The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

WWE 2K16 will have 120 wrestlers. Whether you'll be able to do anything fun with those 120 wrestlers is another thing.
Reply 2561
Original post by AR_95
Highly doubt that at this stage. They wouldn't have tagged with him Lana in that case

Seems curious to me, though. I hope they don't think he's expendable because he's omniscient on RAW and SmackDown, and such a solid worker.
Reply 2562
Beast in the East tonight!

- The New Day vs. The Lucha Dragons
- Chris Jericho vs. Neville
- Cesaro vs. Diego
- Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston
- Nikki Bella vs. Naomi vs. Paige (Divas Championship)
- Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens (NXT Championship)
- John Cena and Dolph Ziggler vs. King Barrett and Kane
Original post by Mackay
Beast in the East tonight!

- The New Day vs. The Lucha Dragons
- Chris Jericho vs. Neville
- Cesaro vs. Diego
- Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston
- Nikki Bella vs. Naomi vs. Paige (Divas Championship)
- Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens (NXT Championship)
- John Cena and Dolph Ziggler vs. King Barrett and Kane

Can't wait, good you reminded me, any idea what time it's on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2564
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Can't wait, good you reminded me, any idea what time it's on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly no idea. Early hours of Saturday I think? Try the Network schedule to find out.

Predictions:

- The Lucha Dragons def. The New Day.
- Neville def. Chris Jericho
- Cesaro def. Diego.
- Brock Lesnar def. Kofi Kingston
- Nikki Bella def. Naomi and Paige to retain the Divas Championship
- Finn Balor def. Kevin Owens to win the NXT Championship
- John Cena and Dolph Ziggler def. King Barrett and Kane
Original post by Mackay
Honestly no idea. Early hours of Saturday I think? Try the Network schedule to find out.

Predictions:

- Cesaro def. Diego.

Just checked it's at half ten. Should be able to watch that then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2566
Just checked it's at half ten. Should be able to watch that then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

100%. Can't wait.

Balor's got a huge following in Japan, so I'd expect him to bag the title to free up Owens to take the US Championship off Cena.

I imagine Lesnar will batter each member of the New Day after dispatching with Kofi, too.
Original post by Mackay
100%. Can't wait.

Balor's got a huge following in Japan, so I'd expect him to bag the title to free up Owens to take the US Championship off Cena.

I imagine Lesnar will batter each member of the New Day after dispatching with Kofi, too.

I know titles rarely change on house shows but just can't stand nikki breaking AJ's record so hopefully somehow an upset is caused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's been a bad week for WWE. Raw did the lowest non-holiday viewership since 1997, they're dealing with numerous frivolous lawsuits, and the stock price has dropped around $1.30 per share since last Friday. Oy vey!

Incidentally I haven't watched Raw, so I don't know if it deserved the terrible rating or not. Caught 20mins on a break at work and it was the Dolph/Lana/Rusev segment which was absolute garbage. Opening the 10pm hour with that crap it's no wonder they lost 800,000 viewers between hour 2 and 3.

Original post by Mackay

Predictions:

- Cesaro def. Diego.

It's advertised at 5:30e/2:30p ... so that'd be 10:30 Saturday morning for UK viewers.

Doesn't look like anything I really need to see, but I'll be home so I'll probably stick it on and watch a bit just to see Brock kill Kofi.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2569
I know titles rarely change on house shows but just can't stand nikki breaking AJ's record so hopefully somehow an upset is caused.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but she will do. Paige deserves the title, though.
Reply 2570
Original post by IanDangerously

Incidentally I haven't watched Raw, so I don't know if it deserved the terrible rating or not. Caught 20mins on a break at work and it was the Dolph/Lana/Rusev segment which was absolute garbage.

The opening segment was way worse than the Ziggler one. Avoid.
Original post by Mackay
The opening segment was way worse than the Ziggler one. Avoid.

I haven't even read the report this week but I'm gonna take a guess ... was it the Seth coming out with his minions and spending the first 15 minutes talking about nothing in particular shtick that's been the opening of every single Raw since WrestleMania?

The Ziggler/Lana/Rusev struck me just how much WWE are dropping the ball at the minute. I've only really been watching the network specials rather than Raw but a few months ago Rusev was getting major heat as an old-school heel, the fans were crazy for Lana and behind Ziggler as the underdog ... Monday they were all in the ring and nobody cared. Literally nobody. The crowd seemed to be restless and bored half to death by all the insipid nonsense.
Reply 2572
I haven't even read the report this week but I'm gonna take a guess ... was it the Seth coming out with his minions and spending the first 15 minutes talking about nothing in particular shtick that's been the opening of every single Raw since WrestleMania?

The Rollins segment was him giving J&J Security new Apple watches, Kane a holiday to Hawaii, and the three of them a new Cadillac. It was all very bizarre, and was pretty much product placement.
Original post by Mackay
The Rollins segment was him giving J&J Security new Apple watches, Kane a holiday to Hawaii, and the three of them a new Cadillac. It was all very bizarre, and was pretty much product placement.

That sounds like something that nobody needed to see ... although the idea of the big red monster roaming around Hawaii on holiday is kinda amusing. I can picture him sprawled out on a beach lounger with his mask on scaring little kids!

Wouldn't it have made more sense for Brock to interrupt that nonsense and beat the piss out of Rollins?
Reply 2574
That sounds like something that nobody needed to see ... although the idea of the big red monster roaming around Hawaii on holiday is kinda amusing. I can picture him sprawled out on a beach lounger with his mask on scaring little kids!

Wouldn't it have made more sense for Brock to interrupt that nonsense and beat the piss out of Rollins?

Lesnar wasn't booked for RAW, unfortunately.
Reply 2575
In other news, WWE have the opportunity to poach some top TNA talent with Austin Aries, James Storm, Magnus and Gunner all free agents.
Original post by Mackay
Lesnar wasn't booked for RAW, unfortunately.

Well that sucks. He better be there next week, they need to do something to really make Battleground worth seeing. I think that's the problem at the moment, they want to push the network but nothing they're doing on TV really makes anyone say "Wow, I need to spend $9.99 to see this!".
Reply 2577
Well that sucks. He better be there next week, they need to do something to really make Battleground worth seeing. I think that's the problem at the moment, they want to push the network but nothing they're doing on TV really makes anyone say "Wow, I need to spend $9.99 to see this!".

Yeah. I'm excited for Beast in the East, because I love special shows in weird areas with different crowds. I'm hoping that it lives up to my expectations.

To be honest, if it wasn't for Owens on the main roster, I'd have stopped watching RAW week in week out and I'd just stick to the PPVs.
Original post by Mackay
Yeah. I'm excited for Beast in the East, because I love special shows in weird areas with different crowds. I'm hoping that it lives up to my expectations.

To be honest, if it wasn't for Owens on the main roster, I'd have stopped watching RAW week in week out and I'd just stick to the PPVs.

I'm looking forward to watching that now just purely to see Brock throw the new day around, that should be a fun spectacle. I haven't seen anything from Japan for a few years but the crowds always used to be quite non-participative, like fans at a theatre show or something. Reacting during the entrances and post-match but sitting there quietly during the action watching and gasping at the big dramatic moments.

Of course being a WWE show there wont be much drama to gasp at!
Lesnar vs Kingston, that's like Playstation 1 Smackdown season mode matchups right there. WHO COULD WIN?

Quick Reply

Latest