The Student Room Group

AQA Classical Civilisation 2105

I couldn't find a thread for this exam already! What units is everyone doing? I'm doing Cicero and the Roman republic for unit one and for unit 2 the Iliad

If anyone has any idea on how to revise the Iliad I'd be so grateful I literally don't know where to start!
Im doing Women in Athens and Rome and the Odyssey.

Honestly, i would recommend to go over past papers and plan those, thats how you know if you know your stuff. Plus you will memorise as you go along.
Also look at the mark scheme! see what examiners are looking at to mark your work.

Goodluck!
Thanks,

You ready for unit one tomorrow?
Reply 3
I'm resitting Cicero today. I'm feeling kind of confident about it. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
Original post by Sneferu
I'm resitting Cicero today. I'm feeling kind of confident about it. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

How did you find it? I think it went awfully for me ahah
Reply 5
Original post by abi_parsnips
How did you find it? I think it went awfully for me ahah

It waa alright. i kinda spent too long on the first bit though. I liked the paper though. Could of gone worse. aha, well there's no point worrying about it :smile:
Are any of you doing CIV 2A? If so do you have any advice or techniques that may come in handy for the 10 mark questions?
Resitting CIV2B tomorrow, feeling alright about it after initial stress :smile:
I'm taking it tomorrow two years early as I'm only 14, but I'm reasonably confident as both my parents were Classicists and I've been brought up with history and Ancient Greece and have spent half of my life in Greece and Turkey. As long as you know Oikos, Nostos, Xenia etc. As well as the role of women, role of Gods and role of maturity in Greek life as well as strong background knowledge you should be fine.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Does anyone have any revision notes they'd like to share for Athens please? Got my Pompeii notes, and can only revise the Odyssey by reading them through to be honest. Thanks and good luck!
How did anyone taking CIV2B find the paper? Much easier than last year! Fingers crossed for a decent grade :smile:
Did any of you guys do the roman architecture module?
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Did any of you guys do the roman architecture module?

Unit 2E? I'm sitting that exam this year - not looking forward to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending