The Student Room Group

Easy a level for fourth choice?

i want to know if there are any for a fourth choice i could consider where it is easy to get an A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
General studies , health&asocial care, ethics/philosophy,media studies are all pretty easy a levels
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shel123
General studies , health&asocial care, psychology , media studies are all pretty easy a levels

You think psychology is an easy A-Level? Have you even taken psychology? You know it's up there in the top A-Levels with the lowest A*A percentage achievement on the statistics tables....

Posted from TSR Mobile
RE is piss easy, apparently.
media studies :3
Reply 5
Sociology
Reply 6
Maths with S1 and S2 modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shel123
General studies , health&asocial care, ethics/philosophy,media studies are all pretty easy a levels

Philosophy? Its meant to be one of the hardest a levels. :/
Those saying Philosophy and ethics is easy are wrong, take it from people who study those subjects.

Why not speak to those studying A levels to see what it is like etc.

Unfortunately,no A level is easy, they are all hard in different ways and a subject I could find easy would be difficult for you unless you mean in general terms.
Original post by arfah
Sociology

The AS is doable, however the A2 is anything but easy, took up double the amount of time compared to Bio& Chem:s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by Chemi5try
The AS is doable, however the A2 is anything but easy, took up double the amount of time compared to Bio& Chem:s-smilie:

Same goes with psychology the AS is fairly straight forward memory of theories etc , memory of the content is doable however A2 is another story ..
Class civ isn't too hard if your college offers it, although resistitant materials takes a lot of commitment it isn't too taxing, anecdotally people say that philosophy and ethics is easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Philosphy and ethics is easy, I do it, it's a great way to get an A*!

Media Is a little too weak I'd say, even for a 4th.
Original post by Walkeer_1
You think psychology is an easy A-Level? Have you even taken psychology? You know it's up there in the top A-Levels with the lowest A*A percentage achievement on the statistics tables....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure Business Studies has like 3% A* rate... But it's one of the easiest by far
I would say something like Media, ICT, Travel and Tourism etc. either something with all coursework so no exams or something that only have 1/2 exams that are generally easy content wise
Original post by BWV1007
Maths with S1 and S2 modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unless you're autistic, Maths will not be an 'easy A level' that you can just get an A in with no effort
biology
Original post by youreanutter
i want to know if there are any for a fourth choice i could consider where it is easy to get an A

i mean, you've made the classic mistake here of assuming that there's an easy a-level out there :P

but seriously, IF (and only if) you are good at memorising things: psychology. this website called loopa has books with perfect essays in them - memorise the content and you'll get an easy A*. but like i said, that's only easy if you have a good memory, and the books don't tend to help out with homework etc

btec courses are probably your next best bet, a lower qualification but so long as you pick the right one you can ace it, and of course there's general studies or epq, although that's usually either compulsory or non-existent at schools or colleges.

if you're thinking of ucas points or CVs, don't forget there are other things you can do which ultimately equate to an a-level (dofe, music grades etc)

talk to year 12s and 13s if you're really stuck - they'll know both which a-levels are easiest AND which teachers are the best. hope it all works out for you
Reply 18
Original post by tylerdaniel
i mean, you've made the classic mistake here of assuming that there's an easy a-level out there :P

but seriously, IF (and only if) you are good at memorising things: psychology. this website called loopa has books with perfect essays in them - memorise the content and you'll get an easy A*. but like i said, that's only easy if you have a good memory, and the books don't tend to help out with homework etc

btec courses are probably your next best bet, a lower qualification but so long as you pick the right one you can ace it, and of course there's general studies or epq, although that's usually either compulsory or non-existent at schools or colleges.

if you're thinking of ucas points or CVs, don't forget there are other things you can do which ultimately equate to an a-level (dofe, music grades etc)

talk to year 12s and 13s if you're really stuck - they'll know both which a-levels are easiest AND which teachers are the best. hope it all works out for you

Same level qualification*
Original post by yt7777
Same level qualification*

apologies!!

Quick Reply

Latest