The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A lot of critisism there about my first post. I made a few comments based on examples I've seen. I don't see why casualty count is "innaproppriate." Tell that to all the Israeli and Palestinian families that it shouldn't be considered. Of course it is appropriate. From that data we can see the difference in numbers which acts as a springboard to see if there is also a difference in the level of destruction. Gaza have not helped by firing rockets over of course but let's not forget. East Jerusalem is a holy area for muslims and without any consideration for this it was given to the Israeli community. The lack of thought and consideration started this. I don't blame the muslims at all.

Oh and let's not forget something. About a decade ago a conflict between Lebanon and Israel occurred. Funny how Israel seems to be caught up in the fight all the time.
Original post by queen-bee
Oh hush puppy. You can't say none of it is true,we see it on the news everyday. Not a single him has been built since the last destruction this time last year by the Israelis. In fact,the Israelis were loving the action,watching it on wide screen TVs. What broke my heart the most was those 4 little boys playing on the beach killed by Israelis soldiers.

You made vast and ludicrous claims in your original post which barely, if at all, interact with the world that actually exists. What you have done here is equivalent to screaming in the middle of the street "That man murdered my parents!" and then when asked for specifics about the murder explain how he bumped your shoulder...and that's it. "But it really hurt!"
Original post by alexgr97
Nice, you carry on with that support for a genocidal terrorist organisation with a fetish for murdering Jews. Stay classy.
Yeah Israel is totally at fault for existing. If only Israel didn't exist, then it would never have been attacked by a bunch of lunatic Arab armies and taken the land in the subsequent wars.

Hahahah the only one who gets excited and start celebrating when Palestinians are murdered are the zionists. Calm yourself little boy
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
You made vast and ludicrous claims in your original post which barely, if at all, interact with the world that actually exists. What you have done here is equivalent to screaming in the middle of the street "That man murdered my parents!" and then when asked for specifics about the murder explain how he bumped your shoulder...and that's it. "But it really hurt!"

Go turn on the news the next time Israel decides to invade gaza and watch the international community begging the zionists to stop killing Palestinians. Theyre so evil that they were even attacking refugee camps where people were being treated and shelling hospitals. These people are cold blooded murderers
Original post by Zaki Hendrix
A lot of critisism there about my first post. I made a few comments based on examples I've seen. I don't see why casualty count is "innaproppriate." Tell that to all the Israeli and Palestinian families that it shouldn't be considered. Of course it is appropriate.

Israel builds shelters, has alarm systems, invests millions in rocket defense systems.
Gaza does nothing, except Hamas forces its civilians to stay where they are to rack up the civilian death count and builds tunnels into Israel. I wonder what these tunnels could be used for? They sound like a lovely playground to me.

East Jerusalem is a holy area for muslims and without any consideration for this it was given to the Israeli community.

Muslims can go into East Jerusalem...in fact, don't forget about 20% of the Israeli population is Muslim.

Oh and let's not forget something. About a decade ago a conflict between Lebanon and Israel occurred. Funny how Israel seems to be caught up in the fight all the time.

Because it's surrounded by a bunch of antisemites whose own charters declare their desire to eradicate the Jewish state!
Hahahah the only one who gets excited and start celebrating when Palestinians are murdered are the zionists. Calm yourself little boy

Nope, the only one that celebrates when people die is you.

Answer me this - do you support a two state solution, bringing peace and harmony to the region?
Original post by SotonianOne
Palestine.

Attacking Israel consistently for a century and then moaning when they lose land in a war. They should all emigrate to Jordan/Egypt or stfu

WHHATTT????
Palestine.

Attacking Israel consistently for a century and then moaning when they lose land in a war. They should all emigrate to Jordan/Egypt or stfu

Learn your history.It was the Arab states who attacked Israel most of this century,not Palestine.
Nope, the only one that celebrates when people die is you.

Answer me this - do you support a two state solution, bringing peace and harmony to the region?

Nope because anyone with common sense knows it wouldn't work out. Israel are always greedy for more land
Nope

Here you go then. You don't believe the Jewish people have a right to self-determination. How does it feel being an antisemite? By your logic, Kosovo shouldn't have a state too. Anything to say about that?

because anyone with common sense knows it wouldn't work out. Israel are always greedy for more land

Going to back that up? Israel has consistently given up land (Sinai, Gaza etc.) and been met with nothing but rocket fire. In fact, Arafat was offered 98% of the land he wanted and it was HIM who rejected it!
Original post by Kadak
Learn your history.It was the Arab states who attacked Israel most of this century,not Palestine.

1910 Riots against Jews
1920 Riots against Jews
1930 Riots against Jews
1940 Civil War
1950 Civil War
1960 Domestic terrorism
1970 - 1990 roughly peaceful
1990 Beginning of Hamas, repeated incursions onto Israeli territory
2000 Continuation of Hamas, this time with more advanced guerilla warfare and tunnels
2010 Continuation of Hamas, this time with more frequent air strikes (in the form of mortars and occasional rockets)

I have learnt my history. Have you learn yours?

All the land that Israel has gained over the past century was purely due to wars with Palestine apart from Sinai and Golan Heights.
Nope because anyone with common sense knows it wouldn't work out. Israel are always greedy for more land

So why did they agree to the Oslo accords? Why did they give up Gaza?

Why did they give up Sinai, if you want to go further back?
A lot of critisism there about my first post. I made a few comments based on examples I've seen. I don't see why casualty count is "innaproppriate." Tell that to all the Israeli and Palestinian families that it shouldn't be considered. Of course it is appropriate. From that data we can see the difference in numbers which acts as a springboard to see if there is also a difference in the level of destruction. Gaza have not helped by firing rockets over of course but let's not forget. East Jerusalem is a holy area for muslims and without any consideration for this it was given to the Israeli community. The lack of thought and consideration started this. I don't blame the muslims at all.

Casualty count is inappropriate when it is used for propaganda and is provoked with the purpose of gaining sympathy from the media.
Muslims can live in East Jerusalem with no problem and can worship freely. I am currently living here for the summer (yes, East Jerusalem) and am going to class with Palestinians and Arab Israelis. None of them seem to have a problem with working/studying/living in a democratic country where they can practise their religion freely.
I think you aren't here to see the 2 sides of the debate - comments such as 'Funny how Israel...' give you away. I think you misunderstand the masochist obsession of neighbouring arab countries to attack Israel (perhaps you should read about how the Lebanon war started) and then cry over losing the conflict.

Israel is greedy for land? Giving up Gaza and Sinai is being greedy? Are you sure of what you're saying?
You honestly sound like that one classmate noone speaks to with all your 'Hahaha's, your 'little boys' and your 'hush puppy's. Your sympathy for the Palestinian cause seems to base itself on indoctrination and mockery of that you don't understand rather than structured, logical arguments.

Yeah Israel is totally at fault for existing. If only Israel didn't exist, then it would never have been attacked by a bunch of lunatic Arab armies and taken the land in the subsequent wars.

What? If Israel had just stuck to its 1948 boundaries everything would now be fine.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
But between 1948 and 1967 Gaza was relatively peaceful compared to recently. There is no reason to suppose that had Israel not annexed it it would not be effectively a normal Egyptian province today. By 'conflict' I mean more the intifada and related events.

1948: 13k Palestinians killed, 7k Israelis
1954 (IDF raids, fedayeen terrorists): 5k Palestinians killed, 1k Israelis
1956 (Suez): 2k Palestinians killed, 300 Israelis

Weird concept of "peaceful", especially as tanks and air strikes are not common from Israel today compared to back then in "peace"
I believe I am answering you respectfully and with full consideration. That is certainly my intention. But there is just so much in what you write that screams of a total unfamiliarity with this region and its situation and history. You write that
East Jerusalem is a holy area for muslims and without any consideration for this it was given to the Israeli community. The lack of thought and consideration started this.
Every aspect of this is simply incorrect and/or poorly understood. 'East Jerusalem' in general is not holy for Muslims. The al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock, contained within what Muslims call the Haram-al-Sharif, is considered the third holiest site in Islam. This is just a tiny part of 'East Jerusalem.' This location is also known as the Temple Mount, and was the location of the First and Second Jewish Temples long before the rise of Islam, and is the holiest site in Judaism. The Temple Mount/Haram al-Sharif, the part of East Jerusalem which is holy to both Jews and Muslims, is currently governed by Muslim religious authorities. Furthermore, 'East Jerusalem' was not 'given to the Israeli community.' It was captured by Israel from Jordan in 1967, after it had been captured by Jordan in 1948.
What? If Israel had just stuck to its 1948 boundaries everything would now be fine.

But then it got attacked and had to take the land to defend itself...unless you're suggesting you would have preferred Israel to keel over and let itself be destroyed?

I'm sure there was a conflict in 1948 for territory which was not started by Israel? Please correct me if I'm wrong!
1910 Riots against Jews
1920 Riots against Jews
1930 Riots against Jews
1940 Civil War
1950 Civil War
1960 Domestic terrorism
1970 - 1990 roughly peaceful
1990 Beginning of Hamas, repeated incursions onto Israeli territory
2000 Continuation of Hamas, this time with more advanced guerilla warfare and tunnels
2010 Continuation of Hamas, this time with more frequent air strikes (in the form of mortars and occasional rockets)

I have learnt my history. Have you learn yours?

All the land that Israel has gained over the past century was purely due to wars with Palestine apart from Sinai and Golan Heights.

Riots arent wars :facepalm.
1970 to 1990 mostly peaceful ?Clearly you havent learnt history if you think the 1973 yom kippur war and Israeli intrusion into Lebanon civil war was peaceful.
Im struggling to find this 1940 and 1950 civil war,it seems it only happened inside your head.
Your also forgetting the 1948 Israeli Arab conflict and all of Israel 's seized terrority,was taken from places cobtrolled by Arab states.
For example,Jordan controlled the West bank before Israel seized it in the Six day war.
You need to expand your mind outside Hamas,you didnt even mention PLO or any other group.