The Student Room Group

OCR MEI Maths

Can anybody recommend any resources? Books websites etc? I want to self-teach C1 and possibly C2 before I start in september.. Also has anybody got any experience with this 'MEI' exam board? It's the first I've heard of it. I wished I did Edexcel as it seems to have more resources and it is generally more widely known.
It's not hard at all. The books are freely available on eBay/Amazon and the course itself can be self taught with enough dedication from the student within 3/4 months.
Original post by Adeel Ali
Can anybody recommend any resources? Books websites etc? I want to self-teach C1 and possibly C2 before I start in september.. Also has anybody got any experience with this 'MEI' exam board? It's the first I've heard of it. I wished I did Edexcel as it seems to have more resources and it is generally more widely known.

Does this help.
Let me know what you think.
Reply 3
Original post by brianeverit
Does this help.
Let me know what you think.

Wow. It looks great! Did you create that, also is that just a general overview of what each module contains or is it for a specific awarding body?
Wow. It looks great! Did you create that, also is that just a general overview of what each module contains or is it for a specific awarding body?

It is specifically for MEI
Reply 5
Original post by brianeverit
It is specifically for MEI

Wow. Thank you so much I appreciate it. Do you know any books that are good for this board?
Wow. Thank you so much I appreciate it. Do you know any books that are good for this board?

Obviously the MEI Structured Maths series (they are all listed on google) but they are not cheap. For example the book covering C1 and C2 is £25,99
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
If you don't want to spend loads on books, maybe you could look up the spec and then just watch videos on the topics you need to know about, I'm doing that for FP1, using 'examsolutions' videos, although they get a little boring if you watch loads in a row, but it generally seems to cover everything. The I find that the MEI textbooks don't teach the topics very well, although they are good for practice once you've learned the topics. The CGP revision guides are also good for a brief recap of topics, and also for summarising rules and formulas you need to remember, and they also have 2 'practice papers' which are good for revision too, but I don't think you could teach yourself the course from them.

Quick Reply

Latest