The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rehnskjold
Sorry to necro the thread but I received about a 55-56 average in 2nd year, my course is 25% second year, 75% third year. Is it still possible for me to get a 2:1 overall?

yeah for sure. you would need to get a 62% in third year to get a 2:1 overall which isnt too hard
Reply 41
I got 56% in 2nd year (worth 30%) and next year is worth 70%. Possible to get 2.1?
Original post by goku123
I got 56% in 2nd year (worth 30%) and next year is worth 70%. Possible to get 2.1?

Obviously.
Reply 43
Original post by goku123

You'll need to average about 62% in your final year for a 2.1, or 76% for a first.
Original post by goku123

Almost certainly - if you manage to get about 62% or more in your 3rd year, then due to the 3rd year being worth a lot more it is almost certainly possible to get a 2.1 - assuming that a 2.1 is equivalent to 60% (like most universities).
Original post by Kre
You'll need to average about 62% in your final year for a 2.1, or 76% for a first.

Yeah I just actually worked out via a calculator it was 61.7% or something like that - so my guess of 62 was really close! :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by Kre

Original post by spotify95
Almost certainly - if you manage to get about 62% or more in your 3rd year, then due to the 3rd year being worth a lot more it is almost certainly possible to get a 2.1 - assuming that a 2.1 is equivalent to 60% (like most universities).

Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. I am a hardworking student; it's just the assignments let me down, need to get round them! In order to taste success you have to hit lows in your life, I guess.
I know someone who barely scraped 40% in their second year and still ended up with a 2.1. If you put in the work you can do it.
I got 59.1% in 2nd year (worth 30%) and next year is worth 70%. What do I need to get in my third year to get 2.1?
Sorry to necro the thread but I received about a 55-56 average in 2nd year, my course is 25% second year, 75% third year. Is it still possible for me to get a 2:1 overall?

you should be damn sorry. I read half way down the page before I realised it was 2011. the op could be fairy dust for all we know.

if the thread is so old, just make a new one. jeez louis.
Why did you bump a year old thread?!

Alright, the thread has been bumped a few times but if it's more than 6 months old, unless there's a good reason not to, create a new thread instead. :smile:

Original post by Boreism
Hi I'm in the same boat I've just got my results for second year and got a High 2.2 (58.5) I'm assuming that I can work hard for a 2.1 but how many 2.1 grades do I need for the majority of the modules? My course and uni is 20% of my second year and 80% of my third year...?
Original post by thisistheend
you should be damn sorry. I read half way down the page before I realised it was 2011. the op could be fairy dust for all we know.

if the thread is so old, just make a new one. jeez louis.

Just noticed this is an ancient thread, with multiple bumpings along the way. Am reporting for thread close as it's too old.
I think it depends on your university and the courses.
Reply 53
Original post by sr90
I know someone who barely scraped 40% in their second year and still ended up with a 2.1. If you put in the work you can do it.

Do you know what percentages their 2nd year and 3rd year accounted for
Reply 54

Yes for sure. I went into final year with with a borderline first class and needed a strong first to graduate with a 2.1 I documented my story and how i did this in my tsr thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2423861&p=43849614#post43849614

The key point is yes it is possible and if its a first you really want then go for it!
Can work my overall grade please, My dissertation is worth 60 credit.Assesment 1 10% got = 50 % assignment 2 10% got = 70 Assesment three dissertation worth 60% got = 51%Assignment four worth 20% got = 78%Performance analysis is worth 30 credits, worth 60% got 48 %, assignment two worth 40% got = 58 %Football science is worth 30 credits = worth 40% got =60 % assignment two worth 30% got = 50 % assignment three worth 30% got = 53%What will end up with a low 2:2 or higher 2:2 overall if credit overall worth 120 credit???
Original post by Daniel765
Can work my overall grade please, My dissertation is worth 60 credit.Assesment 1 10% got = 50 % assignment 2 10% got = 70 Assesment three dissertation worth 60% got = 51%Assignment four worth 20% got = 78%Performance analysis is worth 30 credits, worth 60% got 48 %, assignment two worth 40% got = 58 %Football science is worth 30 credits = worth 40% got =60 % assignment two worth 30% got = 50 % assignment three worth 30% got = 53%What will end up with a low 2:2 or higher 2:2 overall if credit overall worth 120 credit???

unicalc
Original post by ageshallnot
A very high mark, but without more details no-one can tell you exactly what.

This thread is a 4 year old thread. Might be best to stick to something more recent (or create a new thread).
Original post by spotify95
This thread is a 4 year old thread. Might be best to stick to something more recent (or create a new thread).

This is rather odd. The post to which I replied was made very recently, probably only a day or so ago, but has now disappeared from this thread. I know it's not a very old post because that user, yasminchoukri1, only joined TSR last month.

Latest