The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
Who would you prefer, seeing as though Big Sam isn't a realistic option?

Not a clue - with Big Sam having ruled out, leaving utter guff as the options, I'd rather go for someone currently unemployed as a cheap stopgap until we can find a good championship manager to get us back up in the 16/17 season, and Lennon is neither.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Not a clue - with Big Sam having ruled out, leaving utter guff as the options, I'd rather go for someone currently unemployed as a cheap stopgap until we can find a good championship manager to get us back up in the 16/17 season, and Lennon is neither.

Cambiasso player-manager?
Original post by Mackay
Cambiasso player-manager?

If he's interested, definitely, he practically managed the team on the pitch last season (god knows why he didn't want to be captain) but with no coaching badges it's a risk that he'll even be allowed to take up the position even if he wants to go into management.
Anyone heard of Josh Morris who used to play for blackburn, then fleetwood. New signing for Bradford. Looks decent
Original post by redleader1
Anyone heard of Josh Morris who used to play for blackburn, then fleetwood. New signing for Bradford. Looks decent

He was decent when he played against us but he's also a bit of bell.
Kusczack heads from Wolves to Birmingham, while Fulham pick up ex-Bolton goalkeeper Lonergan. Bolton themselves, have in turn signed Amos on a free from United.
Well the keeper is sorted for this season apparently another two deals are "close"
Original post by ANippyWinger
He was decent when he played against us but he's also a bit of bell.

In what way is he a bell ? Thinks he's better than he actually is ? Is he injury prone ?
In what way is he a bell ? Thinks he's better than he actually is ? Is he injury prone ?

He gave off the impression he thought he was something special, dirty in a sly way and doesn't mind flopping to the ground.
He gave off the impression he thought he was something special, dirty in a sly way and doesn't mind flopping to the ground.

Lol hopefully he gives us a promotion push lets hope....
Lol hopefully he gives us a promotion push lets hope....

Bradford fan? I'm a Rochdale fan, what do you think is going to happen in league one this year? Got to predict Wigan to be up there and Sheffield United now that they've got a decent manager.
Reply 3931
Genuinely think us Brentford can win promotion this season, after *sniggers* the Bjelland signing we have an authoritative and talented central defender, as well as signing the dead ball coach from AC Milan to boost our woeful record from set pieces last season, I think one or two strikers and a winger and provided no one departs, we'll have a top quality squad
Personally think Wolves and Boro will come up with us
Reply 3932
Bradford fan? I'm a Rochdale fan, what do you think is going to happen in league one this year? Got to predict Wigan to be up there and Sheffield United now that they've got a decent manager.

What are your thoughts on O'Connell? I imagine we will loan him out to you again
Original post by JBlad
What are your thoughts on O'Connell? I imagine we will loan him out to you again

Would love him back, I feel a bit sorry for the lad to be honest but Brentford seem to be getting a new identity now. I personally can't see him coming back now though, not unless we lose a centre half anyway.
Reply 3934
Would love him back, I feel a bit sorry for the lad to be honest but Brentford seem to be getting a new identity now. I personally can't see him coming back now though, not unless we lose a centre half anyway.

Yeah its amazing for us the clubs going through a transformation, I can't see him breaking in at our place just yet and he's at that age where he must play, what makes you feel sorry for him? :wink: (were not THAT bad :wink: )

Yes Bradford fan :smile:. Ah rochdale war of the roses ? Whats was our away atmosphere like last season ??

Definatley wigan and sheffield united for promotion.

1. Wigan
2. Doncaster
3. Sheff Utd
4. Barnsley
5. Bradford City (Play off winners:biggrin: )
6. Rochdale

What are yours ??
Original post by JBlad
Yeah its amazing for us the clubs going through a transformation, I can't see him breaking in at our place just yet and he's at that age where he must play, what makes you feel sorry for him? :wink: (were not THAT bad :wink: )

I feel sorry for him because he comes across well and he's a good centre half too. As soon as he came back to us, he made us look much more compact.

The only negative I had for him was that he didn't score enough, he was as good defensively as Dawson was for us but he didn't have the goalscoring ability he did - not that it's particularly important.
Yes Bradford fan :smile:. Ah rochdale war of the roses ? Whats was our away atmosphere like last season ??

Definatley wigan and sheffield united for promotion.

1. Wigan
2. Doncaster
3. Sheff Utd
4. Barnsley
5. Bradford City (Play off winners:biggrin: )
6. Rochdale

What are yours ??

Bradford is one of my favourite away games, we win most of the time so that helps, last season was brilliant!! If I'm honest, it was a decent atmosphere but nothing compared to when we play Sheff Utd on a Saturday or Bury etc.
Wigan and Sheff Utd up automatically with Barnsley in the play offs. I think we'll finish around 8-10 again.
My top six for League One:

Wigan, Sheffield United, Peterborough, Bradford, Swindon and Doncaster. Unsure what order.
Whats was our away atmosphere like last season ??

Chesterfield fan here, visited 15 grounds last season and I thought Valley Parade had the best atmosphere and that was only on a Tuesday night. Can't really remember the reverse fixture though.

My top 6 for League One in no particular order: Sheffield United, Wigan, Bradford, Barnsley, Millwall, Swindon.
with Crewe, Blackpool, Walsall and Shrewsbury going down.

My top 7 for League Two in no particular order: Portsmouth, Luton, Cambridge, Oxford, Notts County, Leyton Orient, Exeter
with Newport and Crawley going down.

Quick Reply

Latest