The Student Room Group

Sofia Medical University Bulgaria.

Hi there I am a Uk first year med student in Sofia MU. If anybody has any questions on how things are here would love to answer them. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I'm from the UK looking to apply to Sofia. I have A-levels AAA in chemistry, physics and maths. I also have AS-level biology at grade B. How did you apply to the university, by yourself? Or through an agency? If so, which one? What's the university like? Teaching facilities etc? Are you enjoying the city?! What's it like? How's the food? What are the living costs? Are there many other UK students? Would you recommend me apply to Sofia? Sorry about asking so many questions :smile: :smile:
Hey! Congratulations, the university has a very good reputation.
I was wondering what the life is like? Are there problems being a foreign student? How are you coping with the language difference? Are the lessons good in english? Overall do you enjoy the life in Sofia? Could you give a somewhat detailed description of the pros and cons?

I am Bulgarian and fluent in 4 languages and am going into A2 with Bio, Chem, Phys and spanish and am expecting A in all this August, however I will apply here aswell as I like the lifestyle. I'm gonna apply as a foreign student as I want to be taught in english (which is probably better than my bulgarian)
Thanks in advance!
Reply 3
Hi, I'm interested in applying to Sofia just wanted to know how you applied, if you applied through an agency which one and how helpful were they? Plus just curious what helped you in deciding what uni to choose in terms of choosing between Sofia, Plovdiv, Pleven and Varna?
Reply 4
Original post by Sanara
Hi, I'm interested in applying to Sofia just wanted to know how you applied, if you applied through an agency which one and how helpful were they? Plus just curious what helped you in deciding what uni to choose in terms of choosing between Sofia, Plovdiv, Pleven and Varna?

Hey, I'm just curious to who else has applied to study in one of these unis aswell. I applied for both Sofia and Plovdiv through Tutelage Ltd. They took over the application process for me including translation and legalisation. They have also said to me that they will travel with me to Bulgaria before term starts to get a feel of the area. I had a look at a few agencies but this one was by far the cheapest and they seem like really nice people. They've kept me up to date with my application etc. I have ended up deciding to go to Plovdiv but that's only because my mates have decided to go there too, always nice to know someone in a completely different country!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ambeya
Hey, I'm just curious to who else has applied to study in one of these unis aswell. I applied for both Sofia and Plovdiv through Tutelage Ltd. They took over the application process for me including translation and legalisation. They have also said to me that they will travel with me to Bulgaria before term starts to get a feel of the area. I had a look at a few agencies but this one was by far the cheapest and they seem like really nice people. They've kept me up to date with my application etc. I have ended up deciding to go to Plovdiv but that's only because my mates have decided to go there too, always nice to know someone in a completely different country!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I'm applying through tutelage as well. I'm applying to both Plovdiv and Pleven now, might even see you there if I hopefully get accepted! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Sanara
Ahh I'm applying through tutelage as well. I'm applying to both Plovdiv and Pleven now, might even see you there if I hopefully get accepted! :smile:

Good luck with your application, let me know how you get on with it! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sanara

Have you managed to apply? I just wanted to see who else has recently applied through Tutelage. I've only read through about ex applicants who have currently got a place. Just wanted to know if there are any newbies?
Reply 8
Original post by dalia12345
Have you managed to apply? I just wanted to see who else has recently applied through Tutelage. I've only read through about ex applicants who have currently got a place. Just wanted to know if there are any newbies?

Yeah I applied to Sofia and pleven in the end. Want to go to Sofia so I'm waiting for a reply from them but I have a conditional offer from pleven!
What are the entrance requirements? Where do I take the biology and chemistry exam? Do admissions only happen in october or do they have one in february too like most of the other unis?
Thanks
Is Pleven a good uni
Reply 11
In terms of leading medical university in Bulgaria, it is sofia since is the most experienced in terms of teaching in English language programme. So it is recommend to study in Sofia. But overall It cannot be compared with ANY UK medical schools.
Reply 12
Original post by wowverybrilliant
What are the entrance requirements? Where do I take the biology and chemistry exam? Do admissions only happen in october or do they have one in february too like most of the other unis?
Thanks

I've applied with B's at A Level what grades do you want to apply with? Which biology and chemistry exam are you talking about? And from what I know admissions are only in October :smile:
Hey guys I've applied as a late applicant (very late I think :frown:) but yeah hopefully will be going to Sofia medical school, was wondering who else has also got a place ? Will be great to know some of you
Im also going to Sofia this year to do dentistry... what is it like over there?
Original post by Pink01pink
Hey guys I've applied as a late applicant (very late I think :frown:) but yeah hopefully will be going to Sofia medical school, was wondering who else has also got a place ? Will be great to know some of you

hey i applied for sofia medical university as well and i'll be travelling on 30th september
Original post by SriKanatt
hey i applied for sofia medical university as well and i'll be travelling on 30th september

Hey I think I'm flying out on 5th October good luck :smile: excited

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pink01pink
Hey I think I'm flying out on 5th October good luck :smile: excited

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey thanks and you too :smile:
Reply 18
Hi I'm applying this year to study at Sofia medical uni and was wondering if anybody went through studymedicine Europe.ltd? I'm from the UK.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Punita01
Hi I'm applying this year to study at Sofia medical uni and was wondering if anybody went through studymedicine Europe.ltd? I'm from the UK.

Hey, I'm so glad I didn't go through them when I applied. Saved myself from the charges! Apparently they didn't even deal with Sofia in the first place! Didn't you see the announcement made?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending