The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Kassi
Hi Rahim... I'm also from Tamale.

I suspect I know you Kassi. Did you work at SoS before? As I saw your name, instantly I felt I knew you. Because all my life, I have known just 1 Kassi
Reply 141
Original post by Rahimx5
I suspect I know you Kassi. Did you work at SoS before? As I saw your name, instantly I felt I knew you. Because all my life, I have known just 1 Kassi

No please. .. But Im doing my service at Tamale polytechnic. kindly email me on: [email protected]
Original post by rahimx5
hi, since am also from ghana, can we form a whatsapp group?

thant sounds great
what isyour contact?
it appears the cambridge awardees are having aa field day whilst the rest f us wait.:frown:
Reply 144
Original post by snowball1130
thanks kassi, i almost wrote to my PO in respect of the same issue.
i keep refreshing my email almost very 30 minutes. i think i have developed compulsive obsessive disorder already.
i wonder, it seems some POs are faster than others over there at CSC.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
it seems all those who have gotten their awards are heading to Cambridge.
what about us the non cambridge ones?????
still waiting though

Lolz, u're funny. But i guess u are right there, it all depends on the PO. Take for instance, mine advised I scanned all my forms to her to avoid unnecessary delays that come with courier services.

Jst hang in there..Urs will get to u soon.
Reply 145
congrats AK12 on your award.
we hope to receive something positive from csc soon probably before the end of the week.
if i remember correctly, kosb got his confirmation last week Tuesday.also, the forms were receivedd on 26th may,which was also Tuesday.

Hey snowball, Kosb is a she plzzzzzzz:angry::wink:

My program officer Terri Jacques seems to be the fastest person there when it comes to correspondences (feeling fly and dancing azonto)
who and who out here are headed to Cambridge?
Reply 147
Original post by daemonhassan
who and who out here are headed to Cambridge?

Hey Hassan, that makes two of us! Are u also a commonwealth scholar?
Reply 148
Original post by kosb
Hey snowball, Kosb is a she plzzzzzzz:angry::wink:

My program officer Terri Jacques seems to be the fastest person there when it comes to correspondences (feeling fly and dancing azonto)

Kosb... how far with your visa application?
Reply 149
Original post by Kassi
Kosb... how far with your visa application?

Did my TB test today. Picked up the result 3 hours later. Still waiting for my CAS, seems to be taking a bit of time.

Visa online application i will start tomorrow. Don't really see the need to rush cos i got plenty of time. I chose sept 26th as my expected date of arrival (when filling in my details for flight booking). My school resumes Oct 1
Add me to the OCD Club ! :frown: I need to finalize my accommodation offer which expires on the 9th.. since it's a legally binding agreement I don't want to be too hasty. Also don't want to bother my univ co-ordinator since obviously they would not be knowing it either. And my PO already replied once last week that he'd be in contact very soon so don't wanna bug him again. Another bummer is that the only accommodation I got offered- no chance of changing- is one of the most expensive so now a big chunk of my stipend will go into that.

*pulls out hair*
it appears the cambridge awardees are having aa field day whilst the rest f us wait.:frown:

Seriously! Lol.
Reply 152
They will definitely come, may be the Reference numbers has something to do with how they send the confirmation of awards. Check the last three digits in your reference number and figure out where you could be and since the scholarships given out yearly are 250, I guess all the last digits start with are in between these ranges 001-250
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 153
Or may be some of the programme officers are quicker than others...
Reply 154
And possibly, the delay may be as a result of the number of scholars each programme officer handles..
(edited 8 years ago)
hi all,

im from Ghana and a shared scholar bound for uni of exeter.

i really am happy to find this forum because i was searching for students with similar experiences as well.

kassi, have you done your tb test already? i have and im now also waiting for the award letter just like most of us.it appears they are sending the letters in alphabetical order because i remember kossi getting response from cambridge late but is the first to receive his/her award letter.
congrats kossi.

I, Justin Jos, am an undergraduate student of law at National Law University Odisha, India. I had secured the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 for pursuing Masters (LL.M.) in International Human Rights Law at University of Exeter for the upcoming September 2015 session.I have also submitted the Award Acceptance and Data Processing Form, undertaken the required medical examination and submitted the Medical Form. My phyisician has also submitted via e-mail the Medical Examiners Report. However, I am still to receive the formal declaration of scholarship letter from CSSC.
Hey all! I, Justin Jos, am an undergraduate student of law at National Law University Odisha, India. I had secured the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 for pursuing Masters (LL.M.) in International Human Rights Law at University of Exeter for the upcoming September 2015 session.I have also submitted the Award Acceptance and Data Processing Form, undertaken the required medical examination and submitted the Medical Form. My phyisician has also submitted via e-mail the Medical Examiners Report. However, I am still to receive the formal declaration of scholarship letter from CSSC. I have been waiting for my formal letter of award. Any idea as to when the formal letter would come. Please add me to a whatsapp group if there is one for the purpose of Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. Would love to stay in touch with you all. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 157
It's like we now have a lot of scholars on the page.. Can we create a Facebook or whatsapp group for that? if possible invite other scholars to join. this I think will help us to keep in touch. .if possible elimate some frustrations before arriving in the UK in case we are all through with the award. ##Please im just suggesting.
Original post by qqoqqok
I, Justin Jos, am an undergraduate student of law at National Law University Odisha, India. I had secured the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 for pursuing Masters (LL.M.) in International Human Rights Law at University of Exeter for the upcoming September 2015 session.I have also submitted the Award Acceptance and Data Processing Form, undertaken the required medical examination and submitted the Medical Form. My phyisician has also submitted via e-mail the Medical Examiners Report. However, I am still to receive the formal declaration of scholarship letter from CSSC.

congrats justin, we hope to hear from the csc soon preferably by the end of this week.
while you are waiting,you may start your online application and other important preparatory works.
i hope it helps.
Original post by Kassi
It's like we now have a lot of scholars on the page.. Can we create a Facebook or whatsapp group for that? if possible invite other scholars to join. this I think will help us to keep in touch. .if possible elimate some frustrations before arriving in the UK in case we are all through with the award. ##Please im just suggesting.

good suggestion.then you have to be the administrator because i strongly believe that we will all make it to the uk come September 2015.
im waiting for the invite.
all the best.
will still call you though.i have problem with the mouth piece of my phone so if i call you cannot hear my voice. i need to sort it out first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending