The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2580
Original post by IanDangerously
I'm looking forward to watching that now just purely to see Brock throw the new day around, that should be a fun spectacle.

Fully expect him to go full HAM on the whole of the New Day.
Original post by Mackay
100%. Can't wait.
Balor's got a huge following in Japan, so I'd expect him to bag the title to free up Owens to take the US Championship off Cena.
I imagine Lesnar will batter each member of the New Day after dispatching with Kofi, too.

Nah I think they're gonna push with Lesnar's face/tweener run. So yeah he'll batter the new day but it will most likely be because the new day try to jump Lesnar first
Love how Lesnar has got Vince in his hand slightly. I'm sure I read only reason he agreed to this Japan date is that he wanted to go over and see a friend there and it's be cheaper to travel as he wouldn't have to pay some sort of travel tax..?
Original post by Mackay
The Rollins segment was him giving J&J Security new Apple watches, Kane a holiday to Hawaii, and the three of them a new Cadillac. It was all very bizarre, and was pretty much product placement.

Oh cr*p it was advertising, That went right over my head. I was just laughing over the whole intro, you were right the rest of it was just boring as hell, I was mainly on my laptop and I wanted to punch my tv at the end. Really don't understand the point of Bray coming back right at the end.
You guys need to head over to /r/SquaredCircle on reddit, best wrestling community there.
Reply 2585
Original post by AR_95
Nah I think they're gonna push with Lesnar's face/tweener run. So yeah he'll batter the new day but it will most likely be because the new day try to jump Lesnar first

Definitely. Woods is such a good slimy heel, but I think Big E is under-rated as one. Him eating celery backstage last week watching the Prime Time Players was hilarious.
Really enjoyed the Network special this morning for the most part. Jericho vs Neville was a great match, really fun way to open the show. Not sure that Neville should have lost but it was so competitive I don't think it hurt him at all, and Jericho gets his big heroic return to Japan. Didn't care much for the Divas match, it was just sort of there. Loved watching Brock throw the New Day around, it was exactly what I expected and wanted to see. How can anyone not love just seeing Brock destroy people? It's so freakin fun to watch.

Everything about the Owens/Balor segment of the show was excellent. Great video package hyping it up, big time entrances, and a really phenomenal match. So much drama, tons of emotional reactions, brilliant heeling from Owens riling up the crowd ... it was so different and fresh in presentation with being in Japan, and Balor winning the title was huge. Loved everything about that match. Didn't really care about the main event at all, fell very flat after the NXT title match and just felt like another paint by numbers Raw main event. It was alright but Balor should've closed the show.

Credit to Michael Cole as well, I know he gets a lot of crap from the internet at times but this was one of the best play-by-play performances on a wrestling show in the last few years. Really on form with the references and the moves and paying respect to Japan and its history.
That new NXT Diva who just debuted is gonna be a hit with the guys I'm sure.
Reply 2588
Great Beast in the East show.

Neville/Jericho took some beating as match of the night. Both performers were awesome. Good to see Jericho win with an old school move, and he's big in Japan so it's no surprise he went over. Neville was booked strong, though. He's such a talent. This sort of loss does nothing to hurt him. He was clearly on the level of one of the greatest competitors in wrestling history, and fans can both see and understand that.

The Lesnar match was exactly what we needed it to be. He looked weak on RAW last month, so the complete dismantling of the New Day was exceptionally constructed and he's clearly the company's marquee man. That pop was ludicrous. He gets bums on seats, and then bums off seats.

The Balor/Owens match delivered in every single way imaginable. What a delightful match. Owens is a classic heel, and the loss lets him be freed up to take Cena's US Championship at SummerSlam. Great to see Balor go over in Japan, too, because he's got such support there.
Original post by Mackay
Great Beast in the East show.

Neville/Jericho took some beating as match of the night. Both performers were awesome. Good to see Jericho win with an old school move, and he's big in Japan so it's no surprise he went over. Neville was booked strong, though. He's such a talent. This sort of loss does nothing to hurt him. He was clearly on the level of one of the greatest competitors in wrestling history, and fans can both see and understand that.

The Lesnar match was exactly what we needed it to be. He looked weak on RAW last month, so the complete dismantling of the New Day was exceptionally constructed and he's clearly the company's marquee man. That pop was ludicrous. He gets bums on seats, and then bums off seats.

The Balor/Owens match delivered in every single way imaginable. What a delightful match. Owens is a classic heel, and the loss lets him be freed up to take Cena's US Championship at SummerSlam. Great to see Balor go over in Japan, too, because he's got such support there.

Question for you: where does Cena go after Battleground or SummerSlam when he loses to Owens? After his match of the year contenders can you see him re-entering the title scene? Surely he's too good to just stick in the mid-card. I wouldn't mind a Reigns vs Cena WM match, the passing of the torch from the old face of the company to the new one.
Original post by Depleted
Question for you: where does Cena go after Battleground or SummerSlam when he loses to Owens? After his match of the year contenders can you see him re-entering the title scene? Surely he's too good to just stick in the mid-card. I wouldn't mind a Reigns vs Cena WM match, the passing of the torch from the old face of the company to the new one.

I think 2015 so far has been Cena's best year ever in terms of match quality and just bringing it in the ring every night. It's been great giving him the chance to work with some of the talents he doesn't normally work with, it's felt fresh for a change.

I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up back in the title picture though because Raw's ratings are down and their response to that in the past has always been a knee-jerk reaction to force the belt back on Cena, for better or worse.
Original post by Mackay

I thought that was Jericho's best performance since the Rey Mysterio feud a few years ago. A lot of his recent comebacks have just been kinda insipid and he's clearly looked like he's just there for the paycheck, but today he seemed to genuinely care about what he was doing.
Reply 2592
Original post by Depleted

Thing is, whoever Cena faces will attract money. He doesn't need to be on the main event. For me, I'd have the three Shield members feuding for the forseeable, akin to Rock/HHH/Austin in the back end of the 90s.

The Cena-Reigns thing is a good idea, though. The IWC would react well to a heel Reigns if he was to target Cena.
Reply 2593
Man, this Ziggler/Rusev angle needs to be dropped. Zero chemistry from all angles, but it's good to see that Rusev won't be on the shelf for too much longer.

Lesnar on the warpath was, once again, brilliant. Heyman stumbled a bit through his opening promo - something I'm not used to seeing from him given his experience and eloquence - but the culminating period of the show and its climax was great, and made sense to keep Rollins apart from the Beast via cowardly measures.

Also, Cena-Cesaro. What a match. Give Cesaro a run at Owens once he beats Cena for the US Championship at Battleground.
Original post by Mackay

Lesnar on the warpath was, once again, brilliant. Heyman stumbled a bit through his opening promo - something I'm not used to seeing from him given his experience and eloquence - but the culminating period of the show and its climax was great, and made sense to keep Rollins apart from the Beast via cowardly measures.

At what point does the booking of Rollins start to seriously hurt the momentum in the main event though? I think we might already be there, if Seth retains it devalues Brock a bit because he can't beat the guy who keeps running from him, and if he wins it means nothing because he beat a guy who can't beat anybody cleanly anyway.

The best they can do at this point is have Seth use the whole authority to stop Brock winning it this month and then do some kind of rematch where Seth has to stand on his own and repeat the Summerslam massacre from last year. Toss the Authority all over Brooklyn then 20 odd Germans, 4 F5s and a clean pin.
Reply 2595
At what point does the booking of Rollins start to seriously hurt the momentum in the main event though?

I agree. Rollins' booking does him no favours, of course, but he's on the verge of turning babyface I believe. The Authority will attack him, turning him babyface before the fall I think.
WWE are reporting that Noble suffered a broken arm on Raw and Mercury has a concussion. Hopefully the way they're going with this is to have Brock destroy Kane on Monday and injure him too to set up the idea that all Seth's buddies are out of the way at Battleground and it'll be a straight up fight with nobody getting involved. That's the way they should go with it.

Original post by Mackay
I agree. Rollins' booking does him no favours, of course, but he's on the verge of turning babyface I believe. The Authority will attack him, turning him babyface before the fall I think.

But how can anyone believe him as a babyface when he's been booked as a coward who has to cheat to actually beat anyone? Very short sighted, harmful booking if they go that way because people aren't ready/willing to cheer for him.
Reply 2597

But how can anyone believe him as a babyface when he's been booked as a coward who has to cheat to actually beat anyone? Very short sighted, harmful booking if they go that way because people aren't ready/willing to cheer for him.

Crowds will forget it because of his ring style. Especially if the heel in he rivalry is Triple H.
Reply 2598
This week's SmackDown spoilers, guys:

Spoiler

Hi

Quick Reply

Latest