The Student Room Group

Is friends with benefits acceptable?

Title

Scroll to see replies

no, that's why i support conservatives.

ppl on benefits are lazy
Reply 2
I am not sure he is talking about that type of benefit... or is he :tongue:
For some people it is and others it isn't, there's no right or wrong answer. Do whatever you feel happy doing :P might sound like a half-assed reply but that's the truth.
Just do what you want. I wouldn't though it'd be awkward.
Reply 5
Original post by Soyeb
I am not sure he is talking about that type of benefit... or is he :tongue:

A relationship focused on sex with no strings attached.
Reply 6
Well I think eventually it would get awkward due to the many complications which would eventually arise within the friendship.

Also the "friend" you choose to do this with is important too.... some people are more relaxed whereas there are people who would want something emotional rather than only sexual.
Reply 7
Doesn't work for very long. One person will always have more feelings than the other, or else this situation would never arise.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Title

Not something that I'd ever do. But if people want to do it, then go ahead.
Original post by bassbabe
Just do what you want. I wouldn't though it'd be awkward.

Sex is awkward for you?
Original post by Olivia9
Not something that I'd ever do. But if people want to do it, then go ahead.

You'd never want to have sex?
lol depends on how stable u want your sex life to be

It also depends on whether you're prepared for one's feelings to be unrequited (always happens - if not, then you're in a relationship and the whole concept of FwB has been defeated)

AND it depends on your relationship with the person, do you want it to be meaningful with a friend or not as meaningful with a complete stranger. Either way it'll impact you

Would I do it? idk
I just want sex. I don't care about meeting someone I care about. Sounds awful but it's not like I want to settle down and establish a family now lol
Who has the right to tell you if it is or isn't acceptable?
Reply 14
Original post by katinthehat
Who has the right to tell you if it is or isn't acceptable?

Everybody.
Watch the movie "friends with benefits" then you'll know
Reply 16
Original post by Liquid Harvest
You'd never want to have sex?

Well I would in a relationship, not with friends
Original post by Josb
Everybody.

And how exactly does 'everybody' dictate to you how you should be living your life and fulfilling you sexual desires? Two fingers to 'everybody' in that case.
Reply 18
Original post by katinthehat
And how exactly does 'everybody' dictate to you how you should be living your life and fulfilling you sexual desires? Two fingers to 'everybody' in that case.

Where did I say that everybody could "dictate" your lifestyle? I just implied that everybody can make comments on it.
Original post by Josb
Where did I say that everybody could "dictate" your lifestyle? I just implied that everybody can make comments on it.

'Telling', as in telling you that you should/shouldn't pursue friends with benefits, in spite of the fact it has nothing to do with them. Perhaps I should rephrase; people can tell you whether or not friends with benefits is or isn't acceptable, but you have no obligation to listen to somebody so repressive of your private lifestyle :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending