The Student Room Group

Clearing 2015

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, I currently have no offers for uni so should I wait till results day or phone up unis now and hand them my clearing number and wait and see if I get any verbal offers? I did have a couple of offers but I rejected them in February. Also if I decide to wait till results day can the unis see my grades even though I rejected their offers or have been unsuccesful?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jjb0800
I'm in a bit of a dilemma here, I currently have no offers for uni so should I wait till results day or phone up unis now and hand them my clearing number and wait and see if I get any verbal offers? I did have a couple of offers but I rejected them in February. Also if I decide to wait till results day can the unis see my grades even though I rejected their offers or have been unsuccesful?

On results day, there will be a much larger choice of courses actively offering clearing places, but if you've seen an open course you're interested in then there's nothing to stop you ringing up now, and there may be less competition than on results day.

As far as I'm aware, unis who you have rejected won't see your grades. Even if they could, they probably will be much more interested in the grades of people who are actually going to uni there, rather than those who've rejected their offers.
Reply 2
Ok i rang up one of the unis i was interested in and they said that the course leader was not here atm so they gave me their email address of the course leader. I emailed them to find out feedback and said that i wasnt given an offer because of my gcse requirements which were c in maths and c in english. I have an a in language and d in maths. Im waiting on my maths grade on results day and i have met the ucas point requirement because i do a btec level 3. I then asked if i could go through ucas clearing and they said once it starts yes. I thought this was a verbal offer then i did this on ucas and the next day i was declined. Was this because i didnt hand my clearing number
Reply 3
No replies lol
Original post by jjb0800
Ok i rang up one of the unis i was interested in and they said that the course leader was not here atm so they gave me their email address of the course leader. I emailed them to find out feedback and said that i wasnt given an offer because of my gcse requirements which were c in maths and c in english. I have an a in language and d in maths. Im waiting on my maths grade on results day and i have met the ucas point requirement because i do a btec level 3. I then asked if i could go through ucas clearing and they said once it starts yes. I thought this was a verbal offer then i did this on ucas and the next day i was declined. Was this because i didnt hand my clearing number

When they said that you could do it through clearing, they would have meant on results day, as that is when clearing officially opens. You can view what courses have clearing spaces now but that can change up to and even on results day. You'll have to contact them again on results day, on their clearing hotline to see if they will allocate you a place. It wouldn't have been a verbal offer as they are not allowed to do that, as clearing hasn't officially opened. Hope this helps!
Reply 5
Original post by jjb0800

This is probably because you haven't had your resit grade for GCSE Maths back!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending