The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'm pretty sure there is already a thread with 2000+ replies on this topic
Original post by Zaki Hendrix
I did ask who agrees and who disagrees. But thanks anyway.

This thread is the equivalent of an Atheist saying:

'What do you think of religion; btw I think Muhammad was a paedophile, a warlord, a mass-murderer and a child molester'

I'm not saying that Atheists should make such a thread (it's clearly immature and insensitive), but a lot of Muslims on this website behave in a way which is very caustic towards other people's religion as well as people who simply question Islam and when people create things such as the ex-Muslim thread in response to this, they then go on to claim that this website is racist and Islamophobic despite their constant antagonism towards everyone else
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Smug Life
i'm pretty sure there is already a thread with 2000+ replies on this topic

This will get merged with that thread.
Original post by yo radical one
This thread is the equivalent of an Atheist saying:

'What do you think of religion; btw I think Muhammad was a paedophile, a warlord, a mass-murderer and a child molester'

I'm not saying that Atheists should make such a thread (it's clearly immature and insensitive), but a lot of Muslims on this website behave in a way which is very caustic towards other people's religion as well as people who simply question Islam and when people create things such as the ex-Muslim thread in response to this, they then go on to claim that this website is racist and Islamophobic despite their constant antagonism towards everyone else

I just wanted a few opinions on my own thread, not someone elses. I'm not critisising the jews or the muslims but my opinion is based on my research. This is a hot topic in our geography lessons and I wanted a few opinions. Let's not get too deep into racism. That is not what this is about.
Palestine.

Attacking Israel consistently for a century and then moaning when they lose land in a war. They should all emigrate to Jordan/Egypt or stfu
Original post by Zaki Hendrix
Ok so this is a conflict which has been going on for well over 6 decades. What I want to know is who is to blame? My opinion at the moment is Israel is pushing things too far. Building on Palestinian land and breaking international laws. Oh and let's not forget the number of casualties in Palestine in comparison to Israel. Big difference.

I'd like to know what your opinions are. Who agrees and who disagrees?

I think there are many misconceptions that people frequently fall into when they get only a quick or distorted glimpse into this region and its history, and nevertheless feel compelled to form definite opinions on it.

Some of these basic misconceptions come through in your post.

For example, the concept of 'Palestinian land.' What does this term even mean? It is used in a number of wildly different ways each of which has very different legal and moral implications. That doesn't stop people from switching freely between these meanings without any indication or definition, even within the same sentence at times.

Are you using it here to mean 'Land which is currently under the civil administration of the Palestinian Authority as per the Oslo Accords'? Are you using it to mean 'Land which is privately-owned by Arab residents of the State of Israel or any territory she controls?' Or even the more expansive, 'All land within the former Palestine Mandate which was controlled by Jordan or Egypt up to the 1967 war, which is now somehow morally the possession of the Palestinian Arabs specifically and collectively'?

I would also suggest that you move beyond a simplistic view of the conflict which assigns rightness and wrongness based upon respective casualty counts. It is especially inappropriate in the context of this conflict in particular, where the major players on the Arab side actually work to maximise their own noncombatant casualties for the purposes of scoring propaganda victories among precisely the people who employ such simplistic reasoning. It also leads to a number of perverse conclusions, such as the idea that Israel would be more moral if she did not employ sirens, shelters, and antimissiles, and instead sent her civilian population up to the rooftops when being bombarded. This would increase Israeli casualty counts, and, by bodycount=morality logic, tilt the moral balance back towards Israel. This is clearly perverse.
Israel. Hardly rocket science unless you remain brainwashed by the Zionist media.

I recommend watching Dr Norman finklestein's interviews on YouTube. He himself is a Jewish man who spent the majority of his life studying the conflict. He is fantastic at addressing the truth:smile:
I would say Israel - let's face it, if Israel hadn't annexed Gaza and the West Bank there probably wouldn't be a conflict any longer - but the Palestinians certainly haven't helped themselves by turning violent and firing rockets at Israel.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
I would say Israel - let's face it, if Israel hadn't annexed Gaza and the West Bank there probably wouldn't be a conflict any longer - but the Palestinians certainly haven't helped themselves by turning violent and firing rockets at Israel.

The conflict in Gaza got worse when the Israelis gave the land back, so your logic is flawed.

If the Palestinians just wanted land then it wouldn't be the Israel/Palestine conflict, it would be the Israel-Egypt-Jordan/Palestine conflict.
Original post by felamaslen
The conflict in Gaza got worse when the Israelis gave the land back, so your logic is flawed.

Yes, but if Israel hadn't annexed Gaza in the first place and had left it part of Egypt, the conflict wouldn't have started.
Yes, but if Israel hadn't annexed Gaza in the first place and had left it part of Egypt, the conflict wouldn't have started.

The conflict which has been going on since the 1920s started because Israel conquered Gaza in 1967?
Those Zionists are thinking about the future. This is only the beggining of their plan.:beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Israel are the oppressors. Just murdering and massacring the Arabs one by one and stealing their land
Original post by queen-bee
Israel are the oppressors. Just murdering and massacring the Arabs one by one and stealing their land

One thing you will begin to notice, OP, is that the death-to-Israel crowd feel no shame about throwing out massive, hysterical statements with no regard for truth. The above is a case in point, a statement that has nothing to do with the world we live in, but will be endlessly and shrilly repeated in the hope that the taint will stick, or that people, hearing it so often, will become numb to how truly ridiculous and perverse it is.
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
One thing you will begin to notice, OP, is that the death-to-Israel crowd feel no shame about throwing out massive, hysterical statements with no regard for truth. The above is a case in point, a statement that has nothing to do with the world we live in, but will be endlessly and shrilly repeated in the hope that the taint will stick, or that people, hearing it so often, will become numb to how truly ridiculous and perverse it is.

Oh hush puppy. You can't say none of it is true,we see it on the news everyday. Not a single him has been built since the last destruction this time last year by the Israelis. In fact,the Israelis were loving the action,watching it on wide screen TVs. What broke my heart the most was those 4 little boys playing on the beach killed by Israelis soldiers.
Oh hush puppy. You can't say none of it is true,we see it on the news everyday. Not a single him has been built since the last destruction this time last year by the Israelis. In fact,the Israelis were loving the action,watching it on wide screen TVs. What broke my heart the most was those 4 little boys playing on the beach killed by Israelis soldiers.

Not true. Hamas have claimed responsibility for the attack. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your racist prejudices, right? http://www.thomaswictor.com/hamas-confirms-beach-deception-operation/
Original post by alexgr97
Not true. Hamas have claimed responsibility for the attack. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your racist prejudices, right? http://www.thomaswictor.com/hamas-confirms-beach-deception-operation/

Yeah sure they did. Zionist propaganda
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
The conflict which has been going on since the 1920s started because Israel conquered Gaza in 1967?
But between 1948 and 1967 Gaza was relatively peaceful compared to recently. There is no reason to suppose that had Israel not annexed it it would not be effectively a normal Egyptian province today. By 'conflict' I mean more the intifada and related events.

The conflict started before 1967.
Yeah sure they did. Zionist propaganda

Nice, you carry on with that support for a genocidal terrorist organisation with a fetish for murdering Jews. Stay classy.
But between 1948 and 1967 Gaza was relatively peaceful compared to recently. There is no reason to suppose that had Israel not annexed it it would not be effectively a normal Egyptian province today. By 'conflict' I mean more the intifada and related events.
Yeah Israel is totally at fault for existing. If only Israel didn't exist, then it would never have been attacked by a bunch of lunatic Arab armies and taken the land in the subsequent wars.

Latest

Trending

Trending