The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would love to go there and help but its kinda scary what if the soldiers shoot me for helping and no one would know
#PoorAnna :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Israel is only in this position because it fought many wars of survival to maintain itself. Israel totally controlled Gaza then pulled out and they voted in Hamas. So now Israel still controls the West bank and will continue to do so. Palestine isn't the victim and neither is Israel. There is no good or bad actor. Just currently Israel is in a dominant military position and uses it. I am not Jewish or anything like that. However I support the Jewish nation state of Israel and I believe Israel will takeover Gaza and West bank when the Jews are clearly the majority population.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
:biggrin: The simplicity of your response made me laugh for some reason. It's fair to say Jerusalem means a lot to the jews and it just so happened to be in palestine at the time.....
It's a long and complicated history going back thousands of years

Aha:P I see

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;I4dLMtF7s9U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4dLMtF7s9U[/video]
Original post by william walker
Israel is only in this position because it fought many wars of survival to maintain itself. Israel totally controlled Gaza then pulled out and they voted in Hamas. So now Israel still controls the West bank and will continue to do so. Palestine isn't the victim and neither is Israel. There is no good or bad actor. Just currently Israel is in a dominant military position and uses it. I am not Jewish or anything like that. However I support the Jewish nation state of Israel and I believe Israel will takeover Gaza and West bank when the Jews are clearly the majority population.

If they do thats pretty sad since my research came to a conclusion of that the land is not acually theirs (jews) and they slowly invaded it and taken over it which is pretty bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ribbit1234
its because palestine is a muslim country. the medias against Muslims and will never say the truth about whats actually going on and people blindly support israel without even knowing what the conflicts about simply cuz palestine is a muslim country.

Well the media is stupid and all they do is brainwash stupid people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincessAnna
If they do thats pretty sad since my research came to a conclusion of that the land is not acually theirs (jews) and they slowly invaded it and taken over it which is pretty bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and? The Jewish control it or dominate it what are you going to do? As far as I am concerned the Jews fought for, took the land and have maintained themselves since 1948 so the land is their until someone takes it from them.

The Christians took the land from the Jews, the Muslims took it from the Christians, the British Empire took it from the Ottoman Empire. Whoever control the land and can maintain it should be their.
Original post by william walker
Yeah and? The Jewish control it or dominate it what are you going to do? As far as I am concerned the Jews fought for, took the land and have maintained themselves since 1948 so the land is their until someone takes it from them.

The Christians took the land from the Jews, the Muslims took it from the Christians, the British Empire took it from the Ottoman Empire. Whoever control the land and can maintain it should be their.

The jews will never be able to take the rest of the land and I can gurentee that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The jews will never be able to take the rest of the land and I can gurentee that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

People are starting to see the true colours of the jews/zionists. Wont be long untill we find out there plans
The antisemitism shown in this thread is why Israel was created, I despise the idea of a state based around a religion, but if any religion deems it necessary then it is Judaism as Jews all over the world have been massacred and in a uneven proportion to other faiths, the truth behind the strife in Gaza, is, yes its true that there a blockade place there by the IDF, but on the other side Egypt closed its crossing in 2000, you know why? because Hamas were smuggling weapons in and out of Gaza. Now Egypt opens it crossing, guess whats happened a rocket was fired at Israel for Sinai in Egypt. The reason why the houses in isreal are not rubble is simple, Israel built a iron curtain missile interception shield to protect its citizens, The Palestinian government(Hamas) dug tunnels into Israel to kidnap Jews, Palestinians became their own worst enemy by voting Hamas in. Oh and did you know 9/11 and 7/7 is celebrated in the gaza strip by burning the respective flags. Oh and Hamas, swears to the destruction of Israel and its Jews, The situation in Gaza is sad, very sad. To see for the most part brainwashed, innocent children being indoctrinated into hating people from faiths or nationalities is very sad. The longer Hamas seeks to destroy Israel the longer the IDF will get bigger, Why can Israel exist with Jordan, Lebanon, Oman and Egypt even though they are all for the most part Islamic countries ? Because none of them voted in a organization firing rockets into Israel. Israel even invaded Lebanon when a branch of Hezbollah, broke off went a bit allahu ackbar and fired missles into Israel and the rest of Hezbollah help get rid of the crazies. Long story short, Sunni radicals commit acts of war against Israel, Israel gets pissed goes a bit over board with the bombing in return commits acts of war(borderline war crimes), looks bad, extremist sympathizers go 'LOOK AT THE ZIONIST TRYING TO DESTROY ISLAM' when in actuality Israel gets on quite well with its other Islamic neighbors. I believe in a two state solution. get rid of Hamas and see how much better things get.
Original post by ExcitedPup
What do you mean "kept to their own"?

Palestinian land shrinks every time the Arabs make war on Israel and lose. If the Palestinians had accepted the 1947 partition, they would today have a very substantial state. In fact, Israel and Palestine would have developed together and traded, and probably become quite prosperous.

Imagine if the Palestinians had accepted that, look at the map below, the entire yellow area would be theirs. Instead, the Arabs rejected the deal out of hand and attempted to seize 100% of the land by force

Yes they could have lived and traded together. But who said it was the Jews' land to claim. This picture shows the motive of the Jews.

Screenshot_2015-07-09-08-36-09.jpg
Original post by Zaki Hendrix
Yes they could have lived and traded together. But who said it was the Jews' land to claim. This picture shows the motive of the Jews.

Screenshot_2015-07-09-08-36-09.jpg

As if it wasn't obvious already from the website address, this page is filled with complete and total bull**** and should and must be completely discounted by anyone who has any pretense towards caring for truth. Not least is it's use of wholly fabricated and distorted quotations.

For example, it quotes Ben-Gurion as saying "We must expel the Arabs and take their place. But one needs and opportune moment to make it happen, such as a war."

What's the problem? Ben-Gurion didn't actually say this. The second sentence is made-up, the first one is lifted out of a Ben-Gurion quote which says the exact opposite:

"We do not wish, we do not need to expel the Arabs and take their place. All our aspirations are built upon the assumption proven throughout all our activity in the Land that there is enough room in the country for ourselves and the Arabs."

The rest is no more credible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Jews did take it. Then they give it back to the Palestinians. So if the Jews wanted the land they would take it.
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
As if it wasn't obvious already from the website address, this page is filled with complete and total bull**** and should and must be completely discounted by anyone who has any pretense towards caring for truth. Not least is it's use of wholly fabricated and distorted quotations.

For example, it quotes Ben-Gurion as saying "We must expel the Arabs and take their place. But one needs and opportune moment to make it happen, such as a war."

What's the problem? Ben-Gurion didn't actually say this. The second sentence is made-up, the first one is lifted out of a Ben-Gurion quote which says the exact opposite:

"We do not wish, we do not need to expel the Arabs and take their place. All our aspirations are built upon the assumption proven throughout all our activity in the Land that there is enough room in the country for ourselves and the Arabs."

The rest is no more credible.

And yet the relationship between Israel and Palestine isn't... healthy. If the quote is from an unreliable source then fair enough but actions speak louder than words. Funny how Israel's relationship with the surrounding countries is as unhealthy as Palestine's. And there is still no denying the fact that Israel, like a spoilt child, gets away with far more than they should. Why? America. Israel is prosperous because they are a dependent country. And they are getting away with their actions towards Palestine. The Jews settled in a Muslim area. This was in a time when the global population wasn't even half of what it is now. There was space, just not in the Arab region.
And yet the relationship between Israel and Palestine isn't... healthy. If the quote is from an unreliable source then fair enough but actions speak louder than words. Funny how Israel's relationship with the surrounding countries is as unhealthy as Palestine's. And there is still no denying the fact that Israel, like a spoilt child, gets away with far more than they should. Why? America. Israel is prosperous because they are a dependent country. And they are getting away with their actions towards Palestine. The Jews settled in a Muslim area. This was in a time when the global population wasn't even half of what it is now. There was space, just not in the Arab region.

Again and again: "Well, my evidence isn't real, but my overall view which I gained from a long history of believing false and misleading evidence is correct."

Your overall view of the basics of the situation is not correct. It has been formed from reading and watching and listening to things which are lies or distortions or misleading in any number of ways. This is distressingly common.

you've just been caught posting lies about this situation and this is your response
Original post by anarchism101
The idea that an Anglophone Jewish New Yorker whose family has never set foot in the Middle East for at least several centuries is more indigenous to Israel/Palestine than a Palestinian who was born there as were his parents and ancestors for at least those same centuries is absurd and offensive.

Feel free to be offended.

Your point might have a little bit more bite if 100% of Israeli Jews were European, but they're not. 65% of Israeli Jews are Middle Eastern in origin and were driven out of their countries of origin. It is right and proper that they should have a place of refuge.

And it is entirely legitimate that a state made up primarily of Mizrahi Jews would import whatever of their European brethren are necessary to secure their safety, otherwise the rights of these Middle Eastern Jews has no applicability in reality
Funny how Israel's relationship with the surrounding countries is as unhealthy as Palestine's

Actually, Egypt seems to prefer Israel to Palestine. Egypt is very happy to work with the Israelis to prevent Gazan terrorism

Also, you really need to answer to the fact you quoted a complete misrepresentation, the opposite, of what Ben Gurion actually said.
Yeah gaza was treated bad and israel laugh and still say they're the victims when Gaza has millions.of innocent children dead, that's all against the rules of war.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ladies and gentlemen, this is what we're up against. Ignorance and prejudice so complete and profound that it's impossible to know where to begin to address it. Teh Jooz did 9/11? Casualty counts off by 4 orders of magnitude and actually higher than the total population? That's only the tip of the iceberg. Can these people even point to Israel on map?

Latest

Trending

Trending