as within easy stumbling distance of most the nightlife.
Original post by WalkyTalky

I think I can remember them saying its a first come first served system, not sure if that means unconditional a get priority over conditionals or not.

Unconditional offers are allocated places in July.

There is also lots of private halls which are very popular so if you don't get what you want you can maybe look into that? They usually have a mix from the nth universities in them.
Reply 26
Original post by andyroob
The area around Trigon is a bit run down but I wouldn't say it's rough or dangerous. Probably one of the best when it comes to convenience - you're really close to city campus as well as within easy stumbling distance of most the nightlife.

On the contrary, having visited on numerous occasions I'd say it's an open and pleasant neighbourhood. Compared to some of the areas I've considered...

Got to be happy with it now, I've received my allocation!
Reply 27
Original post by AnnaLouii
I think I can remember them saying its a first come first served system, not sure if that means unconditional a get priority over conditionals or not.

Unconditional offers are allocated places in July.

There is also lots of private halls which are very popular so if you don't get what you want you can maybe look into that? They usually have a mix from the nth universities in them.

Most unconditionals are getting offers now for specific accom! I know the forge are handing out offers now and Charlotte court or something but yeah after unconditionals it's just when results come out but if you firmed Sheffield Hallam then you should get one of your choices by August if you're a conditional

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Yep, Trigon's been sending out offers for unconditionals too.
i applied for victoria halls & opal 1 and im still waiting for my offer :frown:

im so jealous of everyone else who has got offers so far :frown:
Reply 30
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
Hi does anyone know how long sheffield take to respond once you've posted off all the accommodation paperwork (tenancy agreements etc) thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They sent me a confirmation email to say they got everything a few days later, I sent it on the Monday and they got it on Thursday :smile:
Reply 31
I've got an unconditional offer to do business economics and i'm still waiting for a confirmation :frown: . The time is passing so slowly.
Original post by Majora96
I've got an unconditional offer to do business economics and i'm still waiting for a confirmation :frown: . The time is passing so slowly.

Same here. And I put Victoria Halls as my first choice and they've started giving people their second choices instead of Victoria Halls :frown:
Reply 33
Well being an unconditional at least gives you the reassurance that you're getting a place seeing as we're allocated rooms first. What's your second choice? It seems most the liberty halls are being confirmed this week (I got mine yesterday)
Well being an unconditional at least gives you the reassurance that you're getting a place seeing as we're allocated rooms first. What's your second choice? It seems most the liberty halls are being confirmed this week (I got mine yesterday)

I know, I just really want to go to Victoria. Most people I've been speaking to have got in there and they're so lovely I'd love to be with them. I've gone for Trigon, if I don't get Trigon in probably going to go private instead :smile:
Reply 35
I know, I just really want to go to Victoria. Most people I've been speaking to have got in there and they're so lovely I'd love to be with them. I've gone for Trigon, if I don't get Trigon in probably going to go private instead :smile:

Well you're still near victoria halls so it wouldn't be a bad thing if your confirmation is for trigon
Reply 36

One of my friends looked at Victoria Halls briefly but it was fully booked all-too-quickly!

We're guaranteed a place at halls for the first year anyway - Trigon looks great and I know a few of my flatmates already :smile:
Find your flat mates and join the chat guys!

facebook.com/groups/HallamFreshers
Original post by DavidB_
One of my friends looked at Victoria Halls briefly but it was fully booked all-too-quickly!

We're guaranteed a place at halls for the first year anyway - Trigon looks great and I know a few of my flatmates already :smile:

Well you're still near victoria halls so it wouldn't be a bad thing if your confirmation is for trigon

I've got into Trigon, realised I'm closer to Aldi there so I'm very happy now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending