I hate my aunt :'(

Watch
Maria1812
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I feel so sad because I am always kind and they just take advantage of you. I feel like no one listens to me I feel sometimes so lonely I hate my aunty in particular she is always kind when she wants something you give up your own bed when she vistis and when you come in the morning when she wakes up and want to talk to her and sit on my bed she calls says you are ******ed and for her safety I turn off the phone charger wich is near the bed when she sleeps to make sure it is safe. I have those dreams that I don't think any of my family understand their attitiude is if you won't suceed everything will be ok you don't need to go to the best university. This really hurts me I had this dream of being gastroenterologist and my aunt always mocks me especially when I talk about things to do wih gastroenterology like ibs.

I am just hurt she even said herself I am only kind to get what I want and I am kind to others but not you. She hurts my feelings I wished she never come I have anxiety which no one understands apparently I am ridiculous and shoul get over my fears. I don't know what to do I feel just sad I have to study hard and nothing is going my way I feel like a failure I feel like I should give up because my dreams are unrealistic and I will never become a gastroenterologist because I am just a stupid person with this dream
agentawesome
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Maria1812)
I feel so sad because I am always kind and they just take advantage of you. I feel like no one listens to me I feel sometimes so lonely I hate my aunty in particular she is always kind when she wants something you give up your own bed when she vistis and when you come in the morning when she wakes up and want to talk to her and sit on my bed she calls says you are ******ed and for her safety I turn off the phone charger wich is near the bed when she sleeps to make sure it is safe. I have those dreams that I don't think any of my family understand their attitiude is if you won't suceed everything will be ok you don't need to go to the best university. This really hurts me I had this dream of being gastroenterologist and my aunt always mocks me especially when I talk about things to do wih gastroenterology like ibs.

I am just hurt she even said herself I am only kind to get what I want and I am kind to others but not you. She hurts my feelings I wished she never come I have anxiety which no one understands apparently I am ridiculous and shoul get over my fears. I don't know what to do I feel just sad I have to study hard and nothing is going my way I feel like a failure I feel like I should give up because my dreams are unrealistic and I will never become a gastroenterologist because I am just a stupid person with this dream
PM if you need to.
kprime2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Are you by any chance Pakistani, Indian or Bangladeshi?
cambio wechsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kprime2)
it seems improbable given their attitude toward her wanting to study medicine or go to a good university...

I don't think any of my family understand their attitiude is if you won't suceed everything will be ok you don't need to go to the best university.
kprime2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
it seems improbable given their attitude toward her wanting to study medicine or go to a good university...
Yeah but she's a girl. A lot of them tend to have that attitude towards girls. They're brought up and trained to become a housewife, and are discouraged from anything too overly ambitious.
Furios
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just drink man. ( I didn't understand anything you wrote in the op)
Maria1812
Rep:
?
No I am from Europe
Maria1812
Rep:
?
Yeah but she's a girl. A lot of them tend to have that attitude towards girls. They're brought up and trained to become a housewife, and are discouraged from anything too overly ambitious.
I think they feel like that because no one from my family have jobs such as a lawyer a doctor my grandad has his own carpenter business my grandma is a seamstress they are traditional I am against that I am not like them I would never be a mother or a house wife or a wife in fact
Yellow Sonic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I feel so sad
Talking through it helps . Why do you feel like you are a failure? if the exams aren't going your way you should maybe seek a tutor?

Aunties can be b**** it's best to ignore what they say. You can't convince everyone to think the way you do, but that doesn't mean you should give up!
Maria1812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yellow Sonic)
Talking through it helps . Why do you feel like you are a failure? if the exams aren't going your way you should maybe seek a tutor?

Aunties can be b**** it's best to ignore what they say. You can't convince everyone to think the way you do, but that doesn't mean you should give up!
I failed them I got an F in sicence I once had multiple tutors for maths all of them students there for the money they were like 50£ per hour and no very good at explaining
Yellow Sonic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I failed them I got an F in sicence I once had multiple tutors for maths all of them students there for the money they were like 50£ per hour and no very good at explaining
£50 is way too much! i feel for you. it seems like you tried very hard. Though the reason could be your revision technique? Are you resitting now?
Guy123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, you're independent and should be able to make your own choices. Don't let your family put you down, if they are against you doing what you want to do, then just still do it. Live your own life, if you want to be a doctor, be a doctor. If you don't want to get married, don't get married. If you want to live a life that is different from your family's expectations, then by all means, do so. I'm sure there are people who support you and there are plenty of opportunities out there. So just remember, don't let things like this pull you down, because they cannot restrict you all your life.
Maria1812
Rep:
?
£50 is way too much! i feel for you. it seems like you tried very hard. Though the reason could be your revision technique? Are you resitting now?
I will try next year harder science let me down because I learnt for weeks about waves and different energy resources but the test was about electricity and voltage which I had no idea about I was not well prepared next year I will try harder I am currently trying to remember 5 frnehc paragraphs I have done french for 3-4 weeks its hard most words are copied for examplar paragraphs my understanding is not very good I am trying to leanr words that mean nothing to me it is very annoying
aamirac
Report 6 years ago
you know what? just go for it. Reach your dreams, ambitions, and goals. Don't be let down with your aunts attitude. Another thing, if you are struggling with something then ASK YOUR TEACHERS FOR HELP. It may seem a bit generic but your teachers are there to help you. Question your teachers, challenge them. No you are not a stupid person for having dreams, persevere and keep on going. You can be the shining example when you become whatever you want to be. Sometimes it's good to break the rules and customs that have been integrated within you. Just go with what you want to, no because you have to.
Yellow Sonic
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I will try next year harder science let me down because I learnt for weeks about waves and different energy resources but the test was about electricity and voltage which I had no idea about I was not well prepared next year I will try harder I am currently trying to remember 5 frnehc paragraphs I have done french for 3-4 weeks its hard most words are copied for examplar paragraphs my understanding is not very good I am trying to leanr words that mean nothing to me it is very annoying
french is difficult! and youre right about them just teaching example paragraphs. are you doing GCSE's?

Good to see youre still motivated
Maria1812
Rep:
?
french is difficult! and youre right about them just teaching example paragraphs. are you doing GCSE's?

Yes
Maria1812
Rep:
?

Yes I am doing GCSE I think its quite stupid that I only did it for 3 weeks I never ever had french before and now they want us to do a speaking exam which is 15% of the grade
Blackstarr
Report 6 years ago
Don't let peoples words put you down.

I was told I was going to fail maths indirectly but I have passed it.

This should be your motivation, prove them wrong.
Blu3b1rD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am dealing with being forced to have a close relationship with my moms sister who I genuinely feel uncomfortable around. She always scolds me, preaches to me about how to live my life etc. yet she doesn’t live the best way I know. This relationship is being forced by my mother who I long to have a close relationship with. My aunt lives 6 hours away and visits for weeks on end during the holidays and summer. (Whenever there’s a good time and money she will be given) She's brings bad vibes around and is at EVERY family function or gathering. She leeches off my mom and dad financially yet she is 50 years old. I have tried talking to my mom woman to woman (I am 30 years old) but the moment I express what I feel about my aunt to my mom, I am ostracized an told that I am breaking my moms heart or that I am “disappointing” her. My mom has begun to care for my aunt (which is her younger sister) as if she is a daughter. Putting my aunt first before me all the time. She does things with her such as all the things I ask my mom to do with me. Such as going shopping, eating out i.e “girl time.” However, when my aunt comes into town my mom and her do all these things and never include me. What’s worse is when I established space between me and my aunt, my mother got angry at me and literally told me “ you better text your aunt.” Yet she never listens to WHY I DON’T want a close relationship with her. She only blames me. I have confided in my mother about some personal things going on in my life and she turns around and tells my aunt everything. I would rather she not. I feel like my Aunt is finally coming between my mother and I. Each time she comes to visit I get anxiety and dread the negative energy that follows her. My mother and I always end up fighting and once again my mother covets and protects her 50 year old little sister instead of her own daughter I do not know what to do. Please help.
solemasaolo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
i know right my aunt to she always be like I am going to report but I did nothing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads