The Student Room Group

Am I being bullied?

I mean people keep coming on my threads and won't leave me alone. Like Whorace why is he picking on me? I have done nothing to him.

Ivybridge wouldn't leave me alone either. Just because I don't support homosexuality or trans-gender people.

Zuki keeps asking women I say are beautiful for photo's. This makes me thing twice before telling people how I feel about them.

The trouble is that I just don't care about these members and find them dis-interesting. I can't understand why people care about me and my arguments. Sure I am different from everybody else and so are my arguments.

I have been rather hurt and upset by all this. After I made the AMA thread people were saying really nice things about me and felt really good. However now I just feel really down and disappointed whenever I come on here and people are making fun of me. :frown:

[video="youtube;O_awMiJLzJg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_awMiJLzJg[/video]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by william walker
I mean people keep coming on my threads and won't leave me alone. Like Whorace why is he picking on me? I have done nothing to him.

Ivybridge wouldn't leave me alone either. Just because I don't support homosexuality or trans-gender people.

Zuki keeps asking women I say are beautiful for photo's. This makes me thing twice before telling people how I feel about them.

The trouble is that I just don't care about these members and find them dis-interesting. I can't understand why people care about me and my arguments. Sure I am different from everybody else and so are my arguments.

I have been rather hurt and upset by all this. After I made the AMA thread people were saying really nice things about me and felt really good. However now I just feel really down and disappointed whenever I come on here and people are making fun of me. :frown:

[video="youtube;O_awMiJLzJg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_awMiJLzJg[/video]

Do you support people of a different race?
Is there a difference between racism and homophobia and if so, why is it morally acceptable to be homophobic but not racist?
It's a sensitive topic. The best for me, however strong my opinions are about a certain issue, is to not voice it. Hide in the shadows, that's what is best for everyone. I really don't get it, everyone always yammering on to prove their point or to show "this is what I think, notice me senpai" or "accept my opinions dammit".

Like what the person above said. There's no difference between homophobia and racism. People are people you know, no matter what their stance or standing in life are. Sure, you may dislike certain things about them, I'm not saying you can't, but don't be so brash about it.

After all, TSR is a community, not a old-man's grumbling pad.
Original post by Judge Jasel
It's a sensitive topic. The best for me, however strong my opinions are about a certain issue, is to not voice it. Hide in the shadows, that's what is best for everyone. I really don't get it, everyone always yammering on to prove their point or to show "this is what I think, notice me senpai" or "accept my opinions dammit".

Like what the person above said. There's no difference between homophobia and racism. People are people you know, no matter what their stance or standing in life are. Sure, you may dislike certain things about them, I'm not saying you can't, but don't be so brash about it.

After all, TSR is a community, not a old-man's grumbling pad.

No.

Well there is a different because racism and homophobia are two different things.
No.

Well there is a different because racism and homophobia are two different things.

Are they or are they not discriminating against something that someone can not help nor did they ask for?
Homosexuality is not a disease nor is there anything wrong with it and for you to discriminate against something based on someone's sexual attraction to someone of the same sex and a sexual relationship/marriage between two consenting people, who are you to judge and say your love is any more right/just than mine or anyone else's?
you can't get "bullied" if it has no connection to your life outside the internet. - it's called "ignoring"

What is this? Why?
i think the main issue is that the tsr community rules specifically don't want you to post offensive or discriminatory views and it appears you break that a bit with some of your post which might upset some people. If its an opinion that upsets others then sometimes it s best to keep it to yourself, aren't religious people supposed to love their neighbours and respect other people after all:P
No.

Scienceisgood basically outlined what I wanted to say. No one should be in any position to discriminate between right and wrong. If racism is unacceptable in your eyes, so should homophobia. They're all still humans right? They eat just like you do and breathe the same air that you do. They are in no way different, and just like you're entitled to your opinions, they're entitled to theirs too.
Reply 9
At the start I felt sorry for you, then you said you don't support homo sexuality. So **** you, you deserve it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scienceisgood basically outlined what I wanted to say. No one should be in any position to discriminate between right and wrong. If racism is unacceptable in your eyes, so should homophobia. They're all still humans right? They eat just like you do and breathe the same air that you do. They are in no way different, and just like you're entitled to your opinions, they're entitled to theirs too.

Yet ironically within your bull**** prescriptive talk about what people can or cannot do, you contradict yourself since you said before-hand that nobody should tell others what is right or wrong.

Grow a backbone and make sense.

Just tell him straight; William Walker, you are an idiot and an immoral man. You will not reach heaven; and nobody ought to have any respect for your foolish, naive, silly, immoral beliefs.

I don't care for the definition of bullying very much. If it is it is. If it isn't it isn't. So what? Either way the response would surely be the same. Heed it, or ignore it. Ignore it at your peril you evil man.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TorpidPhil
Yet ironically within your bull**** prescriptive talk about what people can or cannot do, you contradict yourself since you said before-hand that nobody should tell others what is right or wrong.

Just tell him straight; William Walker, you are an idiot and an immoral man. You will not reach heaven; and nobody ought to have any respect for your foolish, naive, silly, immoral beliefs.

I don't care for the definition of bullying very much. If it is it is. If it isn't it isn't. So what? Either way the response would surely be the same. Heed it, or ignore it. Ignore it at your peril you evil man.

Awesome. :awesome:

Did I say William was wrong? where did I ever write the word wrong? where? where? :eek:

Oh right. I forgot. I told him to not voice opinions and force it on others. Did I say he was wrong? Or do you need a pair of glasses?
Original post by Oscar.
At the start I felt sorry for you, then you said you don't support homo sexuality. So **** you, you deserve it

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol::oops:
Awesome. :awesome:

Evidently; I am a strongly opinionated atheist who believes in an objective morality that would place you as deeply immoral.

#Awesome indeed.
Original post by JoshDawg
What is this? Why?

Listen to the words and you will know why I posted it.
Evidently; I am a strongly opinionated atheist who believes in an objective morality that would place you as deeply immoral.

#Awesome indeed.

What is the basis fro your morality and which established institution will enforce it?
What is the basis fro your morality and which established institution will enforce it?

I think morality is a priori discover-able akin to mathematical languages and tautologies.

The judiciary system was created for the very purpose of enforcing an objective morality; of course there is much to be done to establish whether or not the claims of governments which set-up such institutions are actually valid concerning morality; there is no certain assurance that they are or ever will be.
Did I say William was wrong? where did I ever write the word wrong? where? where? :eek:

Oh right. I forgot. I told him to not voice opinions and force it on others. Did I say he was wrong? Or do you need a pair of glasses?

You did yes. Unless you aren't very competent at English.

" If racism is unacceptable in your eyes, so should homophobia."

He already told you rationally what the difference between the two are and he has a point; the two are very different indeed. Ultimately gay people do act differently to heterosexual people. Black people don't by necessity act different from white people.

Still, you say for seemingly no apparent rational reason (since the two are not synonymous as the OP already told you) that given A, then you must be B. If it is not due to following logically then you must just be making some broad prescriptive moral claim as to why If A, then B. Otherwise you're just wrong.
(edited 8 years ago)

I think you are being very sensitive.

Quick Reply

Latest