The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Anyone going tomorrow?
It's round one. Plenty of time for Murray to impress yet.
Original post by snowman77
Nadal is far the better player than Federer, as can be seen from the head to head record between the two players. Nadal has basically crushed Federer in all their matches from 2008 onwards. Although both of them are no longer at their peak and will never return to their peak form ever again, Nadal still has a comfortable edge over Federer on all surfaces.

As for who will win Wimbledon, I very much doubt Nadal will. He's way past his best. Federer's days of winning Grand Slams are over. Djokovic is clearly the most likely to win Wimbledon, with Murray far behind him in 2nd.

That's hilarious, murrays last slam was 2 years ago and Nadal won 2 since.
When has Murray won a slam having gone thru Federer or Nadal.... NEVER!
Djokovic fav then probably fed and even the dark horse Stan if he plays like French.
The guy has beaten them all at slams and won his 2 slams going thru No 1 & 2 seeds in Aus and French.
Original post by Rkai01
That's hilarious, murrays last slam was 2 years ago and Nadal won 2 since.
When has Murray won a slam having gone thru Federer or Nadal.... NEVER!
Djokovic fav then probably fed and even the dark horse Stan if he plays like French.
The guy has beaten them all at slams and won his 2 slams going thru No 1 & 2 seeds in Aus and French.
This was before the draw was out. So yes, now the draw is out, Murray has the worst chance. He potentially has to beat Nadal, Federer and Djokovic to win the title. I'm fairly certain he hasn't beaten 2 of these 3 players in a single grand slam, let alone all 3 of them.
Original post by snowman77
This was before the draw was out. So yes, now the draw is out, Murray has the worst chance. He potentially has to beat Nadal, Federer and Djokovic to win the title. I'm fairly certain he hasn't beaten 2 of these 3 players in a single grand slam, let alone all 3 of them.

But he's been looking at his very best on grass recently and in this kind of mood the other members of the big four will have to go through hell to beat him. It's still early days, but I fancy Murray to lift his second Wimbledon title, I genuinely don't think Djokovic is as good as him on grass.
Heather Watson targeted by trolls on Twitter after her victory.
Original post by Smash50
But he's been looking at his very best on grass recently and in this kind of mood the other members of the big four will have to go through hell to beat him. It's still early days, but I fancy Murray to lift his second Wimbledon title, I genuinely don't think Djokovic is as good as him on grass.

When Nadal is at 75% he beats Murray regardless of his form, no psychiatrist will help him there lol.
It seems everyone has forgotten his last meeting with Rog and Aussie open. Yes he was bagled by Nole and Rog but I bet if it was other way around I'm sure the bbc would remind us.
Murray through in straight sets. Haase played some god awful tennis at times, it must be said.
That tweener shot from Federer... :coma:
Watching Troicki and Bedene. Good to see Fed through comfortably, though. The bloke oozes class.
Federer through
What a game though :smile:
No contest :tongue:
Lisicki is formidable with that serve and her power. She could easily be top 5 with consistency in her game. If she had turned up against Bartoli in 2013 she would have a grand slam to her name as well.

The women's draw is too unpredictable. Any player in the top 30-40 can beat anyone apart from maybe S Williams, Kvitova and Sharapova.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kvitova and Djokovic are my picks for the female and men's winners respectively.
Brown has quite an unorthodox style of playing, pretty fun to watch though :tongue:
Brown is great to watch.
Murray and Federer really good today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_K1NG
Brown is great to watch.

I agree :biggrin:
Nadal levels the match though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow Nadal double faulting twice in a row at an important point in the match... Needs to get his fighter mentality back ASAP if he wants to get back to the top of the game
Original post by lizzy95
Wow Nadal double faulting twice in a row at an important point in the match... Needs to get his fighter mentality back ASAP if he wants to get back to the top of the game

He's just too vulnerable on serve these days. Every time he steps up to serve I'm never confident he can hold it together.

On the other hand, Dustin Brown just hit a 127mph SECOND serve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest