The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by artinair
So CSC has already awarded an Indian who is going to be studying MPhil in Education at Cambridge. Guess that rules me out :frown:

Has the person receive the award letter. .?
Reply 81
His name is on the website...
Reply 82
Hi Kosb...Have you gotten your award letter?
Reply 83
Original post by Kassi
My university contacted me on 26th May, that I have been awarded the shared scholarship. They sent me some forms to complete and return to the CSC before the award can be confirmed. I sent the forms on Tuesday 2nd June. Im now waiting for CSC confirmation and the award letter.

Hey I got the same forms and submitted them back to CSC and awaiting for confirmation and award letter
Reply 84
Original post by Kogosi
Hey I got the same forms and submitted them back to CSC and awaiting for confirmation and award letter

Kogosi... Which university did you get the award. ?
Reply 85
I applied at the University of Greenwich for MSc. Sustainable Environmental Science and my programme officer who I was instructed to send then forms to is Peter Vlahos. What about you?
Original post by kosb
I got an update:h: My award has been confirmed by CSC and I have been directed to get in touch with a contact person at a local british council in my country to help with visa application and pre-departure briefing. I was told that the hard copy of the award confirmation letter has been despatched and this I wld use for the visa processing.

Anyone else with an update?

Congratulations Kosb ! :smile: Wish you all the best. Still waiting for the confirmation over here.
Reply 87
Original post by Kogosi
I applied at the University of Greenwich for MSc. Sustainable Environmental Science and my programme officer who I was instructed to send then forms to is Peter Vlahos. What about you?

University of Liverpool, International Business. My program officer is Irene Costello..
Reply 88
Original post by Kassi
Hi Kosb...Have you gotten your award letter?

Yes dear I have. Some 3 days ago.

Would proceed with my visa application next week. My CAS is expected on Monday and I have been scheduled for Tuberclosis Test on Tuesday ( a requirement for the visa application from my country and likewise some other countries)

All the best guys
Reply 89
Original post by kosb
Yes dear I have. Some 3 days ago.

Would proceed with my visa application next week. My CAS is expected on Monday and I have been scheduled for Tuberclosis Test on Tuesday ( a requirement for the visa application from my country and likewise some other countries)

All the best guys

Good to hear that.. I wish u all the best in the Visa application process. Im happy for you.. We wl patienly wait to see what wil happen in the coming days.. Whats d content of the letter Kosb....? Just been curious anyway
Reply 90
Original post by Kassi
Good to hear that.. I wish u all the best in the Visa application process. Im happy for you.. We wl patienly wait to see what wil happen in the coming days.. Whats d content of the letter Kosb....? Just been curious anyway

Jst a repetition of the obvious...the award content and parties involved, a list of other commonwealth scholars and their contacts in the UK (some in a related field,some from my school and some from my country) that wld help wit some advice as to what to expect, lastly an Invitation to the commonwealth scholars get together that wld happen sometime in November at Nottingham University.
Reply 91
Original post by kosb
Jst a repetition of the obvious...the award content and parties involved, a list of other commonwealth scholars and their contacts in the UK (some in a related field,some from my school and some from my country) that wld help wit some advice as to what to expect, lastly an Invitation to the commonwealth scholars get together that wld happen sometime in November at Nottingham University.

Thanks a lot.. I wll let you know of any update about my award letter... There is a Ghanaian shared scholar coming to Cambridge with you. Her name is Deborah Seyram Fiatui, though I have not been in contact with her. But I believe she should receive her award letter too since you are in the same university.
Original post by kosb

That's wonderful. Very happy for you. :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by Kassi
University of Liverpool, International Business. My program officer is Irene Costello..

Okay that is great, let us wait for the confirmation. I know it will be sent soon. Where are you from? I come from Kenya
Reply 94
Original post by Kogosi
Okay that is great, let us wait for the confirmation. I know it will be sent soon. Where are you from? I come from Kenya

Im from Ghana. ..
I know someone from Nigeria who has already heard from CSC and had the award letter too. The person got the award from Cambridge.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Kassi
Im from Ghana. ..
I know someone from Nigeria who has already heard from CSC and had the award letter too. The person got the award from Cambridge.

Yea the Cambridge ones are all out, I saw their website with the names of those awarded but ours will just come.
hi all,

im from Ghana and a shared scholar bound for uni of exeter.

i really am happy to find this forum because i was searching for students with similar experiences as well.

kassi, have you done your tb test already? i have and im now also waiting for the award letter just like most of us.it appears they are sending the letters in alphabetical order because i remember kossi getting response from cambridge late but is the first to receive his/her award letter.
congrats kossi.
Original post by Kogosi

i sent mine on 3rd June.
Reply 98
Ours will just come
Original post by kosb

hi kosb,
congrats on your award.just curios,what is the value of the stipend for 2015-2016 because it appears the amount is adjusted upwards each year. last year i.e 2014-15 was 977 for those outside London and 1208 for those within London. this is set by the UK government for all awardees on UK government funded scholarship programmes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending