The Student Room Group

At what size would you consider a girl fat?

So I'm watching Dinner Date (don't judge.) A man who works as a personal trainer commented on the fact that he once went out with a girl who was a size 12. It apparently lasted for a about 2 minutes. Naturally this made me raise my eyebrows :colonhash:
So I was wondering, at what size would you consider a girl fat :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Smonnie
Anything over a 4.

Well damn, guess i'm fat then.
Clothes size is really not a good indicator of whether or not a girl is 'fat' or not. Firstly, guys are often clueless about women's clothing sizes. Secondly, sizing varies so much between shops. A girl might be a 10 in one shop and a 16 in another. And finally, it really depends on how a woman's body weight is distributed. A very tall woman might wear a size 18 but look "slim". A shorter woman might wear a size 10 but look "chubby". Also, women often have to wear different sizes on top and bottom (e.g. a woman with large breasts might need a much bigger size for shirts).
Not sure about fat, but size 10 and under is certainly ideal.
Reply 4
Original post by Carpe Vinum
Clothes size is really not a good indicator of whether or not a girl is 'fat' or not. Firstly, guys are often clueless about women's clothing sizes. Secondly, sizing varies so much between shops. A girl might be a 10 in one shop and a 16 in another. And finally, it really depends on how a woman's body weight is distributed. A very tall woman might wear a size 18 but look "slim". A shorter woman might wear a size 10 but look "chubby". Also, women often have to wear different sizes on top and bottom (e.g. a woman with large breasts might need a much bigger size for shirts).

I don't think you can ever wear size 18 and look slim in all honesty but fair enough, point well made.
Reply 5
Original post by Smonnie
Anything over a 4.

wtf

Posted from TSR Mobile
>25% bodyfat
If she orders anything more than a small, she's fatz
A very tall woman might wear a size 18 but look "slim". .

...yeah no, lol.

But anyway the point of it being too hard to call is true.

As a best average rule I can think of, I'd probably say over a size 16 regardless of body shape. and a size 14/16 is she's under 5ft 5 and not unusually curvaceous naturally (big breasts, big hips etc). Obviously it also depends what you mean by fat, is a little bit "chubby" fat, is an obviously sticking out stomach fat, is rolls fat etc. If even a hint of chubbiness, love handles etc, is deemed fat, I guess it would likely have to be size 10 or under. ....but I'll have one in size 12-14 lol.
(edited 8 years ago)
If the women the man was talking about was very small in height then being a size 12 she could have possibly been overweight. But, she could have been considerably taller and slim as a size 12.

There are so many factors to take into consideration, such as:
Height - 5'10", size 16 female is going to look slimmer then a 5'5", size 16 female.

Generally for me, this is what I think of sizing (although it usually is different in different shops - body measurements are more reliable):
Size 6 - very skinny/skinny/slim
Size 8 - skinny/slim/lower end of average
Size 10 - slim/average
Size 12 - average/higher end of average
Size 14 - higher end of average/slightly overweight...and so on.

*I don't mean to offend anyone, these are just all my own opinions, and my opinions on sizing would vary a lot depending on height!*
Original post by Dilzo999
>25% bodyfat

so in the upper end of atheltic range for women, not even in the average range?
ask yourself "what does a fat man look like" and just apply that principle to women. I don't know the sizes for women
Does it matter? The only real question is. Do you find them attractive. If so give it a shot. If you dont. Dont. Simple as that.
i'd say > size 12
I'd have to judge on a case-by-case basis. One quick glance is sometimes all that is required to determine if a girl is too fat. Usually, I'd say anything over size 7 or 8 is too fat and needs to lose weight.
Original post by Liquid Harvest
I'd have to judge on a case-by-case basis. One quick glance is sometimes all that is required to determine if a girl is too fat. Usually, I'd say anything over size 7 or 8 is too fat and needs to lose weight.

There is no size 7.
There is no size 7.

No size 7? What's the smallest available size for a skinny girl?
Original post by Liquid Harvest
No size 7? What's the smallest available size for a skinny girl?

A size 4 (= size 0 in the US).
Reply 19
Size 16 and above.

Latest

Trending

Trending