The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shahdog
Whereabouts you sitting in the stadium mate?

East stand upper tier, cheapest seats ygm. You?
Original post by leinad2012
Actually stunned people are stupid enough to believe we've any chance of signing Pedro when the guy literally signed a contract extension a month ago at Barca.....

Ah I don't know, if people believe we might sign Benzema for £18.5m, then they'll believe anything.
Last time I went Emirates cup was in 2010, beat Celtic 3-2. Good game and good banter with the Celtic fans aswell.
Original post by Arkasia
East stand upper tier, cheapest seats ygm. You?

Igy boss hahaa, how much was it?
I'm in the north bank which were 25 each. You a member too?
Original post by leinad2012
Actually stunned people are stupid enough to believe we've any chance of signing Pedro when the guy literally signed a contract extension a month ago at Barca.....

Evra and Abidal both signed new contacts at their old clubs just days before leaving them
Original post by shawn_o1
Evra and Abidal both signed new contacts at their old clubs just days before leaving them

Evra was a 1 year extension with a new manager looming and a team in pieces and abidal was nearing the end of his career and had been at Monaco for only a year. Hardly the same as a guy who's been at Barca for YEARS who have just won the cl is it? Having said that I'm surprised he's signed an extension, he's obviously accepting his role as a bench warmer at his club.

Evra's was an automatic 1 year extension. Even once he 'signed' it, everyone knew he was off that summer.
Reply 3147
Haha Barcelona have a transfer ban..

So they sign Suarez for £75m last summer, and Arda Turan for £35m this summer.

The logic.
I lol'd inside.

(edited 8 years ago)
yessss Arteta confirmed signing a new deal :smile:
Original post by SA-1
Haha Barcelona have a transfer ban..

So they sign Suarez for £75m last summer, and Arda Turan for £35m this summer.

The logic.

Well the transfer ban means their "transfers" this summer can't turn out for barca until Jan 2016. So where are Aleix and Arda playing for the next five months (or are they effectively banned from playing? )
Original post by Shahdog
Igy boss hahaa, how much was it?
I'm in the north bank which were 25 each. You a member too?

£29, very decent price. Nah, online member only :/
Played again boys

IMG_20150707_195106.jpg
@The Shed End put that in the thread.
Well the transfer ban means their "transfers" this summer can't turn out for barca until Jan 2016. So where are Aleix and Arda playing for the next five months (or are they effectively banned from playing? )

They'll most likely be loaned out to their former clubs?
Original post by jam277

Would barca want to loan him back to athletico though? I mean I get the whole your enemies enemy is your friend, but would barca risk it considering the 13-14 season? And would the fans take him back even for 3 months?
Original post by jam277

Surely they will just keep playing for their current team until January when they can officially join? Whether they would actually be picked is another matter but it would make more sense than doing **** all for 6 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thing is, nothing has been said about them playing for their current team till January which makes me think that they will spend 6 months hanging about doing **** all. Does their transfer ban affect training and all that stuff? Or just playing for their new team?
Original post by sr90
Surely they will just keep playing for their current team until January when they can officially join? Whether they would actually be picked is another matter but it would make more sense than doing **** all for 6 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably gets complicated with who pays how much of the wages and ended up cup tied etc?

Easier to sign them up without all that nonsense and then make a decision as to where on loan afterwards.
Okay so Spurs have expanded the proposed capacity of their new stadium from 56,000 to 61,000 Erm, that means more than us. Nah I'm not having that.

That may leave us as the third largest ground rather than second behind Old Trafford. And yes these things are important. :colonhash:

Suggest we expand our seating capacity too. Srs.

Like who even are they?!??

Latest