The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015 Nominees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kassi
Hunter..Almost everyone here. we are on wait for the award letters. Which university did you get the award from?

Oh ok. Oxford University.
Goodness, since they said July and we now in July, I keep checking my mail frequently now. lol
Reply 181
Original post by Hunter14
Oh ok. Oxford University.
Goodness, since they said July and we now in July, I keep checking my mail frequently now. lol

Let's keep our fingers crossed n look up to the end of the week n shortly after. Which country are you from. im from Ghana.
Original post by Kassi
Let's keep our fingers crossed n look up to the end of the week n shortly after. Which country are you from. im from Ghana.

I am from Ghana too. lol Are you the one forming the face book page?
Reply 183
I am from Ghana too. lol Are you the one forming the face book page?

One of the members here is forming it and will let us know when he is done. Which part of Ghana are from Please?
Hello everyone,
Im finally happy to find this group. I am waiting for a confirmation from the CSC, as well as award letter. Is there anyone here who is still waiting for final confirmation.
Thanks

congrats on your award.
yes, there are a lot of us waiting for our awards. i wonder if they run some kind of lottery system at csc because most of us got the forms on 26th may but the confirmation is very erratic.
Original post by Kassi
One of the members here is forming it and will let us know when he is done. Which part of Ghana are from Please?

i come from sunyani and you? im heading for uni of exeter and u?
Original post by Kogosi
And my facebook name is Justus Amayo. Let us just be patient even Oxford University still have theirs being processed and have not announced them just yet. Check it out here
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding/graduate-scholarships/university-wide-scholarships/commonwealth-shared-scholarships-scheme
So let us just be patient. I know it's not easy to since I'm also finding it very uncomfortable

Hey! I have sent you a friend request over Facebook, please accept it.
Original post by snowball1130
i come from sunyani and you? im heading for uni of exeter and u?

I am in Accra.
Hello everyone! Emmanuel has created a Facebook group titled "Commonwealth Shared Scholarship 2015/16". Please add yourselves to the group and tell others also to add themselves as long as they are CSS awardees.
I am in Accra.

have you done the tb test bro?
have you done the tb test bro?

Not yet. Didn't know it could be done before the confirmation.
Not yet. Didn't know it could be done before the confirmation.

yes it could be done before the confirmation.
the tb test certification is valid for 6 months,for example if you did it in June , it will expire in December and i think by that time you are in the uk then.its better to do it early to avoid rush and also the cedi depreciation isn't helping at all.
god forbid,ft your x ray chest result is inconclusive,you the need sputum test which takes minimum of 8 weeks to get the results,so the earlier you do it ,the better.
i hope it helps.this is applicable to all tier 4 visa applicants.
Original post by Kassi
That's Ok.. U dont need to rush as u said. My program starts Sep. 28th and all international students should arrive a tleast few days to the start date. Do you have to fill a form for flight booking, and when is that?

i think your schedule officer at uni of liverpool will handle that. all you have to do is to inform him/her when your visa is approve and the schedule date you intend to arrive in the uk.
Original post by kosb
Did my TB test today. Picked up the result 3 hours later. Still waiting for my CAS, seems to be taking a bit of time.

Visa online application i will start tomorrow. Don't really see the need to rush cos i got plenty of time. I chose sept 26th as my expected date of arrival (when filling in my details for flight booking). My school resumes Oct 1

congrats kosb.by the time you arrive in the uk, i will be almost finisihed to hand over my first assignment already lol.:colondollar:
Reply 194
I am in Accra.

Hunter. .. Im from Tamale.
Reply 195
Original post by Kassi
That's Ok.. U dont need to rush as u said. My program starts Sep. 28th and all international students should arrive atleast few days to the start date. Do you have to fill a form for flight booking, and when is that?

Ur school should make provision for ur flight. So i got my flight booking form the same time the CSC forms were sent. I was basically asked to choose an international airport and date for departure.

I have searched for the facebook grp but saw no result. Please i need a guide
Reply 196
congrats kosb.by the time you arrive in the uk, i will be almost finisihed to hand over my first assignment already lol.:colondollar:

U are a funny guy i swear.

Well its cool, with ur advice, settling in wldnt then be problem for me:smile:. U must have made all the initial mistakes...lolz. One love!
Reply 197
Original post by kosb
Ur school should make provision for ur flight. So i got my flight booking form the same time the CSC forms were sent. I was basically asked to choose an international airport and date for departure.

Ok i figured it out. Its "Commonwealth Shared Scholars 2015/16"
NB: Its scholars and not scholarship
Reply 198
Original post by kosb

That's ok. . I wll find out from my administrator.

The group name is: Commonwealth Shared Scholars 2015/2016
Original post by uzohanselm
I wonder if reserve list candidate stands any chance of winning the CSC award

there is no harm in being hopeful.
you be among the counted ones come September 2015.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending