The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Not long back from interrailing, ****ing wrecked. Was amazing though, kinda sad to be back because I miss exploring new places, but I'm happy to be reunited with my other half. We spent the last two days together and it was incredible, I'm so happyyyyyy :smile: and I graduate this Tuesday :biggrin: I got my dress today so I'll upload a photo of my graduation on Wednesday :smile:

Love you guys :suith:
just catching up with this thread and there are so many amazing results - well done guys!!

I'm currently struggling with finding something to wear to graduation. I have until the 14th so I should find something eventually!

Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather!
Original post by venuswaltz
just catching up with this thread and there are so many amazing results - well done guys!!
I'm currently struggling with finding something to wear to graduation. I have until the 14th so I should find something eventually!
Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather!

I struggled so much finding something yesterday. Literally was nothing in any of the shops, I ended up having to buy a petite dress even though I'm 5ft 6" (still fits luckily because the original dress was knee length so it is actually a nicer length now), but still. Gah. So stressful. I hope you get sorted :suith:
Original post by snailsareslimy
Not long back from interrailing, ****ing wrecked. Was amazing though, kinda sad to be back because I miss exploring new places, but I'm happy to be reunited with my other half. We spent the last two days together and it was incredible, I'm so happyyyyyy :smile: and I graduate this Tuesday :biggrin: I got my dress today so I'll upload a photo of my graduation on Wednesday :smile:

:lovehug:
Am I allowed to cry? My masters Diss is due 15/09 and I just received a letter this morning that my supervisor is leaving the uni so I need to be reallocated. I am super stressed. That means resubmission and discussion about everything and it doesn't look like reallocation will happen until end of July :frown:
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Am I allowed to cry? My masters Diss is due 15/09 and I just received a letter this morning that my supervisor is leaving the uni so I need to be reallocated. I am super stressed. That means resubmission and discussion about everything and it doesn't look like reallocation will happen until end of July :frown:

:hugs: It will be okay :hugs:
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours

Is this psychology? And how much have you done so far?
So have finished the first week of my placement and am currently living at home, and I am really bored!
Literally all my friends have full time jobs and have girlfriends, pretty much like settled down, and it's really depressing going from a university lifestyle to conventional life, I hate it. I need something or someone to keep my occupied for a year, because if it's as exciting as this then :frown:
so I should get results at latest next Tuesday :frown: I'm getting so impatient now
Original post by Slowbro93

Thanks, I hope so. He emailed me there saying he is still available for advice and whatever in addition to whoever I get reallocated to.

Original post by Jackso
Is this psychology? And how much have you done so far?

I am on the discussion part so I guess I am overthinking it but I am just stressing in case they want me to redo lots of work which my previous supervisor thought was ok. It's education but a quantitative study so probably quite a lot of overlaps with psychology.
Just got my results and am graduating with a first :biggrin: so pleased!

thanks for a great 3 years of encouragement and advice guys. Good luck to everyone for next year!
Has anybody here changed courses after a year and know how the certificate of higher education works? I've passed 120 credits (year 1) and just wondering if I even qualify for one
Just checked my results and I am absolutely beside myself.

Averaged 75 in the second year and passed everything!!!

There has to be a mistake one exam I was certain I had failed, I must have, I could only answer a couple of questions everything else was a hail Mary the absolute best I could have hoped for was 40 at a huge stretch. I was only confident with 16/100. It was the worst exam I have ever had. Anyway somehow I got 80. Surely they've made a mistake I didn't even attempt the last 10 marks.

Not that I'm complaining.
Original post by nervous_101
Just checked my results and I am absolutely beside myself.

Averaged 75 in the second year and passed everything!!!

There has to be a mistake one exam I was certain I had failed, I must have, I could only answer a couple of questions everything else was a hail Mary the absolute best I could have hoped for was 40 at a huge stretch. I was only confident with 16/100. It was the worst exam I have ever had. Anyway somehow I got 80. Surely they've made a mistake I didn't even attempt the last 10 marks.

Not that I'm complaining.

Congratulations!
I'm not sure how your exam was set out, but it's all about the quality, and their standards are different to yours :smile: (especially as they may have compared with other students). I remember one exam in my first year I thought I might have failed. The first question was total guess work, and for the last essay I wrote 3 small paragraphs and bullet listed the rest because I suddenly doubted that I was writing about the right thing. It was the first exam I'd gotten a first in, strangely enough! Whatever marks they want to give I'm happy to take!
Congratulations to everyone who's gotten their results!

I get mine tomorrow while going through the induction for work. I'm hoping the supervisors leave the room at some point so I can check my results. Except my phone is a shoddy piece of **** and doesn't work that well so my results will take forever to load.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
Congratulations to everyone who's gotten their results!

I get mine tomorrow while going through the induction for work. I'm hoping the supervisors leave the room at some point so I can check my results. Except my phone is a shoddy piece of **** and doesn't work that well so my results will take forever to load.

Good luck, I'm sure you won't need it!
Also, pop to the toilet and check :smile:
Original post by sliceofcake
Congratulations!
I'm not sure how your exam was set out, but it's all about the quality, and their standards are different to yours :smile: (especially as they may have compared with other students). I remember one exam in my first year I thought I might have failed. The first question was total guess work, and for the last essay I wrote 3 small paragraphs and bullet listed the rest because I suddenly doubted that I was writing about the right thing. It was the first exam I'd gotten a first in, strangely enough! Whatever marks they want to give I'm happy to take!

Thanks

It was a physics exam. No essays or anything and not really open to interpretation, you could either answer the question or you couldn't (and for the most part I couldn't).

What I think happened is either everybody tanked it and they bumped all the marks up (everyone I spoke to also found it ridiculously hard) or my paper got mixed up with someone else's when they entered the grades.

Whatever the case I'm over the moon.
Hiiiiii guys!! My old account was MyName??! Gaah! Been months since my last post!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snailsareslimy

Oh My GOD! Congratulations!!! I've missed out on so much its ridiculous.. Congratulations on finishing your degree and your other half 😊😊😍😍😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Slowbro93

Craaaaaiiigggg I'm going to cry... Iv missed you guys so much! Been through hell these 4 months and I forgot the second account I made... And and and! Just so much to sayyyy.

Still off to Leeds? 😦😣😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest