The Student Room Group

Family Guy vs American Dad

Poll

What show is better?

Which is better; Family Guy or American Dad?

Discuss.

Scroll to see replies

I like how Stan in American Dad parodies the proud of American patriotism occasionally. It has a ring to it!

Family Guy has a 'special' humor and I like it too, but there is not a certain feature as in American Dad.
American dad.
South park.
American Dad hands down - the characters are so much better.

Spoiler

Reply 5
Generally speaking, American Dad is funny while Family Guy isn't particularly.
They both suck balls, but American Dad is worse.
Original post by Reluire
American Dad hands down - the characters are so much better.

Spoiler

Agree wth you. Roger and Stan are more than enough to watch this American TV series.
Original post by Kallisto
Agree wth you. Roger and Stan are more than enough to watch this American TV series.

And Klaus. Don't forget Klaus.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Family Guy. I feel like Americam Dad was a side piece.
This isn't even a competition, Family Guy is mostly awfull, relying on random humour and shock humour that wears off fast, while American Dad is actually funny and more intelligent. Family Guy is terrible.
Family Guy
American Dad, the jokes rely on the plot quite a lot more.
Original post by Ndella
Family Guy. I feel like Americam Dad was a side piece.

When they reference something in American Dad I always expect a cutaway. The cutaways alone make Family Guy more enjoyable IMO.
Original post by Reluire
And Klaus. Don't forget Klaus.

Spoiler

Matter of taste. The named three caharacters above are funnier. Just because they have 'special' sides: Stan his patriotism, Steve his nerdy image and Roger his weakness for costumes.
American Dad hands down. Love Roger, haven't watched an episode of family guy and found it funny for a while.

Also: read the newspaper headlines in the opening sequence, they're quite witty.
Family Guy's jokes are random and repetitive, but funny.
I have yet to spot something that I would consider a joke in American dad.
family guy... my 2nd would be cleveland show
i lurrrv stewie & brian :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Family Guy, I don't like American Dad.
Hey, guys. Could it be that we have had such a thread once before? It seems that I have a deja vu...

Quick Reply