The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6740
Watching breaking bad got me thinking..

If, god forbid, any of you guys were diagnosed with cancer, would you go for chemotherapy?

Meaning the rest of your slightly longer life is filled with hospital appointments, a lot of daily tablets, undesirable side effects (hair loss, neusia, lethargia etc)

Or would you decline it, see death as inevitable & enjoy what you can?
Original post by Lúcio
I think it's less likely to happen if you don't actually have any :/
Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol:
Original post by SA-1
If, god forbid, any of you guys were diagnosed with cancer, would you go for chemotherapy?
Meaning the rest of your slightly longer life is filled with hospital appointments, a lot of daily tablets, undesirable side effects (hair loss, neusia, lethargia etc)

i hate the idea of a slow death, getting weaker and weaker and having to be maintained by god knows how many pills and drugs.
obviously modern medicine is absolutely amazing in general and it depends on the severity of the cancer.
if it was terminal but certain things would give me more time, i'd probably just do all the things on my "bucket list" and die with at least a shred of fulfillment.

that's just me though - i've never been afraid of death but i know other people are terrified so their opinions may of course differ :smile:
Original post by SA-1

I'd take it, **** dying
Original post by Lúcio
I think it's less likely to happen if you don't actually have any :/
Posted from TSR Mobile

shutup blud, dont ever @ me like we are boys, you dont know me like that G. Also, you. control yourself, cos levels, youre not levels.

also anyone ever been wimbeldon, any particular dress code, also will be queuing for tickets, how long would the queue be approx?
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
also anyone ever been wimbeldon, any particular dress code, also will be queuing for tickets, how long would the queue be approx?

i'm pretty sure you have to be white :redface:
Don't think there's anything more disappointing than opening a pot of yoghurt and finding out it's got bits in it
Original post by difeo
Don't think there's anything more disappointing than opening a pot of yoghurt and finding out it's got bits in it

the excitement of your life never fails to amaze me...

My advice would be to get there at 3, you'll go straight in. Then go straight to the resale queue, that'll open at 5, maybe you'll get tickets by 6-6.30, and you'll get to see a couple sets in centre / court 1. Lol at dress code. Most people get there early, but I wouldn't, that queue is a monster. Your other option is to go now with a tent and a monopoly board.
Original post by Lúcio
the excitement of your life never fails to amaze me...

m8, it was a strawberry fat free yoghurt, I was bare excited
Went to centre court first day in 2013. Five mins in and you heard a champagne cork hit the roof over where we were sat. Sums up Wimbledon right there.
Original post by difeo
m8, it was a strawberry fat free yoghurt, I was bare excited

woah calm down mate, save some excitement for your later years.

i guess since you're only 14 or something, fat free yoghurt is about as much fun as you can have :/
Original post by Lúcio
woah calm down mate, save some excitement for your later years.
i guess since you're only 14 or something, fat free yoghurt is about as much fun as you can have :/

shots all over

gotta enjoy the simple things in life
Original post by difeo
shots all over
gotta enjoy the simple things in life

sorry man, been on point tonight haven't i?
if i say it's banter will it all be okay? <3

when do you get your GCSE results anyway?
Original post by Lúcio
sorry man, been on point tonight haven't i?
if i say it's banter will it all be okay? <3

when do you get your GCSE results anyway?

Around the same time you start teaching at the local bakery

Spoiler

Original post by difeo
Around the same time you start teaching at the local bakery

Spoiler

when you get rekd by difeo, you know it's time for bed.
I've wanted to go to Wimbledon every year and for whatever reason its never happened. I'm not doing anything this weekend so may as well go try my luck in the queue...

Posted from TSR Mobile
shutup blud, dont ever @ me like we are boys, you dont know me like that G. Also, you. control yourself, cos levels, youre not levels.

clocked that tesco twitter ref
next time go in like I do not know this don, where do you know me from
Original post by sr90
I've wanted to go to Wimbledon every year and for whatever reason its never happened. I'm not doing anything this weekend so may as well go try my luck in the queue...
Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it will be an absolute *****oup but good luck mate.
Yeah good luck getting tickets for a nice weather Murray saturday

Latest