The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside university sept 2016 start all nursing/midwifery

Hi, I'm Maxine. I have a place for sept 2016 for adult nursing at Teesside, has anyone else been offered a place for then? Would be nice to know who I'm going to be studying with. Also is there any others been given 2016 in any other nursing/midwifery courses. 😃😃😃

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maxvontat
Hi, I'm Maxine. I have a place for sept 2016 for adult nursing at Teesside, has anyone else been offered a place for then? Would be nice to know who I'm going to be studying with. Also is there any others been given 2016 in any other nursing/midwifery courses.

Hi! I'm going to be applying for Mental Health at Teesside for Sept '16 entry. How have you received an offer so early on for 2016? Did you apply with a year wait?
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Hi Maxine well done on your offer. I also have a place for adult nursing for Sept 2016 at Teesside 😃. There doesn't seem to have been many offers for that far in advance, although this thread might show a few more. I have been looking for a facebook page as there's one for sept 15 and jan 16 intake but nothing as yet for sept 16.
Reply 3
Original post by shellyjeff
Hi Maxine well done on your offer. I also have a place for adult nursing for Sept 2016 at Teesside 😃. There doesn't seem to have been many offers for that far in advance, although this thread might show a few more. I have been looking for a facebook page as there's one for sept 15 and jan 16 intake but nothing as yet for sept 16.

It's nice to know someone who is starting same time as me lol I haven't found a Facebook thread either but I'm a member of the Jan 2016 page and it's giving me info about uni life 😀
Hello I also have a place for adult nursing for September 2016. I've heard that if any spaces become available for this September we will be offered them first. When was your interview?
Aw I might just join that one then it's a bit too far in advance to start a page now isnt it lol. Will you be travelling to uni or living away from he? Seems like forever away but bet it will fly by 😁
Original post by CharleyHammer
Hello I also have a place for adult nursing for September 2016. I've heard that if any spaces become available for this September we will be offered them first. When was your interview?

Congratulations on your offer. I heard that too but next September will be perfect for me as my little boy will have started school so will save me having to sort a childminder so think I'll just stick with that date if they do. My interview was 18th Feb and I heard on 20th March.
Original post by shellyjeff
Congratulations on your offer. I heard that too but next September will be perfect for me as my little boy will have started school so will save me having to sort a childminder so think I'll just stick with that date if they do. My interview was 18th Feb and I heard on 20th March.

Thank you, I was so excited when I read it that I forgot to check when I started so I told everyone it was this year then had to tell them I got it wrong it's next year! Do you live near the Uni? My interview was 10th Feb and I heard on the 23rd March - worst wait ever
Reply 8
Original post by CharleyHammer
Thank you, I was so excited when I read it that I forgot to check when I started so I told everyone it was this year then had to tell them I got it wrong it's next year! Do you live near the Uni? My interview was 10th Feb and I heard on the 23rd March - worst wait ever

My interview was 12th December so was a fair while for me to wait but it was worth it I got an offer on 23 rd March I think it was I'm so excited I also got an offer for mental health too but chose to firm adult as I want to work in accident and emergency 😀
Reply 9
Here's a page I set up for sept 2016 starters search for it and I'll add you
Teesside university nursing sept 2016 starters

Look forward to meeting you all
Mqxine😀
Reply 10
Oh it's on Facebook btw haha
Did you apply last year and have a years gap. So for people like me who have submitted UCAS for September 2016 intake there are going to be less places as you guys already have some of them
Hi everyone,I have just send my ucas application today for 2016 September intake and this is my 3rd time trying...Will I be able to get in you think?
Original post by Danielmanchester
Did you apply last year and have a years gap. So for people like me who have submitted UCAS for September 2016 intake there are going to be less places as you guys already have some of them

I've had friends who applied for Sept 15 entry who were offered places for March or Sept 2016 as there were no more places for that September. Think they just start filling up for the next intake with students they like the look of :smile:
I applied last year to start in sept 2015 but due to the amount of people that applied they offered me sept 2016:smile: they said they get about 600 people applying for only 20 places for paediatric nursing!
Original post by Maxvontat
Hi, I'm Maxine. I have a place for sept 2016 for adult nursing at Teesside, has anyone else been offered a place for then? Would be nice to know who I'm going to be studying with. Also is there any others been given 2016 in any other nursing/midwifery courses. 😃😃😃

Hello I'm Sophie. I've been selected for an interview for Adult Nursing for nursing, at Teeside University. I would like to know how was the interview, does the maths test is similar to the simple test. What does the English test is about. What type of question are in the indivudial interview?
Reply 16
Original post by sophieyat
Hello I'm Sophie. I've been selected for an interview for Adult Nursing for nursing, at Teeside University. I would like to know how was the interview, does the maths test is similar to the simple test. What does the English test is about. What type of question are in the indivudial interview?

Hi - I had my adult nursing interview about a month ago. The maths test is very similar to test questions. You do the test on paper not computerised. English was also straightforward - scenarios so just apply what you know about nursing to answer the questions. You only have 20 mins for maths and 20 mins for English. I had time to answer maths and double check my answers but there are 3 scenarios for English so watch your timing and try to answer them all. Some people got asked additional questions about their responses at the individual interview - I didn't.

I think my interview took about 20/30 mins - it was as I expected challenging but fair and the interviewers were friendly and professional. I've talked to lots of people and the questions vary - its all about nursing (the field generally, aspects of the role and of course, the course). Read up about issues and try to refer to what you've learnt and read even if the questions doesn't directly ask about it.

Good luck - I don't think anyone has heard about offers yet - fingers crossed it should be sometime next month.
Oh thanks you so much I hope you have passed the selection test. I hope I will pass too. Should I learn about the current NHS issue as well?
Can I be part of this thread even though I'm going for occupational therapy :wink: was wondering if anyone has been slightly put off by Teesside's reputation? For occupational therapy, they only have a 65% graduate employment rate - should this be a worry? I don't know what that statistics are like for nursing though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys is there a facebook page been set up for those who start adult nursing (teesside) this sept?? Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending