The Student Room Group

Why do girls give me signals, but never come up and talk to me?

I'm 18 (almost 19) at Uni and when i'm out at night or something, girls would sometimes make eye contact / give other signals that they're interested, but they never come up and talk to me first, they expect me to do it... Why?

Scroll to see replies

Ever thought of YOU going up and talking to them????? :s-smilie:
OP needs to realise that girls expect guys to make the first move. Only 1 or 2 girls have ever approached me...
Reply 3
Original post by KittyRe-play
Ever thought of YOU going up and talking to them????? :s-smilie:

It's so stupid how guys always has to make the first move, even if a girl finds them attractive they just wait and hope he comes up to them?...
Reply 4
It's just something you will have to learn to do if you want a girl, even the nicest most progressive girls in society will still expect the male to do the approaching. Also on a night out especially most girls will follow their friends, meaning the will see their friends being approached and would want the same happen to them because anything else would be sad or weird. They don't want to be seen as different from their friends.
Reply 5
What are these other signs?

So far, 'looking in your general direction' is a sign for sexy time.
Feminism at its finest - those double standard bitches.
Reply 7
Original post by A5ko
What are these other signs?

So far, 'looking in your general direction' is a sign for sexy time.

looking at me for a couple of seconds, doing this multiple times, smiling at me, standing directly next to me when talking with their friends at the bar etc. But they never actually talk to me first
Reply 8
Original post by Most Competitive
OP needs to realise that girls expect guys to make the first move. Only 1 or 2 girls have ever approached me...

Yeah i'm bad at starting up conversations though
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
looking at me for a couple of seconds, doing this multiple times, smiling at me, standing directly next to me when talking with their friends at the bar etc. But they never actually talk to me first

Standing next to you at the bar - That's called queuing.
Original post by A5ko

No what I mean is there is loads of space around the bar, and they decide to stand literally an inch next to me and talk to their friends,

Oh also pinching my bum when dancing lol
Reply 11
Oh also pinching my bum when dancing lol

In b4 sexual assault
Eye contact is not a signal. You simply happened to be in their line of sight and your image became projected on their retinas as a result.
It's so stupid how guys always has to make the first move, even if a girl finds them attractive they just wait and hope he comes up to them?...

It's a test to how much you like them and how confident you are so you can protect them. It's natural and probably comes from early humans.
Yeah i'm bad at starting up conversations though

Then you should improve your social skills and confidence. Girls seem to like that.
Original post by A5ko
What are these other signs?So far, 'looking in your general direction' is a sign for sexy time.

Original post by A5ko

These.

So many guys over think and over analyse stuff. Lots of girls make the move I'm afraid and if they really wanted to they'd do it.

It is pretty stupid, guys can be just as shy as girls sometimes
Original post by RoundTrip
These.

So many guys over think and over analyse stuff. Lots of girls make the move I'm afraid and if they really wanted to they'd do it.

Did you see the other things I said? I guess you think them pinching my bum isn't a sign either lol
Did you see the other things I said? I guess you think them pinching my bum isn't a sign either lol

A girl pinched my mates arse, he went back and pinched hers and then almost got knocked out by her bodybuilder boyfriend. Some girls are just attention seeking whores. I'm not saying they 100% weren't giving you signals but you can't assume that every glance means "come and **** me"
girls are wimps O.P.

it's a part of life.

and it's in the Man's guide to life 101

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending