The Student Room Group

The official BTEC results discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Just phoned up my son`s college to ask when they thought the BTEC results would be issued. She checked his name and his result is in . DDM [ there wasn`t provision to do D* on this course]. Absolutely delighted for him. But she said it will still be some time before the college issues certificates as there was only one woman dealing with every BTEC in the college. This is our situation here in N.Ireland anyway. Elsewhere might be different.
Reply 21
Original post by markova21
Just phoned up my son`s college to ask when they thought the BTEC results would be issued. She checked his name and his result is in . DDM [ there wasn`t provision to do D* on this course]. Absolutely delighted for him. But she said it will still be some time before the college issues certificates as there was only one woman dealing with every BTEC in the college. This is our situation here in N.Ireland anyway. Elsewhere might be different.

Everyone has their results now but Btec have to make them official which will probably be around late July or early August.

Also certificates are issued in September.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
My SFCollege is handing out results/certificates the same day as the A Level results come out. It might be different for other college but I would like to say that I knew what grades I had and was working towards throughout my course.
Just phoned up my son`s college to ask when they thought the BTEC results would be issued. She checked his name and his result is in . DDM [ there wasn`t provision to do D* on this course]. Absolutely delighted for him. But she said it will still be some time before the college issues certificates as there was only one woman dealing with every BTEC in the college. This is our situation here in N.Ireland anyway.
Elsewhere might be different.

I did my BTEC through Belfast met and got my certificate last week even though I got a letter saying I wouldn't get them until September so the certificate could come early :smile:
Original post by rkhan57
Everyone has their results now but Btec have to make them official which will probably be around late July or early August.

Also certificates are issued in September.

Ah,OK thanks.
I haven't long finished my first year of college doing the 90 credit diploma in applied science and came out with 6D, 2M, and 2P/755 points. This gave me DM overall^^ Hoping to apply for biochemistry at uni :biggrin:
When do we get the BTEC results do you think?!. Done 18 modules for 2 years and achieves 18 D*.. all of them... I think or hope.. just worried for my second year grades..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by rolierol
When do we get the BTEC results do you think?!. Done 18 modules for 2 years and achieves 18 D*.. all of them... I think or hope.. just worried for my second year grades..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the results should start coming through in their batches from the middle of July onwards
Reply 28
Just completed me 20 Units at Distinction, which includes two optional units I required for Uni ...

Hopefully my D*D*D* will remain firm, which should guarantee me my £3K Scholarship :-)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 29
Cool, good luck with that :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Amar AA
Just completed me 20 Units at Distinction, which includes two optional units I required for Uni ...

Hopefully my D*D*D* will remain firm, which should guarantee me my £3K Scholarship :-)

Which uni and course?
Reply 31
Uni - Aston University

Course - BSc Computer Science with a year in industry
Does anyone know what happens to all the BTEC Assignments ? Do BTEC themselves or the college keep it all, or are the students given all their work back to keep?
Reply 33
Does anyone know what happens to all the BTEC Assignments ? Do BTEC themselves or the college keep it all, or are the students given all their work back to keep?

Basically ur complete BTEC assignments are kept with the college. The exam board would only require the grades, that's all. As far as ur assignments go, u can request for them at the end of the year. In my case, I can collect all my assignments mid-september, which could be the same for u.
Reply 34
D*D* (9/9 distinctions) in my first year of BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in IT. I've seen a lot of peoples grades drop from what I've heard was previously being obtained though, due to the new rules.
Reply 35
Original post by cnova
D*D* (9/9 distinctions) in my first year of BTEC level 3 Extended Diploma in IT. I've seen a lot of peoples grades drop from what I've heard was previously being obtained though, due to the new rules.

That happened to one of me mates...
Reply 36
Original post by Amar AA
That happened to one of me mates...

It's happened to my entire class, minus myself and a few others. Some have failed and been removed. The others are just getting passes.

We were told to collect them on a specific date otherwise they get shredded.
Reply 38
Original post by cnova

What new rules?
Reply 39
Original post by Stefnaaay
We were told to collect them on a specific date otherwise they get shredded.

Exactly :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending